Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fandoms you're in?

Silver Bells

i'm only in two major fandoms, i guess. i'm in the my little pony fandom (obviously) and the homestuck fandom (obviously). i'm waaaaaay more into homestuck though, and is basically my main fandom, so yeah.i'm also kind of in the pokemon fandom, though it's a minor one, and i was a massive warriors cats fan, i joined a forum of it and stuff. and also i was in the adventure time one too, i forgot to add that.

Edited by Artemis
  • Brohoof 3

I'm a member of far too many fandoms! haha

Obviously a member of the Brony fandom. Though I also take part in the Whovian fandom, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Mother/Earthbound, Furry, and am slowly getting into the Homestuck fandom.

I just like a lot of things and just love the fellow fans of the internet who also love them too!

Fandoms I'm actually active in are this one (of course) and the Firefly/Serenity fandom. They're the only ones that have actually connected to me enough to make me want to get involved in them.

Edited by Fridge
  • Brohoof 1

Obviously I am into the My Little Pony fandom. xD I am also into Pokemon as well, so may as well consider that as a fandom as well. I'm also a sports junkie so I am also part of NASCAR and NFL too :D

MLP: FiM (duh), Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter.

I only recently got into the Harry Potter fandom. I had never read the books or seen the movies. I was bored, saw the first book at my library, and checked it out. Basically, it's the best book series I've ever read. (I haven't read any of the Lord of the Rings books yet, I'll go after those once I finish the Harry Potter series.) It got me back into reading. Before this, I hadn't read a book in years.

I've only seen the Lord of the Rings movies, but I'll be reading the books soon. I also play Lord of the Rings Online. That's my favorite game of all time right now. (Name's Hyliansche. I'm on Windfola. I tend to hang around Bree a lot. Come and meet me in the game. I'M LONELYYYYYYYY)

You already know all about the Brony fandom, so I don't need to tell you anything about that.

• Brohoof 1

Let's see...

MLP

Firefly

Golden Sun

Castlevania

Magic: the Gathering

Marble Hornets

Anonymous (if it counts. I don't think it does, but whatever)

I think that's everything...

• Brohoof 2

Let's see...

MLP

Firefly

Golden Sun

Castlevania

Magic: the Gathering

Marble Hornets

Anonymous (if it counts. I don't think it does, but whatever)

I think that's everything...

Wait does Magic count as a fandom? I just play the game I had no idea there was a fandom of it, I'll have to add that on my list too then.

Star Trek is the only one I can think of. Got into that when I was little more than two years-old. Some of my earliest memories are of watching TNG as it aired and reruns of TOS, and they're very fond memories. Twenty-two years later and I'm still just as into it and have an almost encyclopedic knowledge of all things Star Trek. My knowledge of MLP is just as extensive, though there's much less to know in regards to this show.

There isn't really a dedicated fandom" that I know of, but I'm a huge fan of Drizzt and the Forgotten Realms at large. You could throw me into the D&D fanbase for that, I reckon. Seems too broad a category though.

The only fandom that I'm active in at the moment would be the brony-fandom. And recently I've started paying some more attention to the Doctor Who (Whovians) fandom, which I kinda got into through MLP:FiM...

But a few years back (I didn't know what a fandom was at the time, since it hadn't been mentioned once to me) I was REALLY into Animal Crossing, and signed up on a couple of forums... And I guess Pokémon, which I'm still kind of paying attention to, but not as much as I used to.

Edited by Zhooves

Wait does Magic count as a fandom? I just play the game I had no idea there was a fandom of it, I'll have to add that on my list too then.

Eh, I discuss it online a lot, and keep track of the story. So I guess it might not really be a fandom, but I'm more into it than most people :/

Well I don't really see the need to label myself as being in a fandom just because I am a fan of something and maybe make a few posts on a forum or something, I guess for me there would have to be actual participation by going to cons or some other gatherings. Only thing I've actually done that for is IFSJA (International Full Size Jeep Association), but if I had the chance I would probably go to more. Problem is nothing is ever close to me and on my meager income I can't afford to drive my 40yr old gas guzzler to distant events. Plus for most of the stuff I like, I can't stand the majority of the fanbase and don't want to be associated with such (Warcraft is a great example of this because of the horrible WoW players).

Anyways... I'm a fan of:

MLP:FiM

Dr. Who (current 11th Doctor annoys me though)

Star Trek (TNG, Voyager, TOS)

Firefly

Anthropomorphic

Transformers

Metroid

Futurama

Batman

Disney (most things, Lion King and Stitch being at the top)

Warcraft

Star Wars

My Little Pony (Obviously :P)

Green Lantern: The animated series (Fanterns, unite?)

Doctor Who (does this mean I'm also a Whovian?)

Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra. (Avatard, huh? Okay seriously, why does every fandom need a name?)

Tron (Tron, Tron:Legacy, Tron: Uprising... I do love Tron)

Adventure time

Gravy Falls

Dune

I'm a fan of loads of things, but I guess these are the ones with major fandoms and cult followings. I also used to play a lot of Tabletop RPG games, especially Dungeons & Dragons and Mutants & Masterminds. I also used to be big on Warhammer 40k, but I haven't played any of them in a very long time.

• Brohoof 2

I used to be much more involved in all my fandoms, but I guess I'm still a part of them. I'm in the fandoms of:

MLP

Dr. Who

Naruto (I used to write Naruto fanfics)

Star Wars

Star Trek

Harry Potter

The Punisher

Anime in general

The Dresden Files

When They Cry (Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni)

Final Fantasy

Probably a lot more that I'm forgetting.

Edited by MelancholicMemory

I don't normally get into fandoms, but when I do I prefer FiM and Homestuck.  And occasionally Avatar (the series', not the movie).

Exactly 100 characters FTW!

Edited by Pony Joe

Basically the brony fandom (to a limited extent - I'm more of a wallflower) and to an even more limited extent the furry fandom.

Partly, I'd guess that's because I'm spread so thin across the internet - I'm basically everywhere but 4chan (and that's only because I hate the visual layout of the chans.

I've been a very long time fan of both Sonic the Hedgehog fandom and Warhammer 40K. Obviously I'm a Brony too (otherwise I wouldnt be here) and a few others are Futurama and Calvin and Hobbes.

I've just recently begun to integrate into the fandom of Hellblazer. John Constantine is a bad-ass.

I consider being part of a 'fandom' more than just enjoying whatever it is you're a fan of. I'm a big fan of Halo, but I don't consider myself part of the fandom. I don't partake in any Halo forums, don't read any of the novels/fanfictions, own any Halo merch etc. That's what I consider being part of a fandom is more than just casually enjoying the object of the fandom. Ayone else understand what I mean?

• Brohoof 1

How does one enter a fandom?

I like a lot of things that have large fandoms ie. Doctor Who, LOTR, Anime, Batman, Star Trek, Sims. 

These things I more or less fanatic over in my own personal space.

I am however part of mlp and pokemon online communities. 

Are you in a fandom when you take part in the community aspect? 

If so then my answer is Pokemon and MLP.

If you just have to avidly like it, then I'm part of tons.

~

Edited by Shankveld
  • Brohoof 1

Besides this i mean I have always liked the old sonic games and stuff. I have been enjoying watching anime and most of the time my friend will reccomend me a new anime to watch here and there. And in general I really really enjoy music as a whole. Pokemon games rock too :3

I could go on and on with all the things I enjoy!

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne

The only fandoms I care about right now are My Little Pony and Pokemon. There are lots of other things I like, but I don't really keep up with the community and stuff, so I don't really consider myself as part of the fandom.

Aside from the obvious being MLP I am also into Star Wars, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Avatar The Last Airbender and its sequel series, Batman, Sonic, Assassins Creed and a few others.

May not exactly be a contributing part of all of these fandoms, but some things I enjoy with pretty substantial fandoms are My Little Pony (obviously), Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, Animal Crossing,and Walking Dead.

The brony fandom is the only fandom I really interact/socialize with, used to be Pokemon but I got bored with the forum I was on after a while. I used to be pretty into the Super Smash Bros. fandom as well, speculating about the upcoming Wii U/3DS titles like crazy. I'm a huge Nintendo fan in general though, always have been and will be. I like lots of animated shows too like Adventure Time, Avatar/Korra, classic Spongebob, Regular Show, Futurama, and Invader ZIM and the animes Dragon Ball Z and Soul Eater, but I wouldn't consider myself a super-fan of any of them like I am with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. :huh:

Aside from MLP:FIM, I'm a huge fan of film director Wes Anderson (Rushmore, Fantastic Mr. Fox, The Royal Tenenbaums, among a few others), and as well as foreign art-house movies in general.

I dunno. Most of my commitments towards other fandoms seem to just come and go as they please. I'm also a fan of Monty Python's Flying Circus, The Ren and Stimpy Show, The Critic, The Twilight Zone (original series), Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, and Sonic the Hedgehog (mostly just the SatAM show and the comics), but it's been quite a while since I last watched even one full episode of either one of those shows I mentioned.

• Brohoof 1