Ezynell

Mega Thread Everypony's Religion And Why?

What is your religion?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What is your religion?

• Catholic
    • Orthodox
    • Protestant
    • Lutheran
    • Anglican
    • Methodist
    • Baptists
    • Unitarian/ Universalist
    • Christian (other, or general)
    • Islam
    • Hindu
    • Buddhist
    • Agnostic
    • Atheist
    • Satanist
    • Reform
    • Judaism (other, or general)
    • Equestreism (or don't care)
    • Electic Pagan (added at request)
    • Wicca (added at request)
    • Jehovah's Witness (added at request)
    • Spiritual (added at request)
    • Other (quote the OP and I'll try to add it ASAP)

Though I do not have a religion that I abide by, I am a deist. Long story short, it's the idea that the universe has a creator of some kind, but said creator does not intervene in the universe itself. Basically, the deist God is an onlooker.

Badges

I reply to too many of these.

I'm Roman Catholic.

Don't know why,Don't care much.

I identify as a pagan but I like to read into other religions(christianity excluded) and try to learn from them to improve my own spirituality.  I don't pray that often though, nor do I identify with one particular pantheon.  I'm also Anishinaabe, so that's where most of my spirituality is, I'm still trying to learn though...

I would like to say I'm agnostic but I mean more to being an atheist just because I look for any form of evidence which is credible which is why I like science 

I think I'd be a follower of Celestianism. Look! They even have commandments! :-D

1. Celestia is your ruling Princess and Teacher, you shall not follow any orders or teachings that contradict hers or that you feel in you heart she would judge to be wrong.
  2. You shall be honest in all words and deeds.
  3. You shall be kind towards all creatures and not cause any unnecessary harm or be rude.
  4. You shall spread laughter in the world and be cheerful if possible.
  5. You shall be generous in all things and share with those in need your time and possessions.
  6. You shall be loyal to your friends and all those you feel deserving of your loyalty, even in hard times, as long as doing so does not contradict Celestias teachings.
  7. You shall seek and find the magic of friendship and honour it.

(edited)

When people ask me if I'm religious, I give the "Well, yes and no" answer. Yes I'm a Christian, but no, I am not hardcore religious at the same time...if that makes any sense. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

Badges

I'm a pretty active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, though I think I may already have mentioned that in a number of other topics. :P

Badges

I'm Catholic, since I was more or less born into it. Despite this, I haven't regularly attended church in at least seven years.

Badges

Atheist. Primary because I find most religions to be an absolute plague to humanity and does little more than hold us to the Dark Ages.

(edited)
On 12/22/2018 at 7:20 AM, Midnight Solace said:

I think I'd be a follower of Celestianism. Look! They even have commandments! :-D

1. Celestia is your ruling Princess and Teacher, you shall not follow any orders or teachings that contradict hers or that you feel in you heart she would judge to be wrong.
  3. You shall be kind towards all creatures and not cause any unnecessary harm or be rude.
  5. You shall be generous in all things and share with those in need your time and possessions.
  6. You shall be loyal to your friends and all those you feel deserving of your loyalty, even in hard times, as long as doing so does not contradict Celestias teachings.

OH HAIL THE  SUN GODDESS!! 

7F741B41-A0E3-4160-80EC-B7BD3086A8F7.thumb.jpeg.d1111366d29fef0c9862e3d9d96b4ae9.jpeg

Edited by TBD

Badges

On 12/22/2018 at 9:20 AM, Midnight Solace said:

Heh, I saw that page before and it was clearly written as a joke. But, as a spiritual path I'm much more comfortable with Ponies than anything else, and I've done a LOT of wandering through religions in my life. Not that spiritualism is the same thing as religion, but you get the idea. Logically that falls under Eclectic Pagan though, which technically what I am.

Badges