Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Everypony's Religion And Why?

Ezynell

What is your religion?  

65 users have voted

1. 1. What is your religion?

• Catholic
    • Orthodox
    • Protestant
    • Lutheran
    • Anglican
    • Methodist
    • Baptists
    • Unitarian/ Universalist
    • Christian (other, or general)
    • Islam
    • Hindu
    • Buddhist
    • Agnostic
    • Atheist
    • Satanist
    • Reform
    • Judaism (other, or general)
    • Equestreism (or don't care)
    • Electic Pagan (added at request)
    • Wicca (added at request)
    • Jehovah's Witness (added at request)
    • Spiritual (added at request)
    • Other (quote the OP and I'll try to add it ASAP)

I find a lot of 'internet savvy' people are atheist ~

Perhaps that is a logical assumption, but on the other side, this forum isn't populated by the true geeks as I see them in my normal daily life, so I don't expect that this group would be exactly like that. Different groups are a good thing.
  • Brohoof 1

As silly as it might think to vote for the last choice... As far as i can tell, its what i believe in most. Not neccisarily that the rulers are REAL, but i believe strongly in the magic of friendship, and that happiness and kindness are rules to live your life by!

• Brohoof 3

WHAT IF I BELIEVE IN THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER?

I demand that you add Pastafarians to your list!

Here's their main website: http://www.venganza.org/

Being a pastafarian should be renamed being a jerk, please don't tell me you're one. They're so disrespectful.

And I've been studying a lot of Buddhist beliefs, and I really, really like what they think. o3o

To add though, I've also felt a certain connection to Islam.

Edited by Fizzydoop

Being a pastafarian should be renamed being a jerk, please don't tell me you're one. They're so disrespectful.

I am not one, but I do have a friend who is and he's a pretty cool guy.

Isn't having Protestant, and Christian (other) a little redundant? :P

Its more there for people who would define themselves as generally non-specific Christians.

That's not very nice, while the "beliefs" are absurd I don't think they should be dismissed as jackassery. Even if the people can be jerks..

• Brohoof 1

I am not one, but I do have a friend who is and he's a pretty cool guy.

I actually read through the site and on the Hate-mail page, the creator actually denounces the religion as a way to lay back and take a chill look at life. It sounds more like a psychological state than an actual diety worshiping religion to me. Curious. How does he participate and interact in his religions community, and does he take it seriously?

But don't you have this? :P

Christian (other, or general)

What about non practicing Christians? Or literal/non-literal Christians?

That's not very nice, while the "beliefs" are absurd I don't think they should be dismissed as jackassery. Even if the people can be jerks..

I'm pretty sure it's just used to mock creationists, whether you believe in religion or not, you shouldn't mock it like that.

• Brohoof 2

I actually read through the site and on the Hate-mail page, the creator actually denounces the religion as a way to lay back and take a chill look at life. It sounds more like a psychological state than an actual diety worshiping religion to me. Curious. How does he participate and interact in his religions community, and does he take it seriously?

I have no idea nor will I ask him. The religion was made to combat a plan to teach Christianity in science class and it worked.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to side with Tich on this one. Nomatter how out of the ordinary someones beliefs may seem, it's more disrespectful to put them down then to actually believe in it. If this person is actually commited to his beliefs, and goes more into his religions and thoughts than just worshiping a pasta god, then I see no reason to put him down. You also shouldn't before you completely understand what and why he believes what he does.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to side with Tich on this one. Nomatter how out of the ordinary someones beliefs may seem, it's more disrespectful to put them down then to actually believe in it. If this person is actually commited to his beliefs, and goes more into his religions and thoughts than just worshiping a pasta god, then I see no reason to put him down. You also shouldn't before you completely understand what and why he believes what he does.

I may just be crazy, but every "Pastafarian" just uses their "religion" (and no it is not a religion, it is a parody of religion) to mock creationism. It isn't a religion, it's a belief but it does NOT fall on the spectrum of religion.

I have no idea nor will I ask him. The religion was made to combat a plan to teach Christianity in science class and it worked.

Not going to lie. When I first heard of Rick Perry trying to pass this bill in Texas I flipped out. Regardless of the religious beliefs, I agree with this as a combatent to teaching Christianity in science class. Creationism should be left out of our education system because it is simply unconstitutional.

I may just be crazy, but every "Pastafarian" just uses their "religion" (and no it is not a religion, it is a parody of religion) to mock creationism. It isn't a religion, it's a belief but it does NOT fall on the spectrum of religion.

Well, there you have it, it actually was a mock religion, but created for a respectable political cause. Although I see no reason to continue it foreward, I won't debate nor question its existance further.

I belive that all religions are false, yet they were all created to teach good life lessons about how to behave, good virtues, and how to be a good person. Religions and there text are like fiction story books to me. Sure the characters are not real, but it does have good lessons to take to heart. Belive in jesus or don't. If you think you reincarnate or not, I don't care as long as you belive in what you worship, in your values. Than I salute you for being the best person you can be. For whoever you belive in. I just don't belive in a god.

• Brohoof 5

I belive that all religions are false, yet they were all created to teach good life lessons about how to behave, good virtues, and how to be a good person. Religions and there text are like fiction story books to me. Sure the characters are not real, but it does have good lessons to take to heart. Belive in jesus or don't. If you think you reincarnate or not, I don't care as long as you belive in what you worship, in your values. Than I salute you for being the best person you can be. For whoever you belive in. I just don't belive in a god.

From wikipedia:

"Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist."

In other words an Atheist is someone who does not believe in any god. Which you said.

From wikipedia:

"Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist."

In other words an Atheist is someone who does not believe in any god. Which you said.

I'm not dening that you can label me as a Atheist, yet the lesson in these bibles, I fully support. I don't like the way Atheist present themselfs, like most Atheist I know hate life, wants everyone to die, or are santinest. I am the polar opposite of the sterotypical Atheist, so that is why i didn't use the term. Edited by Tomiix
  • Brohoof 2

Despite abstaining from any religious organizations, I respect your religious views, its your choice to believe in that stuff.

"Despite their tech savyness, education, and wealth, Americans go running to their gods at the first sight of zombies."

-Max Brooks, from the Zombie Survival Guide.

WHAT IF I BELIEVE IN THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER?

I demand that you add Pastafarians to your list!

Here's their main website: http://www.venganza.org/

^SOUTH PARKKK!!!!!! :D

I am personally an athiest but i don't hate on other religions or bash them or anything like that. If their beliefs is what makes them happy and makes them a better person than i am totally cool with that. Me personally i believe that you gotta try to be the best person you can be and things will eventually come your way.

• Brohoof 1