Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Everypony's Religion And Why?

Ezynell

What is your religion?  

65 users have voted

1. 1. What is your religion?

• Catholic
    • Orthodox
    • Protestant
    • Lutheran
    • Anglican
    • Methodist
    • Baptists
    • Unitarian/ Universalist
    • Christian (other, or general)
    • Islam
    • Hindu
    • Buddhist
    • Agnostic
    • Atheist
    • Satanist
    • Reform
    • Judaism (other, or general)
    • Equestreism (or don't care)
    • Electic Pagan (added at request)
    • Wicca (added at request)
    • Jehovah's Witness (added at request)
    • Spiritual (added at request)
    • Other (quote the OP and I'll try to add it ASAP)

Shes talking about crisp's signature text on his opinnion of angels.

It's not my opinion, really. It's a quote from a movie in the '90's called The Prophecy. Also from the beginning of this song, which is where I first heard it.

I believe in Satan... So I seriously don't know.

But I'm not Satanic. I just believe in Satan.

If you belive Satan is real, wouldn't you also belive in a god OR is Satan your god?

I know that when you think about it reeeaaally hard, religion seems kind of silly but for some reason even though I consider myself religious, I thought the idea of angels was a bit silly. I don't know why. Maybe it's because they resemble Nike too much.

Aren't angels not supposed to have free will?

I know that when you think about it reeeaaally hard, religion seems kind of silly but for some reason even though I consider myself religious, I thought the idea of angels was a bit silly. I don't know why. Maybe it's because they resemble Nike too much.

Aren't angels not supposed to have free will?

If they didn't, then there wouldn't of been the ones who joined Satan.

eeeyup...

Ooohhhhh Heeeeel naw!

Ooohhhhh Heeeeel naw!

Oh, umm lol what? *Reads back*

Omigosh. I'm so sorry! I was pming a friend of mine, so I got used to saying she cause we were talking about this one girl in another forum. So sorry.

If you belive Satan is real, wouldn't you also belive in a god OR is Satan your god?

Could just believe in the what he stands for.

Indulgence instead of abstinence.

"There is no “Heaven of glory bright”, and no Hell where sinners roast. There is no Right;

there is no Wrong—nor God—nor Son—nor Ghost.

Death endeth all for every man."

I'm a Catholic, not a hardline one but still Catholic.

I personally hate atheists........ to them there is NO higher power. They say science proves it, but where does science prove there isn't a higher power. My Mom always tells me that the whole Church is more or less human ideals based off of what was said. I believe in Jesus and what not. But I wouldn't be surprised if the whole Bible is almost all fiction based off actual events. If God were to say I created the world, write it in a story.... what do you think the authors would do.

On the other hand I have no problem with agnostics. They leave the realm open to the possibility. Believers even have their doubts, but to say your an Atheist is giving no wiggle room.

I'm a Catholic, not a hardline one but still Catholic.

I personally hate atheists........ to them there is NO higher power. They say science proves it, but where does science prove there isn't a higher power. My Mom always tells me that the whole Church is more or less human ideals based off of what was said. I believe in Jesus and what not. But I wouldn't be surprised if the whole Bible is almost all fiction based off actual events. If God were to say I created the world, write it in a story.... what do you think the authors would do.

On the other hand I have no problem with agnostics. They leave the realm open to the possibility. Believers even have their doubts, but to say your an Atheist is giving no wiggle room.

You are basically the same as me, although I feel that fact prevails over faith. Glad someone feels the same about the Bible is just possibly a peace of fiction. As most people don't realise is that the bible was written after countless tellings by mouth, Who knows how the orignal story went. What the "true" bible would've said.

I'm surprised to see quite so many Athiests about the forums. I'm very much used to being surrounded by a large number of the religious folk, wherever I go. I don't rightly care one way or the other though, just as long as people let me stick to my non-beliefs ;)

• Brohoof 1

You are basically the same as me, although I feel that fact prevails over faith. Glad someone feels the same about the Bible is just possibly a peace of fiction. As most people don't realise is that the bible was written after countless tellings by mouth, Who knows how the orignal story went. What the "true" bible would've said.

I see the Old Testament as more or less fiction while the New Testament is more or less a 3rd or 4th source report

PRAISE RICHARD DAWKINS AND IL ATHEISMO SO MANY NON BELIEVERS!

I'm quite surprised that almost half the voters put themselves towards Atheism (and Equestrianism).

Although it really depends on the crowd. Since certain population groups tend to be more skewed towards a specific religion. And the Atheists that live everywhere.

On the other hand I have no problem with agnostics. They leave the realm open to the possibility. Believers even have their doubts,

but to say your an Atheist is giving no wiggle room.

I don't understand why you hate atheists. We believe that there are no divine or spiritual beings because there is no evidence for their existence. I can understand why you'd dislike atheists telling you your religion is wrong and trying to convert you, but just hating all atheists seems more than a little prejudicial to me.

• Brohoof 2

I don't understand why you hate atheists. We believe that there are no divine or spiritual beings because there is no evidence for their existence. I can understand why you'd dislike atheists telling you your religion is wrong and trying to convert you, but just hating all atheists seems more than a little prejudicial to me.

You don't seem to understand him. It's like hating black people because they are better at hide and seek in the dark.

I actually dislike theists wishing to somehow convert me, Because I'm not going to agree with them and the discussion is inevitable pointless. That's why I will never try to convert anyone over to non-believing. Because that point of view is so skewed neither party will see compromise, religion is very often an all or nothing situation, you either believe or you don't there is no "Well I believe a little of it now" or "I stopped believing that because you raised a good argument". There is little change and therefor converting is futile.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I do not believe at all that there is any "higher power". I'm not sure that science can prove it, but I do not believe at all that there is a god. To me, for example the Bible is just an old book written by some guy who wanted respect.

I am not trying to convert anyone. Some of my friends do believe in god, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Besides, it's not that strange that I am an Atheist since I live in Sweden.

This is taken from Wikipedia:

'Some studies have found Sweden to be one of the least religious countries in the world, with one of the highest levels of Atheism. 2001, 69% of Swedes said that trey are either atheist or agnostic. According to different studies, between 46% and 85% of Swedes do not believe in God.'

• Brohoof 1