Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Everypony's Religion And Why?

Ezynell

What is your religion?  

65 users have voted

1. 1. What is your religion?

• Catholic
    • Orthodox
    • Protestant
    • Lutheran
    • Anglican
    • Methodist
    • Baptists
    • Unitarian/ Universalist
    • Christian (other, or general)
    • Islam
    • Hindu
    • Buddhist
    • Agnostic
    • Atheist
    • Satanist
    • Reform
    • Judaism (other, or general)
    • Equestreism (or don't care)
    • Electic Pagan (added at request)
    • Wicca (added at request)
    • Jehovah's Witness (added at request)
    • Spiritual (added at request)
    • Other (quote the OP and I'll try to add it ASAP)

I'm not dening that you can label me as a Atheist, yet the lesson in these bibles, I fully support. I don't like the way Atheist present themselfs, like most Atheist I know hate life, wants everyone to die, or are santinest. I am the polar opposite of the sterotypical Atheist, so that is why i didn't use the term.

Actully I do not know that much about everything an Atheist is,

I do not believe in any god or else so I didn't know what else I should call myself.

"Like most Atheist I know hate life, wants everyone to die, or are santinest" Um what?

I'm not that into this religion thing, actully I do not care what I or others are.

Actully I do not know that much about everything an Atheist is,

I do not believe in any god or else so I didn't know what else I should call myself.

"Like most Atheist I know hate life, wants everyone to die, or are santinest" Um what?

I'm not that into this religion thing, actully I do not care what I or others are.

I guess it is what I see localy, some kid was arrested the other day for drawing alchemy circles in blood. Now the local Methodist church is handing out mini-bibles outside of our school every day.
  • Brohoof 2

I'm not dening that you can label me as a Atheist, yet the lesson in these bibles, I fully support. I don't like the way Atheist present themselfs, like most Atheist I know hate life, wants everyone to die, or are santinest. I am the polar opposite of the sterotypical Atheist, so that is why i didn't use the term.

Wow... My atheist friends are really cool. They aren't any of that! They're all perfectly normal people (well, honestly, cooler than some of my Christian friends.) who don't believe anything crazy like that.

The majority of atheists are not like that. You shouldn't be worried about being associated with people like that. Atheism solely means you don't believe in a higher power. Nothing more.

• Brohoof 2

I'm Atheist (everyone knows me as it too) and I love life, support the life of everyone else, and spend most my time chilling with my christian friends and fully support what they believe. The more you represent you being atheist in a good way, the more we push back the stereotype.

The mentality that primarily turned me atheist was the thought that if there was an immortal, all knowing, and kind deity, then the most rewarded behaviour would be the act of doing good (I'm not going to go deep with all my definitions of these circular words, because I think they're pretty clear) without desire for reward. Being for an atheist allows the potential to go extreem on both ends, but the difference there, is christians (in theory) do "whats right" with the thought that thats one step closer to heaven while atheists do it because its the right thing to do.

And the reason that I reject religion in general is not because its cool, or I'm too lazy to go to church, its just the burdon of scientific evidence that proves it doesn't exist. I reaserched religions for countless hours before making my decision to become an athiest, and finally switching when factoring in the concept of morality into religion. If you would like me to go more in depth I can.

• Brohoof 2

Don't really want to put myself under any labels, like Atheist or Agnostic.

I reckon that is there no "God" as to say, so I guess that would put me under Atheist.

Although a ton of my beliefs do cross over with a certain religion.

The stereotypes are too funny.

Posted Image

I guess it is what I see localy, some kid was arrested the other day for drawing alchemy circles in blood. Now the local Methodist church is handing out mini-bibles outside of our school every day.

Arrested? What...?

Edited by Legit101
  • Brohoof 1

Arrested? What...?

He was arrested and was charged for first degree muder for killing a fellow student, then drawing alchemy circles in blood at our school yard. It was awhile ago now that I think about it, but we still have all of these religous volunteers shoving bibles down our mouths to cure ourselfs with god. *Bleh*

Now then here comes my opinion about the matter...

My opinion is as follows: Do you belong to a Religion? You do? That's fine by me. You dont? That's fine by me.

To go a bit more into depth here:

I love the community bit and the love/care bit of Religion. I don't care for your gods, but as long as you don't try to push your religion on me, I'll respect and care about your choise. I'm not in any of the groups in the poll. I care about religion, I'm baptised if that matters, but I don't feel christian. I do help my local youth branch here with summer camps, trips, meetings and such and all of these are Christian in setting, but I do it because I love the love and care bit about Religion. I love helping younger kids have the summer camp of a lifetime, to enjoy life while they're young.

tl;dr: If you don't showe your religion on me, I won't disrespect yours. It's that easy.

Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

(Romans 12:15-18, NIV)

If anyone objects to such ideas, speak now or forever hold their peace.

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 3

someone on youtube said almost exactly what i have come to believe in "religion is like a penis. it's okay to have one, and even to be proud of it. but don't whip it out in public, and PLEASE don't shove it down my kid's throat!" after almost half an hour of crippling laughter i finally got back in my chair and realized the truth in this.

i voted equestreism, has all the good morals that i agree with, and reminds me of how i felt listening to the bible stories back in sunday school as a kid, almost 20 years since i felt that kind of joy in sitting down to a good story.

• Brohoof 1

Sorry religious people, but Atheists own this bitch.

Nice to see that for once.

I live in the Bible Belt. -_-

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 2

I was baptized to be Catholic when I was little, but I'm actually Christian since I'm not like the rest of my mom's family which get really serious about religion, so I'm just a normal everyday girl person lady thing

Edited by Pinkazoid
  • Brohoof 1

most Atheist ... or are santinest.

Just gotta say, if someone is a Satanic Atheist, they're doing it wrong. If you don't believe in a God, why would you believe in a devil?

• Brohoof 6

Sorry religious people, but Atheists own this bitch.

Trade you for 5 bits and a lock of Celestia's mane. I want this bitch. I plan on entering it in the Westminster Dog show.

Just gotta say, if someone is a Satanic Atheist, they're doing it wrong. If you don't believe in a God, why would you believe in a devil?

Yeah. If Atheists don't believe in a higher power I'm pretty sure they don't worship the devil. Wouldn't make any sense...

Edited by StarGazer
  • Brohoof 4

Yeah. If Atheists don't believe in a higher power I'm pretty sure they don't worship the devil. Wouldn't make any sense...

Which is why I kind of laughed at the Atheist in my neighborhood. Most religions don't make sense, and there all based solely on your absolute, unquestionable faith. Is Atheisim losing its meaning and taking on its own belief system? Only time will tell.

Is Atheisim losing its meaning and taking on its own belief system? Only time will tell.

Nope. People are just misrepresenting themselves and not looking into what they say.

Which is nothing new.

Nope. People are just misrepresenting themselves and not looking into what they say.

Which is nothing new.

Nice Sig btw Crisp, nice opinion about the topic, then leads up to Rarity kicking some apple arse.

Which is why I kind of laughed at the Atheist in my neighborhood. Most religions don't make sense, and there all based solely on your absolute, unquestionable faith. Is Atheisim losing its meaning and taking on its own belief system? Only time will tell.

LaVey Satanism is quite similar to Atheism actually.

He was arrested and was charged for first degree muder for killing a fellow student, then drawing alchemy circles in blood at our school yard. It was awhile ago now that I think about it, but we still have all of these religous volunteers shoving bibles down our mouths to cure ourselfs with god. *Bleh*

Oh... I see. Crazy.

Edited by Legit101