Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fandoms you're in?

Silver Bells

By fandoms, is it the community that makes up the fandom, or just being a fan of something?

'Coz the only community I'm really involved in is MLP

That's kind of what I had in mind before posting my own response, but I for some reason didn't think of including that thought in my answer. Sure I'm a hard fan of several types of movies, film directors, and a few other TV shows, but MLP:FIM has by far the only fanbase where I've gotten deeply and very socially involved with.

Well if drawing art and writing Fan Fics are enough to qualify as being part of the fandom instead of just a fan of the show then that would put me as a Brony (Obviusly) and an Avatard. 

Of those fandoms this is the first forum i'v joined for either of them.

• 4 weeks later...

What other fandoms are you in? Or what other things do you like can be music, video games, anime, other television shows etc.

Are you obsessed with your other fandoms?

Do you express being in these fandoms? If so how?

Just curious....  :)

EDIT: You can also talk about the stuff you like also, music, sports etc

Edited by PonyPowaX1000

I am addicted to The Walking Dead as well.  I've gotten about ten other people hooked on it and I collect the Season 2 trading cards.

I LOVE Living Dead Dolls.  I currently have about 16 of them and I've been collecting for about a year.  My collection is steadily growing and I hope to obtain Maggot eventually.

I'm a VERY avid reader and anyone can add me on goodreads as Alley Kat.  I currently have around 30 books checked out from my library and I'm mostly into fantasy and horror.

I'm a big fan of the Warriors series and I was luck enough to meet Victoria Holmes in April for my 13th birthday and get tons of books signed and a possible mentioning of my cat's Warriors name, Runningsky, in future books.

I'm also a huge fan of Heavy Metal and Rock n' Roll.  I've seen Alice Cooper three times, Kiss once, Tesla 3 times, Judas Priest on their Epitaph tour with Black Label Society, Iron Maiden with Alice Cooper opening up, Avenged Sevenfold with Sevendust opening, Rob Zombie with Alice Cooper during the Halloween Hootenanny Tour, Queensryche before the split up (worst show ever), Lacuna COil twice doing small sets a Borders when it was still around up in Chicago, and I'm seeing Sevendust and Lacuna Coil in February.  At the Iron Maiden show they took pictures of the crowd and I was in General Admission so my parents and I got up to the front.  During Iron Maiden these two really nice British dude let me between them because it was a rough crowd.  They took a picture for their online Tag Yourself thing on Facebook and we made it on there.

Edited by Psych Ward
  • Brohoof 1

Well I'm a big fan of Halo and Mass Effect. 

I'm also an Anthro fan/artist and I love Alice In Wonderland. American Mcgee's Alice has to be my favorite version of Alice In Wonerland.

Does being a fan of a music band count as a fandom? I am a big fan of Breaking Benjamin. 

• Brohoof 1

Other than MLP at the moment just Star Trek but that's starting to dwindle because i don't like the movies or games that are comming out. I've always loved Star Wars. I am trying to get into Assassin's Creed and Doctor Who but i just don't get the plots yet.

• Brohoof 1

WHOOOOOOOOOOOVIANNNNNNNNNNN

Yeah, Doctor Who at the moment. I used to be into Lost until it ended.

Do sports count in this topic? Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Pistons, Detroit Tigers, Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 2

Just recently, No More Heroes, but I'm also pretty big on the Megaman, Megas XLR, Metal Gear, Nintendo, and Final Fantasy Fandoms, and to a far lesser extent, WWF/WWE.

I used to be part of the Dragonball fandom, but I left due all of the fighting. So many Dub vs Sub Wars. Original Vs Kai. Elitist pricks of the original Dragon Ball. Kai fans acting like snobs. Lets not even begin to go into the Funi Vs Ocean wars.

I think I've said to much. I'm not one to talk down on fanbases, but I had to get that off my chest

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

Besides MLP, I'm not "officially" in any other fandom (meaning I haven't joined any forums, other websites etc. etc.) But I consider myself a bit of a furry . I also like a lot of anime series like Fullmetal Alchemist and Dragonball (just a few of my favourites). Doctor Who is also a big thing for me. From games I consider myself a fan of I could mention Assassin's Creed, Half-Life and Portal. I'm nowhere near as obsessed about any of these as I am of MLP.

• Brohoof 1

Most of my interests are in my profile descrip but overall... Totally Spies which happens to have a new Season and so far MLP was its replacement cause the former ended years ago and was starting to get forgotten. Now both shows available together, totally cool! 

This from the shows that really are with female chars and overall have similarities.

Contrary to the well known sci fi, I am a V ... I wouldn't call myself a fan but I like it, to differ from all who are fan sof the overcommercialized Star Trek, Star Wars, Star Gate etc.

Edited by ImtR
  • Brohoof 1

Pokemon, Portal, Pokemon, Sonic the Hedgehog, Kirby, any good Anime that is out there. And Super Smash Bros Brawl, if that counts.

• Brohoof 1

The other only fandom i feel into and spend my efforts in other than MLP is The Fighting Game Community HYPE!!!. It has gave me amazing friends and memories even helped me traveling around the world, I hope I can find more bronies around my area to create something similar here

• Brohoof 1

For quite a long time I was on Minecraft fan sites almost 24/7. I still play Minecraft but don't visit the sites nearly as much. No, ponies are now my favourite fandom. :D

It's hard to describe an inclusion in "fandoms" because only a few things have such giant fan bases, Minecraft and My Little Pony being a couple. For instance, my all-time favourite game is Paper Mario 2 but the fan base for that isn't nearly as prominent.

• Brohoof 2

For quite a long time I was on Minecraft fan sites almost 24/7. I still play Minecraft but don't visit the sites nearly as much. No, ponies are now my favourite fandom. :D

It's hard to describe an inclusion in "fandoms" because only a few things have such giant fan bases, Minecraft and My Little Pony being a couple. For instance, my all-time favourite game is Paper Mario 2 but the fan base for that isn't nearly as prominent.

The fact that you like Paper Mario makes you awesome in my book. I have the original Paper Mario on my Wii and play it often. As a matter of fact I'm a big Nintendo fan and love most Super Mario related games. 

Edited by Mighty E.
  • Brohoof 1

Other than MLP, I like YouTubers, my favourite YouTubers are danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil. 

I also like Rock music, I have seen You Me At Six live and met the lead vocalist and I am due to see Green Day, Sleeping With Sirens and All Time Low in the new year. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm a fan of a lot of other works, but nothing I'm really a part of a "fandom."

Really, there's only been one other fandom that I've been in on the same level that I am with MLP:FiM, and that was James Cameron's Avatar. I see a lot of parallels between that fandom and us - the emotional connection to it's universe, trying to live by the morals it teaches us, and the fandom being almost like a family.

I actually rode that fandom through during it's whole life. I got in on New Years Day 2010 and was extremely active in the community until the fandom for the most part died off earlier this year. Things still go, slowly, but it's a shell of what it used to be. We hope that the sequel will breath new life into it. I can only hope.

Part of the reason I probably didn't become a brony sooner was because my 2011 and first-half of 2012 was dedicated to Avatar so much.

Edited by StratoPegasus

This one's actually pretty difficult to answer but what comes off the top of my head right away is The Walking Dead, Homestuck and Dr. Who, Adventure Time... <3 And way too many video games to really list/mention lol

im acttuly in alot of fandoms other than my favourite fandom ( this one :wub:  )

(here i go)

d&d

star wars

Pokemon

Minecraft

Lord of the rings

final fantasy

magic:the gathering

Edited by lightning strike

Let see. I'm a big fan of doctor who, minecraft and I spend most my time reading fan fics and listening to music. and thats pretty much it for me I' not really into sports or anything like that

Edited by Mellow

What other fandoms are you in? Or what other things do you like can be music, video games, anime, other television shows etc.

Are you obsessed with your other fandoms?

Do you express being in these fandoms? If so how?

Just curious....  :)

EDIT: You can also talk about the stuff you like also, music, sports etc

Your topic, 'What other fandoms are you in?" has been merged with 'Fandoms you're in?' as they both discuss what fandoms you're apart of.