Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

*SPOILERS* Is It Derpy or Not Derpy?

Batbrony

Derpy.

DERPY.

DERPY.

DO NOT CALL HER DITZY DOO! HER NAME IS DERPY HOOVES!

I hate it so bad when people call Derpy Ditzy. It's been canonically established - by the show's creator, no less - that her name is Derpy. Fear my wrath if you call her that again.

:facehoof: its like an advertisement for why i don't call my self a brony

some people like to call her Ditzy because Derpy is slang for stupid so constantly calling a pony that, is an insult to the character just because she has a lazy eye.

also the name Derpy was removed from canon :D

• Brohoof 1

Derpy.

DERPY.

DERPY.

DO NOT CALL HER DITZY DOO! HER NAME IS DERPY HOOVES!

I hate it so bad when people call Derpy Ditzy. It's been canonically established - by the show's creator, no less - that her name is Derpy. Fear my wrath if you call her that again.

Hey, guess what. I call her both, Ditzy and Derpy.

Cause they are both her name.

Besides, why does it matter?

Ditzy Derpy Hooves Doo is best pony? ;)Right along side AJ.

some people like to call her Ditzy because Derpy is slang for stupid so constantly calling a pony that, is an insult to the character just because she has a lazy eye.

And this as well. Not everyone uses the word "derpy" or "derp" in the same way, but it can easily be (and usually is) used as stupid (Though, I use it more for something klutzy or for when you do something wrong when the answer is blatantly in your face.).

:facehoof: its like an advertisement for why i don't call my self a brony

People can go a little crazy over their favourite characters. It happens.

If her name is no longer canon, then why are the writing staff and producers still calling her Derpy? None of them call her Ditzy Doo. All of Derpy's avid fans call her Derpy. /mlp/ calls her Derpy. FFS, it's not an insult, it's a name of a cartoon pony. Stop reading so much into it, it's like being offended at Pepe Le Pew. *rolls eyes*

Besides, why does it matter?

It matters because we who love Derpy and want her to stay in the show campaigned hard to convince Hasbro not to throw away or alter a wonderful character because some bunch of disabled-phobic idiot whiners were uncomfortable with a less-than perfect pony. Derpy's flaws and name as shown in The Last Roundup are what make her her. If people can deal with a crippled filly, they can deal with a wall-eyed, clumsy, dippy, lovable mare.

Good grief.

Edited by Swift Decision
  • Brohoof 1

All of Derpy's avid fans call her Derpy. /mlp/ calls her Derpy.

Apparently not ALL of her avid fans. Ya know, considering I am one.

And the word itself is usually an insult. Making it a name does not change its meaning at all. Not when the meaning came first.

/mlp/ doesn't count as its 4chan. They call everyone by slang terms there. You can never tell if they are doing it for the name, or for the insult.

People can go a little crazy over their favourite characters. It happens.

If her name is no longer canon, then why are the writing staff and producers still calling her Derpy? None of them call her Ditzy Doo. All of Derpy's avid fans call her Derpy. /mlp/ calls her Derpy. FFS, it's not an insult, it's a name of a cartoon pony. Stop reading so much into it, it's like being offended at Pepe Le Pew. *rolls eyes*

Derpy is no longer in the shows canon as it was removed, and remains fanon, and excuse me if i don't follow something that came from 4chan.

and who said it was offensive? i called it an insult to the character of Ditzy Do.

last thing telling some one to not read into something is stupid because that's apart of what being a fan is not going into a whiny fit over a name.

It matters because we who love Derpy and want her to stay in the show campaigned hard to convince Hasbro not to throw away or alter a wonderful character because some bunch of disabled-phobic idiot whiners were uncomfortable with a less-than perfect pony. Derpy's flaws and name as shown in The Last Roundup are what make her her. If people can deal with a crippled filly, they can deal with a wall-eyed, clumsy, dippy, lovable mare.

you do not want to continue with this because you digging you self into a deep whole and i will destroy you with logic Edited by PonyEcho
  • Brohoof 1

It was only removed in one version of the episode. The original version is coming out on DVD, or so I heard.

I'm not going into a whiny fit, you're being an asshole.

EDIT: From the wiki:

Even though background ponies have no official names, an animator from the Philippine studio working on the show said that Derpy was nicknamed Stoneface, Bubbles, Bubblehead, and Ditzy by the crew.[6] Thiessen later relayed that the Canadian crew has adopted the name Derpy.[7][8] Derpy is featured in her Nightmare Night paper bags costume in the Castle Creator flash game, with the file name for her asset containing the word "Derpy".[9] A December 2011 update to the game contained another Derpy asset, wearing a reindeer cap and a red nose, this time with its file name containing the phrase "DH_definitely_canon".[10] The day Hearth's Warming Eve aired, The Hub's Facebook page posted a message encouraging readers to "spot fan favorite Derpy" in the episode.[11]

Lauren Faust charity sketch of Derpy The character is called "Derpy" on-screen

in The Last Roundup, detailed below. The episode's writer noted that the character's name in the script was originally Ditzy Doo, and she was requested to change the name to Derpy as a "tip of the hat" to the fans.

Just because the episode was altered, that doesn't mean Derpy's name is no longer canon. It just means she wasn't called by her name.

Derpy Hooves is Derpy Hooves, not Ditzy Doo. Deal with it.

Edited by Swift Decision
  • Brohoof 1

Apparently not ALL of her avid fans. Ya know, considering I am one.

And the word itself is usually an insult. Making it a name does not change its meaning at all. Not when the meaning came first.

/mlp/ doesn't count as its 4chan. They call everyone by slang terms there. You can never tell if they are doing it for the name, or for the insult.

you talking to a brick wall, there are some fan that think that if you don't think the same as them you are not a fan, i mean i've just been called an ass hole for my opinion.

i mean i had a lazy eye and was tease and bullied though school for it so i know what its like being call stupid over something like this , and the reason she was change in the last round up was for that reason (yes i am one of the .. what did he call them disabled-phobic idiot whiners who complained) little kid are the main audiance and it not right to give them the idea that children with lazy eyes are clusy idiots who should be called derpy (still slang for derpy)

but i've been though this rant before already hell even got a death threat. and it not part of the topic.

Ditzy is still there but she is more of a were's waldo character then ever

• Brohoof 1

I first thought that it was Derpy sitting next to the doctor, I then realized she didn't have the same mane. It wasn't Derpy, but it would be so awesome if they had.

Good grief.

>Implying I don't literally love her.

Of course I'd love for her to have been able to stay in the show, but she isn't. That has already been decided. No point in wasting anything on the past.

And I agree, just with less made up words and insults. I mean, Ed, Edd, and Eddy has a main character that has to obviously be mentally challenged or just pure slow, but no one says anything about him.

Still doesn't mean you have to go full out on someone over a name.

Let them actually attack the character, not a name they go by, then you can proceed to flip crap.

P.S. Calling someone an asshole over debating is not the right way to go.

you talking to a brick wall, there are some fan that think that if you don't think the same as them you are not a fan, i mean i've just been called an ass hole for my opinion.

i mean i had a lazy eye and was tease and bullied though school for it so i know what its like being call stupid over something like this , and the reason she was change in the last round up was for that reason (yes i am one of the .. what did he call them disabled-phobic idiot whiners who complained) little kid are the main audiance and it not right to give them the idea that children with lazy eyes are clusy idiots who should be called derpy (still slang for derpy)

but i've been though this rant before already hell even got a death threat. and it not part of the topic.

Ditzy is still there but she is more of a where's waldo character then ever

Yea, I've noticed. No one's gonna get through this one at all.

I remember you talking about that in some other thread. That makes perfect sense why you would be against the name.

And yet another good reason to be against it.

Ouch, sorry to hear that. :x

Meh, I've grown to accept it. Either name is fine as they both refer to the same lovable mare.

Yea, I've noticed. No one's gonna get through this one at all.

I remember you talking about that in some other thread. That makes perfect sense why you would be against the name.

And yet another good reason to be against it.

Ouch, sorry to hear that. :x

Meh, I've grown to accept it. Either name is fine as they both refer to the same lovable mare.

yeah Ditzy topics are hard for me to just avoid because i don't rely like seeing people just go overboard and ignore reason or motives to justify the change, or when bronies say that derpy belongs to them and the change was an attack on there free speach (which i always respond with sue for copy right or royalties if you rely believe derpy belongs to bronies)

also about you comment about Ed, he wasn't mentally challenged just dumb with a short attention span for learning anything other then movies (he is pretty much the cartoon embodiment of a gamer), just as Cheese from foster home was an imaginary friend so you don't think much of his mentally ability rather you should think of the creator.

• Brohoof 1

yeah Ditzy topics are hard for me to just avoid because i don't rely like seeing people just go overboard and ignore reason or motives to justify the change, or when bronies say that derpy belongs to them and the change was an attack on there free speach (which i always respond with sue for copy right or royalties if you rely believe derpy belongs to bronies)

also about you comment about Ed, he wasn't mentally challenged just dumb with a short attention span for learning anything other then movies (he is pretty much the cartoon embodiment of a gamer), just as Cheese from foster home was an imaginary friend so you don't think much of his mentally ability rather you should think of the creator.

I can understand that.

lol Sue Hasbro for their own intellectual property. :lol:

I'd love to see the out come for that.

Oh, is he now? I would have never guessed. He just seems sort of slow with how he acts all day. And I am now saddened if he is actually the embodiment of a gamer. I don't act like that! I feel the need to pout now. :lol:

I forgot about Cheese for a minute.

Eeh, well, lets get back on topic now.

Oh hey, look! We apparently got outvoted by "the majority of the fanbase"! Because one person equals a whole fanbase! :lol:

Oh, crap, on topic, yea.....ummmmm

No, not Ditzy at all. I made sure it wasn't her. In either scene.

Still couldn't find her in the Crystal Empire though.

I still have faith in the existence of Derpy. I mean, she's still featured on the train in the opening (complete with derp-eyes). I guess that sort of counts as being in every episode.

Though I will say that I was very disappointed that Derpy wasn't in the theatre with Dr. Whooves... After seeing that clip, I literally said, "Who the hell is with Dr. Whooves and why isn't it Derpy?!" I'm a big 'Dr. Whooves and Assistant' fan, so sadness ensued.

• Brohoof 1

Still couldn't find her in the Crystal Empire though.

I couldn't either, and then somepony pointed out that she is wayyyyyyyyy in the bottom right hand corner right at the start of the jousting scene, with her back turned to the camera. Trust me, I think about 95% of bronies still haven't spotted her in that scene. I tell ya, those guys at Studio B are getting really bucking sneaky with their Derpy cameos! :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Heh, sorry about that. Posted Image

I thought it was an unspoken rule as well.

I couldn't either, and then somepony pointed out that she is wayyyyyyyyy in the bottom right hand corner right at the start of the jousting scene, with her back turned to the camera. Trust me, I think about 95% of bronies still haven't spotted her in that scene. I tell ya, those guys at Studio B are getting really bucking sneaky with their Derpy cameos! :lol:

Pffft, I searched all over! there is no way she could be there!

I now have to go rewatch that episode just to look again.

• Brohoof 1

Posted Image

How could hasbro not include derpy yet? It makes me mad that they are keeping her out of season 3 and why do I get the feel that it's because some stupid people find her offensive?

she is the wheres waldos of mlp look harder she is in each episode (still looking in the newest episode tho)

and only the name was found offensive to people who have lazy eyes

edit she isn't in the newest Episode iv'e double checked she has been in the other 3 tho so Ditzy fans quit raging

anywayz this episode had Doc Hoove in a pear costume and a call back to ponyville confidential so i'll be happy with that along with a good episode ( now i just have to comfort my OC now Cloudkicker was on a date with Doc Hooves )

Edited by PonyEcho

Fun Fact Headcanon: Derpy and Ditzy are two seperate ponies who may be directly or distantly related. Explains why their appearances are so confusing: Derpy and Ditzy have repeat cutie marks and exact matching style. So yes, half the Derpy appearances may not have been Derpy herself at all! :unsure:

Regardless, Derpy's hiding better. Check the opposing corners from other popular background ponies. Maybe she was hiding behind Babs in the theatre room or near the doors?

Well, if anything, I think that I've found why Dr. Whooves isn't with Derpy in the theatre. The evidence is within this photo:

Posted Image

Here, we see the Doctor dressed as a pear. The Doctor would never dress up as a pear, and therefore, this is obviously an impostor throughout this episode. All credit to this finding goes to the wonderful people that provided the episode followup on Equestria Daily.

EDIT: Derpy's disappearance likely has to do with the impostor Doctor as well.

Edited by antismurf9001
  • Brohoof 4

actually, i paused in both scenes and its actually a different pony with a purple body and yellow mane.so that would mean that its not derpy.

Here's a theory for you: what if this similar pony is meant to be Ditzy Doo? I know it's not Derpy because the details don't match, maybe they're trying to create someone to be Ditzy? After all, the name Ditzy Doo was used in Winter Wrap Up, where there's a name there's a pony to wear it.

Food for thought...

• Brohoof 1

Exactly! Derpy contacted her sister/relative/bodyguard/clone/friend/ally/decoy Ditzy to come along with Dr. Whooves' impersonator while they hide out! Dr. Whooves' decoy was wearing a pear hat as a subtle hint to their allies in the crowd that Derpy and Dr. Whooves are not currently there, while not alerting their enemies that the real Derpy and Whooves are out of the area entirely.

Unless the Doctor is in a squash costume for the produce parade, and it's only Derpy who is out of the area entirely and hiding or fighting ninjas.

Hasbro needs to make some media for this. Come on, I want an explanation as to where Derpy's hiding.

And in the leaked possible Season 3 introduction with lyrics, Derpy doesn't make an appearance that is obvious.

Perhaps they'll hold a fanfic contest using various background ponies as characters to explain Derpy's random disappearances and episodes where she has vanished entirely, perhaps with a frantic pony in the background looking for her?

Or perhaps it's Derpy's off-season (All even numbers are seasons where she's present as much as possible, all odd numbered seasons don't have all-episode appearances), and she'll be back in Season 4 in every single episode. Perhaps an obscure numerical sign of episodes with Derpy appearances reveals a pattern and a secret code?