Do you drive/ own a car?  

215 users have voted

1. 1. Do you drive?

• Yes I have a licence and a car
    • I have a licence but no car
    • I have no licence but I drive as a hobby
    • I have no licence and no car
    • other (post in comments)

lol, what the hell is with rangers and broken heaters? mine doesnt work either. right now, my truck has a fresh clutch/master/slave/flywheel/rear seal in it with less then 700 miles on everything. im in the process of doing a top end job and major overhaul so when thats done, it will have a new head gasket, rebuilt head, all new sensors, new power steering pump, new timing belt and tensioner, new water pump, etc. might have been more cost effective to drop a 5.0 cobra in it then to do all this shit though.. hmmm

honestly, i should have bought a new truck instead of putting all this cash into the ranger, but i like the truck too much to give up on it.

• Brohoof 1

Yep, been driving for three years with my 2001 Toyota Corolla, which was given to me by my dad. I would settle for an actual car of my own, but what the hay, it's still a good car in my eyes. :P Here's what it looks like:

Posted Image

While I don't have a picture on me, I drive an orange 2006 Toyota Yaris. It's in quite good condition for a used car, everything works as it should. It gets me to college and back and I only have to refill the gas about once every month and a half, so it's good enough for me.

EDIT: After a while, I've discovered it's missing the passenger side interior air filter. Not buying one to put in there, it costs too much and it's pretty much pointless. If worse comes to worse, I'll just tell my passenger to hold their breath :derp:

Edited by Celtore

Wow, I never expected so many Ranger owners on this forum!  I installed an ambient lighting kit I bought at Walmart last night.  It fills my footwells with a nice blue glow.  You plug it into your cigarette lighter, and you can turn it on and off from there.

post-8252-0-33825100-1354145934_thumb.png

Here's how it looks.

• Brohoof 1

nothing wrong with corollas. i drive a 2000 from time and time, and i like it alot. comfortable driving position, all the creature comforts, good stereo in it, etc. i wouldnt mine it as a daily driver, as long as i have a fun vehicle on the side, because well.... the corolla is kinda dull. granted, its reliable and has all the goodies, but it doesnt excite me when i drive it.

I've got my learner's permit and I drive a '98 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. I literally grew up with the thing. It's a year younger than me. It basically looks like this, except the rims are stock and the soft top is tan

post-5335-0-00762800-1354167157_thumb.jpg

Edited by Feld0's Overlord

I don't have a licence quite yet(I'm going to get one soon, I didn't have time in High-School), But I have my dad's old Crown Vic/Police Interceptor

Posted Image

Heehee, there's nothing quite as entertaining as driving a white Crown-vic around and scaring the living daylights out of people, only for them to realize that you're not the police.

*Edit: is the quoting function acting strange for some people? I tried getting rid of the image when I quoted it, but Shonobi's name and the "quote" tags didn't even show up. When I actually tried deleting the image, it messed everything up.

Edited by CloudFyre
  • Brohoof 1

i forget the year, its either 1992 or 1996 maroon toyota camry. the guy i bought it from barely drove it at all, so the engine was in good condition. its missing a hubcap and could use a little paint... so yeah, its not that great but its my first car and i'm happy i earned all on my own. ugly first car ftw! ^^

oh yeah, i love that it has a cassette player. i found my mom's cassette stash and have been jamming out to the classic rock and feeling all nostalgic :3

Edited by crazitaco

22, have license and a Car. My car is the 2011 Camaro SS/RS. 

Few mods I have, Longtube Headers, High flow cats, magnaflow mufflers, and a CAI intake system.  :wub:

Pretty much as unenvironmental friendly as you can get  :P Posted Image

• Brohoof 4

I drive an old hand-me-down Toyota from the 1990s, and I wouldn't have it any other way. This car is the reason why I prefer Japanese cars over Western cars. They're just plain reliable and (relatively) cheap to maintain.

It's also interesting, although not surprising, that the first choice is the only option that donors voted for.

• Brohoof 1

I have my boyfriend's dinky smart car. Nice enough for city driving, but I can't believe he owns such an emasculating car! :D I honestly feel like I'm in a clown car when I drive it...

interestingly enough, I know in the area I'm at it'd be a funny thing to see. Heck almost nothing but trucks and performance cars at the college i'm going too.  :P

Well..maybe about 50% are gas hogs, some are mpg vehicles

I'm sure in some areas its not odd to see a man driving a Smart car  :huh:

I should add: not makin fun of your bf, giving props to driving it  ;)

Edited by Gigachip

I don't have a car since I'm only 14, but I have driven a car anyway.

I have a snowmobile that I drive every single day when it's winter which takes me everywhere i want. It's an Aktiv Alaska XT I think. Kinda old :3

Heehee, there's nothing quite as entertaining as driving a white Crown-vic around and scaring the living daylights out of people, only for them to realize that you're not the police.

The spotlight still works on it to, and you can leave someone stuck in the back if they get on your nerves:b. 

• Brohoof 1

drive a 2001 white ford escape with 140,000 miles on it and I love this thing. It has tons of cup holders with is a win win! I have had it since for about 3 years now and no problems :)

Posted ImageIMG_0126.JPG

I had an '03 white Escape for my first vehicle. They are really nice cars, especially if you had the 3.0 liter V6 like mine did. :D That thing could get up and go for a small SUV. I gave mine to my sister after I got my Ranger about two years ago. She completely totaled it last week. :(

• Brohoof 2

This is my car just not with the Dashie Pic.

Its just so hard to find a good detaling shop where i live. And i also dont have the money to get the work done. Posted Image

V6 or the R/T?

I'm assuming since you said its your car w/o the RD pic its a RT Posted Image

Either way, The Challenger is a great car Posted Image

Also for detailing, I recommend Mequirars car care items

Here

You can get them at pretty much any store, and the products aren't badly priced. Posted Image

how about some fun transportation? found this old Mongoose abandoned at a scrapyard and left for dead. was spray bombed white but pretty complete. Tore it down and cleaned up all the stock parts, then resprayed the frame fork and handlebars. i put less then $40.00 into it and got myself a nice lil rider.

Posted Image

bike #2, a flatland project off a Dyno. MOSTLY built from used parts and a few new things. gave it an olive drab paint scheme, camo duct tape seat, among other things

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

I have three modes of Transportation, and a drivers license, though it expired Wednesday so... Tuesday I'll have to get it renewed(I'm busy on Monday)

I'm pulling the Pics from the internet cause mine aren't the best Posted Image

The first is a 03 Monte Carlo...

This is my Car that I don't have to share.

I love it though It needs cleaning...

Mine also has a chip in the bumper...(Curse you speeder in a Neon!!!)

Posted Image

The next one is the Family Truck...

01 S-10 used mainly for hauling trash and stuff.

Posted Image

The last is my Mountain bike...

It's a Giant and is fun to ride.

(26" Rim version)

Posted Image

Again these aren't my pics but they are of what I have and the color of what they are.

Edited by CrazyClay
  • Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

Being the total gearhead that I am, I'm very interested in sharing and comparing vehicles with the people I talk to.

So I want to know, what do you fine people drive? :)   Do you have a project car/truck you're working on?  Maybe you built a racecar that you take to the local track on the weekends?  Rollin' in a sexy hand-me-down beater van? ;)

Backstory, modifications, specifications, photos, ect.?  Go ahead, post as much detail about your ride as you want! :D

I'll start as an example: (Spoilered just incase you don't care :P )

This is my baby

IMG_20130603_222739_zpsa9b8b637.jpg

She's a 1984 Ford F150 Longbed with a 4.9L Inline 6 (not to be confused with V6).  

This beast used to be a work truck for our family business (home building).  Not too long after my grandpa bought it, he started to develop alzheimer's and was no longer able to drive it.  Even before my grandpa passed it sat in their garage for 12+ years until I rescued it from rotting away on Sept. 30 2011.  This truck is all I have left of him and I plan on keeping it until the day I die.

post-13473-0-59921700-1376089027_thumb.jpg

She's been street legalized as of February this year and I'll hopefully be putting her on the road as soon as I get a good job to pay for the insurance.

She should last me quite a long time considering it only has about 50k KM on it ;) (31k Miles)

Mods include:

-K&N Filter

-Cherry Bomb Glasspack muffler

-New wheels and tires

-New stereo system

-Other random little things that would be too much to list

More photos:

post-13473-0-25110100-1376089920_thumb.jpg

post-13473-0-98800200-1376089933_thumb.jpg

post-13473-0-29927100-1376089955_thumb.jpg

post-13473-0-62648100-1376089971_thumb.jpg

post-13473-0-87572000-1376089993_thumb.jpg

post-13473-0-08803500-1376089999_thumb.jpg

post-13473-0-59921700-1376089027_thumb.jpg

post-13473-0-25110100-1376089920_thumb.jpg

post-13473-0-98800200-1376089933_thumb.jpg

post-13473-0-29927100-1376089955_thumb.jpg

post-13473-0-62648100-1376089971_thumb.jpg

post-13473-0-87572000-1376089993_thumb.jpg

post-13473-0-08803500-1376089999_thumb.jpg

@@~ Piston ~,

We actually already had a thread dedicated to members sharing details about their cars or what they drive, so yours has been merged with the older one. Just a heads up. I drive a Honda Accord from the early 2000's myself. Not flashy, but it gets me where I want to go without problems.

• Brohoof 1

@@~ Piston ~,

We actually already had a thread dedicated to members sharing details about their cars or what they drive, so yours has been merged with the older one. Just a heads up. I drive a Honda Accord from the early 2000's myself. Not flashy, but it gets me where I want to go without problems.

Oops, sorry. Must have missed this thread :P

Thanks for merging it :)

I was actually going to buy an Accord from that year, but then I noticed my grandpa's truck while exploring the garage at my grandma's. Accords are really nice cars :)

• Brohoof 1