Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Everypony's Religion And Why?

Ezynell

What is your religion?  

65 users have voted

1. 1. What is your religion?

• Catholic
    • Orthodox
    • Protestant
    • Lutheran
    • Anglican
    • Methodist
    • Baptists
    • Unitarian/ Universalist
    • Christian (other, or general)
    • Islam
    • Hindu
    • Buddhist
    • Agnostic
    • Atheist
    • Satanist
    • Reform
    • Judaism (other, or general)
    • Equestreism (or don't care)
    • Electic Pagan (added at request)
    • Wicca (added at request)
    • Jehovah's Witness (added at request)
    • Spiritual (added at request)
    • Other (quote the OP and I'll try to add it ASAP)

Well I'm an atheist, but my family's mostly christian. WHAT DO I CHOOSE?

Atheist, since you are an Atheist. This isn't about what your family is. lol

That is an extremely large hypothetical "What if?". "What if I was born into a non-Christian family?" well, then that could mean I could have been born to a militantly atheistic family, a science test-tube, a prositute, a muslim family, batman's wife, etc. To detail that sort of theoretical without precise detail would be to imagine a universe from conjecture and we may as well be discussing "What if Hitler was assassinated" or "If Constantine died older than he did".

Thank you for avoiding the very question. I did not ask a game of what-if, but rather, are you religious because of your geographical situation?
  • Brohoof 1

Wow... thats... actually quite impressive. Think of the thousands of countless hours that have been spent watching that video ;)

Well I'm an atheist, but my family's mostly christian. WHAT DO I CHOOSE?

Go with your own idea, don't cling to your family when it comes to personal beliefs.

I believe I'd fit in with agnostic. I do believe in a higher power somewhere out there, as I've prayed hard before and have had good outcomes. But I just can't believe in things like the Bible. Don't get me wrong, I know it's there to teach you good lessons but I just end up poking more fun at it than anything.

Then there's the fact that people have always killed over which religion is right, which kind of makes it contradict itself.

All the denominations combined, Christian is actually tied with Atheism, which is what I find surprising.

+17% who don't care for religion. I would say that could also be considered a denomination of atheism. I would say you can't throw in Catholics and regular Christians together because of the radically different way they work. Same with Protestants.
  • Brohoof 1

I'm atheist, although I was technically raised protestant, and I was baptised. My family just never went to church or anything. In fact, I didn't know much of anything about religion until grade 6 or so, when I met my best friend, a devout Christian.

I'm an electic pagan, I worship the earth. ^_^

Sereous, or trolling?

Have you been touched by his noodley appendage?

In a way I would not like to discuss publicly.

• Brohoof 1

I was raised Christain, but then I turned atheist.

On another note, WOW... there are a lot more atheists than what I expected, especially since it's the most populated religious belief of the people in the forum. That's really suprising.

Well I went to Catholic grade school and my family went to church and such when I was in grade school, but I stopped and pretty much wasn't at all religious after I left that school.

For a while I would have said I'm B'nei Noah(although it's not really considered a religion per se), I grew up in a jewish neighborhood and most of my friends are Orthodox jewish... Although I'm not really spiritual/religious now, I guess I could still be considered to be B'nei Noah and maybe agnostic.

Is there an option for "undecided"?

Edited by Neko-Chan