Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pop-tarts

Master Blade the Bearded

I love the cookie dough poptarts and the brown sugar poptarts!!  I used to have the cookie dough ones frozen but they must've changed the recipe or something because the newer ones don't freeze as well?  I haven't seen cookie dough poptarts sold around me for a few years, mostly the chocolate fudge, strawberry and smores ones are sold around me these days.  Ah well, maybe I'm better off without it but now I want a bag :Cozy:

• Brohoof 1

I like chocolate fudge Pop Tarts. They have a lot of different varieties and I’ve tried most of them, but the chocolate ones are by far my favorites; and my go-to for a quick breakfast.

• Brohoof 2

love Pop-Tarts! I eat them toasted, room temperature, or chilled (the latter depends on the flavor).

My favorite flavors:

• Cherry
  • Blueberry
  • Wild berry
  • Strawberry
  • S’more
  • Brown sugar cinnamon
  • Cinnamon roll
  • Chocolate chip
  • Chocolate chip cookie dough
  • Chocolate fudge
  • Cookies & creme
  • Hot fudge sundae
  • Red, white, and berry
  • Brohoof 2

I used to like them. Can't eat them now because they all have gelatin, which is basically the marrow of animal bones they use to give things a gooeyness, like marshmallows and jello. 

I used to eat them as a kid but I don't eat them anymore since they're not very good for you - way too much sugar and a lot of artificial ingredients. That said I have had other brands of toaster pastries, like the Nature's Path brand, though usually those are still quite sugary as well :sealed:. I like both fruity and chocolatey flavors!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

Pop-Tarts seem to be more of an American thing, but I have actually seen them at the store. Maybe I'll try it out. :fluttershy:

I haven't had Pop-Tarts in a while! My favorite used to be the cookies and cream ones but I can't seem to find them anymore. Other than that I like brown sugar and frosted chocolate chip kitty.png.6bb503e5a255fd7f1d0519a5b8bb83e0.png

• 3 weeks later...

I did manage to try them out since my last post. I tried the chocolate fudge flavour and I actually liked it quite a lot.  :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last year I had the chance to try one of those for the first time in my life. 

It was okay, but for my taste way too sweet to be honest.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I adored eating them raw when I was a child; I still do once in a while... much to my parents' chagrin.

I have heard one too many tirades about how much better they are toasted, but I am a firm believer that they are perfectly edible raw. :D

I've managed to try a few more variations. I've had the chocolate fudge, cookies & cream and cherry flavours. My ranking so far is.

1. Cherry
  2. Cookies & Cream
  3. Chocolate Fudge

I have heard that a lot of people prefer the fruit flavours, so I'll probably look into trying more of those.

On 2023-08-17 at 4:28 PM, The Recherche said:

I adored eating them raw when I was a child; I still do once in a while... much to my parents' chagrin.

I have heard one too many tirades about how much better they are toasted, but I am a firm believer that they are perfectly edible raw. :D

How dare you! I'm going to send you a ten page essay on why toasted Pop Tarts are better. :p

12 minutes ago, Cash In said:

How dare you! I'm going to send you a ten page essay on why toasted Pop Tarts are better. :p

Oh hush, strawberry mammal lactation enjoyer. Next thing you are going to assert is that the heel of a loaf of bread ISN'T the best part. Simply absurd! :D

Spoiler

Actual on-topic portion: I recently tried the snickerdoodle Pop-Tarts as well. I cannot recommend them at all. :please: Imagine everything you love about a snickerdoodle cookie and a Pop-Tart, then imagine them lovingly smashed to pieces and being thrown into a dumpster. This simply must count as a crime against humanity!

I used to love Pop-tarts and eat them all the time, but they kind of lost their appeal on me. My favorites back in the day were the blueberry ones and the s'more ones. Nowadays, I'm a bigger fan of Toaster Strudels. 

Used to eat these a lot when I was younger but since cutting down my sugar intake I haven't eaten these in a while. I recall chocolate chip, fudge sundae and cookie dough were some of my favorites, and I always wanted to try the peanut butter/chocolate flavor