Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fandoms you're in?

Silver Bells

I am majorly into the homestuck fandom, and I cosplay it a lot (as in my only three cosplay meet-ups were homestuck xD), I also am in the Brony fandom. Homestuck and MLP are tied for my main fandom, but I am also in the furry (peacock/dragon fursona ftw) Pokemon (in fact I'm working on an Umbreon cosplay) Death Note, and Soul eater fandoms, though not quite as heavily. So... yeah :3

Not particularly in any communities besides general gaming and MLP but I am an avid fanboy of Sonic the Hedgehog, Kingdom Hearts, RPGs in general, Wild Arms........

I actually have some Sonic figurines and wanna get Wild Arms ones too.

Edited by Discordian

On a major level: MLP, One Piece, A Song of Ice and Fire, Harry Potter and Tennis (I don't know if it counts as a fandom, but we go on forums, have stupid and pointless debates and have fun so it might as well be)

Peripherally: Warrior Cats, Fairy Tail, Naruto, Percy Jackson, Lost

• Brohoof 2

Well, MLP:FiM, of course :P. I'd also say I'm in the Call of Duty fandom. I love the games, even though they give me mini-aneurysms sometimes :P. Plus, I'm heavily interested in all that goes on in it; commentators, game info, competetions, etc.

Well the only online community I have ever been a part of is this one, so I guess this is the only fandom I'm in. I like other things besides MLP of course, but I don't participate in the community or anything.

I'm in quite a few.

I'm in the My Little Pony fandom (of course).

I'm in the Halo fandom (I have a whole room in my house filled with Halo merchandise)

I'm in the Timesplitters fandom. (There isn't much left to this fandom nowadays though)

I'm in quite a few other fandoms I've created content for but I can't recall all of them.

The biggest fandom I have is MLP. But another fandom I have is the Legend Of Zelda fandom . It's said not to be a fandom, but I believe it is, it's also been a big part of my life as a child and even today.

Well let's see here...:

-MLP: FIM

-Furry Fandom

-Whovian

-Anime fan (I guess that counts)

-Guardians of Ga'Hoole fandom, Owls, Owls everywhere

-Steampunk Fandom

I've never been a part of any fandom before and it would also bug me seeing the groups of people chatting about their fandoms on other forums and websites. ;-;

Well, now I do have one to talk about elsewhere! :D

Edit: Wait, I guess you could call my love for the Fallout series  fandom..

Edited by Vengeance

i'm only in two major fandoms, i guess. i'm in the my little pony fandom (obviously) and the homestuck fandom (obviously). i'm waaaaaay more into homestuck though, and is basically my main fandom, so yeah.

i'm also kind of in the pokemon fandom, though it's a minor one, and i was a massive warriors cats fan, i joined a forum of it and stuff. and also i was in the adventure time one too, i forgot to add that.

My Little Pony

Plush Videos

The Slender Verse

Adventure Time

Super Mario

Anonymous

Creepypasta

So Yeah, I think that's all.

Well, what really signed me on as a full member of the Internet (and as a fanfiction writer) was that '07-'08 Nickelodeon show, El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera. Yep, not really into it anymore...at all... But I did write some funny fanfics for it, and I enjoyed my life so much when I was into it.

And then I got into anime. Ever since ponies, I haven't really watched as much anime, but if I had to choose a couple that I was really into, it would probably be...hmm...Strawberry Panic! and Elfen Lied (yuri and gore; can you say "fanboy"?) Not particularly long series, but satisfactory for me nonetheless.

As you can tell, I'm not really into big, majorly established fandoms (I like it that way). Except My Little Pony, of course. This seems to be my current and only fandom, has been since January of 2012, and it's definitely a big one. I think the reason I've stuck with it for so long is because I'm older now, the show is still going, the fanbase is still growing, and the premise of it all is just so...interesting. Plus, I've met real people in real life who enjoy it as well, and, you know, that helps a lot.

Here are some...I guess you could say "minor" fandom-ish interests of mine:

• Star Wars - I like the movies and Chewbacca/Wookiees are somewhat idols in my life
  • Green Day - I don't know if music can be considered a fandom, but as my favorite band, they made two of my favorite albums, American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown, the latter of which I plan on writing an entire story around
  • Warriors - This was my main book series since 4th grade, and the longest continuing series I've read. I stopped after Omen of the Stars: Sign of the Moon, and I want to get back into reading it, but it will be so discombobulating to do so @_@
  • Naruto - Followed it valiantly with my brother back when it originally broadcasted on Toonami, when I was younger. Fell behind, didn't see some of the movies, lost track, lost interest, and haven't attempted to rewatch (have you seen how f***ing long that series and Shippuden are?!)
  • Fallout - I've only played Fallout 3, but I have been playing it for so long, and I still am not finished with it because I really take my time in that game, that it has to be one of the most satisfying video games I have ever played. I also have read Fallout: Equestria (haven't finished it, NO SPOILERS), and that is probably the most satisfying fanfiction...anything I have ever read. Plus, my friend and I talk about it and New Vegas a lot, and I have the honor of being a character in the NV fanfiction story he is writing. Lucky me ^_^
  • Halo/Red vs. Blue - Loved Halo ever since my brother and I got our Xbox 360 and Halo 3 back in Christmas 2007. I watched the Red vs. Blue series when I was younger, and very very recently--we're talking within the past few days here--I rewatched more of the series. It really is a funny and ingenious show. Caboose, Grif, and Lopez are my favorites.
Edited by Jack Durango
  • Brohoof 2

Well, what really signed me on as a full member of the Internet (and as a fanfiction writer) was that '07-'08 Nickelodeon show, El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera. Yep, not really into it anymore...at all... But I did write some funny fanfics for it, and I enjoyed my life so much when I was into it.

And then I got into anime. Ever since ponies, I haven't really watched as much anime, but if I had to choose a couple that I was really into, it would probably be...hmm...Strawberry Panic! and Elfen Lied (yuri and gore; can you say "fanboy"?) Not particularly long series, but satisfactory for me nonetheless.

As you can tell, I'm not really into big, majorly established fandoms (I like it that way). Except My Little Pony, of course. This seems to be my current and only fandom, has been since January of 2012, and it's definitely a big one. I think the reason I've stuck with it for so long is because I'm older now, the show is still going, the fanbase is still growing, and the premise of it all is just so...interesting. Plus, I've met real people in real life who enjoy it as well, and, you know, that helps a lot.

Here are some...I guess you could say "minor" fandom-ish interests of mine:

• Star Wars - I like the movies and Chewbacca/Wookiees are somewhat idols in my life
  • Green Day - I don't know if music can be considered a fandom, but as my favorite band, they made two of my favorite albums, American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown, the latter of which I plan on writing an entire story around
  • Warriors - This was my main book series since 4th grade, and the longest continuing series I've read. I stopped after Omen of the Stars: Sign of the Moon, and I want to get back into reading it, but it will be so discombobulating to do so @_@
  • Naruto - Followed it valiantly with my brother back when it originally broadcasted on Toonami, when I was younger. Fell behind, didn't see some of the movies, lost track, lost interest, and haven't attempted to rewatch (have you seen how f***ing long that series and Shippuden are?!)

That's awesome dude, I remember El Tigre, and I as well was a big fan of the show. But not anymore. It sucks they cancelled it :/ but oh well.

That's awesome dude, I remember El Tigre, and I as well was a big fan of the show. But not anymore. It sucks they cancelled it :/ but oh well.

Oh, sweet! Did you ever read/write fanfiction for it? My fanfiction account is figgitywookie6; I wrote the mature "Looks Good In Black" fanfics. I also wrote a bunch of others that I took down rather quickly because they were very short, embarrassingly crappy romance fics :blush:

Oh, sweet! Did you ever read/write fanfiction for it? My fanfiction account is figgitywookie6; I wrote the mature "Looks Good In Black" fanfics. I also wrote a bunch of others that I took down rather quickly because they were very short, embarrassingly crappy romance fics :blush:

Nah, I didn't. But I will sneak-a-peak at 'em. I don't think I even knew what a fanfiction was until this year XD, I'm still being introduced to the internet :P

Inexperienced brony question: Can somepony please give me the definition of a fandom? Is it just being a fan of something, or do you have to join a forum, or what? If it is that, I'd say I was (not am) in a Mario fandom. I joined this forum called Runouw.com but I left it because it was too "internetty" for me. It was there, though, where I saw my first FIM related thing. It was Rainbow Dash, and it was in someone's signature. I thought it was stupid manely because I didnt know what it was, but at the same time I felt oddly attracted to it. I forgot about that for a while, until I discovered it again, and now I am in this fandom!

P.S. I still love Mario. He's the best. but if a fandom is what I think it is, then I'm not in a Mario Fandom.

I totally love Supernatural and its fandom. In a way, my fellow saltgunners (fans of the show Supernatural) are just like us bronies. Some of them just watch for the show, and others go deeper into the fandom, perhaps even deep as to concern their own sexuality. I think we have a "con" as well.

Oh no, I have lost track of my fandom list. I guess I should try to remake it.

In no particular order:

MLP

Starwars

Harry Potter

Dresden Files

Adventure Time

Gravity Falls

Simpsons

Minecraft

Lord of the Rings

Magic the Gathering

Doctor Who

Song of Ice and Fire

Mass Effect

Various Manga (Naruto, Bleach, Berserk, and probably 5 more)

Various other book series

I apparently have a tendency to get addicted to things .... Maybe I have a problem?

Edited by Cowl

Inexperienced brony question: Can somepony please give me the definition of a fandom? Is it just being a fan of something, or do you have to join a forum, or what? If it is that, I'd say I was (not am) in a Mario fandom. I joined this forum called Runouw.com but I left it because it was too "internetty" for me. It was there, though, where I saw my first FIM related thing. It was Rainbow Dash, and it was in someone's signature. I thought it was stupid manely because I didnt know what it was, but at the same time I felt oddly attracted to it. I forgot about that for a while, until I discovered it again, and now I am in this fandom! P.S. I still love Mario. He's the best. but if a fandom is what I think it is, then I'm not in a Mario Fandom.

1. Has the series or media of which you are a fan made a significant impact in your life?
  2. Is it a hobby or interest that instantly comes to mind and that you could/would actively talk about with others who share that interest?
  3. Do you have much merchandise or related media of the interest?
  4. Have you joined a forums site/written a fanfiction/created an art piece/done any other sort of fan labor work related to that media?
  5. Do you actively participate or engage in activity related to that media with other fans of that media?

If you said yes to any of these, you may consider yourself a part of the fandom.

For further reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fandom

Honestly, there isn't too much difference between being a fan and being part of the fandom. MLP Forums is a part of the MLP fandom, a group of geeks playing Dungeons and Dragons down in the basement is part of the D&D fandom. It varies.

Yes, another fan! I love that series and am actually in the middle of a special edition right now. You won't regret getting back into it.

Anyways, my main fandoms are:

• MLP
  • Warriors
  • Star Trek(VOY,TOS,TNG,DS9)
  • Doctor Who(new)

Most active in the Star Trek fandom I think.

Well I'm a brony obviously, but I'm also part of the metal community. I listen to lots of Death, Black, Thrash, Progressive, etc. metal.

I used to like Pokemon a lot but, I don't as much anymore.

Edited by Neighvana666
  • Brohoof 1