Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Long Did It Take You To Get Your Forum Rank?

ShyForever

Got my 1,000th post on the 6th of May. That's about four months and a week; though I do post because I want to post, not to crank up my post count. I'll still acknowledge a change in rank, it does feel progressive n.n

It's a lot more than the amount I post in other forums, and especially considering that I write a whole deal more on this forum than I do others, it shows how much interest and discussion opportunity this place holds :)

(edited)

it took me an hour and a half to get to muffin, then 3 days to cupcake. I haven't really posted too many more comments that count towards my post count, because I've been playing in the forum games ever since.

EDIT: it took me about 10 days to get to Papasprite. Not good.

Edited by Sinister Lemonz

I've been here for a year, but I didn't roleplay much when it counted. Actually, I had jus gotten into roleplaying when the rule was made that RP posts didn't count, and I was outraged. Twice as many characters needed than usual, and it doesn't count towards your total post count? I didn't find this fair at all. I've come to peace about it now, though. I've been more of a lurker since.

• Brohoof 1

I joined a year and a few months ago, and it's taken that long to become a Unicorn. Recently, I've been lurking alot more and only utilizing Everfree for music and gaming discussions and forum games. Badges don't matter, and I'm fine where I am. They just create a superiority complex for those who have high ones.

I bumped this thread by accident and now it has come back to life. :)

Have a chart with my ranks:

Blank Flank: Zero seconds

Muffin: A hour

Cupcake: A week

Parasprite: Two weeks

Butterfly: A month

Squirrel: A month and two days

Bunny: Two months

Bird: Two months, two weeks

• Brohoof 1

I got to Butterfly after only a few weeks, then got Squirrel soon after. And now I'm at Bunny, and I'e only been on this forum for just over a month. XD

I only got that rank so quick by always posting in Welcome Threads, though. :P

Yes. it took a LONG time for that last rank.  If anything here is a little slower now making the ranks harder to achieve.  Of course the higher ranks take longer than the lower ones regardless. 

I've been here since December, and I reached Parasprite status a couple of months ago. So, yeah, it took a while. And I come here everyday...my only conclusion is I post too much in Cloudsdale Colloseum.

To get to my current rank? About a year. And I think I'm going to get Brony status by the end of the weekend if I try hard.

Very, very hard. o-o

• Brohoof 1

Muffin: Nearly a year

Hm, not so bad considering that I really dislike almost all forums except for a select few that I feel comfortable to post in at least once a while.

Lucky me: I've been keeping track!

Became a Cupcake - 16 October 2012
Became a Parasprite - 12 November 2012
Became a Butterfly - 23 December 2012
Became a Squirrel - 18 January 2013
Became a Bunny (totally and utterly randomly...) - 29 January 2013
Became a Bird - 2 Feb 2013

Became a Phoenix - 7 May 2013

I joined on October 14. So About a month between each rank, except for Bird to Phoenix. I don't post all that often anymore unless I feel the need to. It'll take me a while longer to get to Pony.

• Brohoof 1

Not long. I recently ascended to Butterfly and if I continue posting as prolifically and I have in the past few weeks I should be a brony within the year.

Let's see... It's taken me until now to get here. I'm almost a bird, though. I rose pretty quickly, but started making less posts. I'm getting back into it, though.

I'm a really slow member. I've only been bunny status after a year of being on the forums. It's because of my science major. It's prevented me from posting so much. I mostly see this forum as a place to relax rather than a place to gain popularity by posting a crap load.

Well i'm a brony now and I joined in august, and I got brony in march according to the status update I made when I did, so then it took about 7 months.

It could take me quite a while to get certified though, even at the rate i'm going.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Wow, and I thought I was the only weirdo here who kept tabs on my "progress" in the forums.  I rarely pay any attention to the rank, I just jot down my post count.  Anyway, I joined near the end of October and here is how I've done since I started keeping track:

500 posts - Feb. 21

600 posts - Mar. 7 (bird)

700 posts - Mar. 28

800 posts - Apr. 21 (phoenix)

So it took me roughly six months to become a Phoenix for anybody who wants to know.  :)

Edited by Wingnut

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Well I haven’t been thinking to much about it, but  looked it up: and apparently 200 is the minimum to get the Butterfly rank and I’ve been here since the 30th August 2012, so almost a year.

I'm going up the ranks quite slowly probably: but to me rank isn’t the most important thing. It’s a nice pat on the back kinda thing and I do appreciate getting to the ‘next level’ so to speak. But I didn’t join MLP forums for ranks and that kind of thing, I came here to have fun participating on some good topics and meet people and all that good stuff

Edited by Asherdangerdash

I think I gained my first 200-300 posts in my first week, now I barely post, so it's taken me a long long time to get here.

I've been a member a little longer than Zygen, yet he is briny rank and I'm not even pony yet :/