Do you drive/ own a car?  

215 users have voted

1. 1. Do you drive?

• Yes I have a licence and a car
    • I have a licence but no car
    • I have no licence but I drive as a hobby
    • I have no licence and no car
    • other (post in comments)

I have a license and I drive a 2008 Toyota Corolla. I really like it, but what I find odd is how much I like it because of my favorite types of karts in Mario Kart.

lol.

The car is small, has good acceleration, great handling, and good gas mileage. When I play Mario Kart, I always pick the zippy little tight-steering cars.

I really don't get it, but it's so true.

I drive sometimes, but I don't own a car. My mom lets me use her car on occasion. It's a Toyota Camry XV30 that we got a good amount of years ago. It's an easy car to drive, and it gets me from point A to point B :D no complaints here. I would like to buy my own car in the near future. I'm currently trying to find a part-time job, and a car will be the first thing I'm going to save up for.

I have 4 cars I drive regularly, two of which I own. Two for business and two for pleasure.

I have an 06 Ford Explorer for a work vehicle. It idles rough, it rides rough, and the paint's rough. It ain't too pretty but it gets the job done. The other work vehicle is a 11 Ford Transit. Weird looking but perfect for my business.

My toy is a 10 Dodge Challenger. It's only an S/E but I love it to death. Besides, if I really want to tear up the pavement there's an 11 Dodge Challenger R/T parked next to it I can play around with. If I want to spend the gas that is.

Edited by FMStorm

I'm 23 years old, and I have never driven a car once. Why? I don't like them... truth be told I take my bike or I walk from place to place sure it may take longer or I may need to deal with the heat or the cold but to help mother earth I don't mind one bit! Let it rain! Let it snow I don't mind!

Edited by xPrincess Celestiax

UPDATE!

I have my learner's permit. I drive a red Toyota Highlander from 2005 (It's my mom's, but I'll be posessing it when I turn 16 and a half, and get my official Driver's Lisence.)

It's nothing too special. It's your average SUV, automatic transmission, not very high horse (It doesn't even have 4 wheel drive) but the good news is that it has pretty good mileage. It has I think 6 different "gears"; P, R, N, D, 2, L. The speedometer says it can go up to 140 mph, but I seriously doubt that. The tachometer says it can get up to 8000 rpm, but the engine would probably explode if it ever got that high. (Not sure though, I don't know a whole lot about engines.) The odometer says it has about 133,000 miles on it. It has 5 seats, and it has the option of overdrive.

I guess I knew more about this car than I thought.

Edited by Betez

You didn't have to cut me off, they drove too fast and spun out in a puddle, I didn't have time to react, now your just body the insurance blames

434_10151302054958332_1972291197_n.jpg

True story somebody cut me off and hit my car after they hit a puddle after a rainstorm. Car is fixed now.

I got my license at 16. First I drove a 1998 Plymouth Neon, and then my mom bought me a 2005 Hyundai Tucson when I was 19, because I had joined a band, and was starting to drive long distances with a bunch of stuff in my car.

Have a Car: 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited, but no license. I always wanted to be able to drive, but now I loathe driving and everything about it to the core after a short 4 months. In order to take the license test I need 65 hours of driving time while accompanied by a parent/guardian who holds a valid license. I have 21 hours and can take my test in 2 months. I don't know why, I love cars, but I hate driving them. 

8bd7bdfcb266ae96f5244be3d93b7681.jpgPic related: The BroJeep

Cars titled under my name:

1959 Volkswagen Beetle (project)
1971 Volkswagen Beetle (toy)

1990 Toyota Celica (daily beater)

1993 Ford Explorer (I let my parents pull their small trailer with this, otherwise I have no purpose for it)

2000 Mustang GT (toy)

2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (daily rider)

Cars titled under my companies name:
2011 Mustang

2003 Ford F350 diesel dually

Right now the older Mustang is apart a little bit, throwing another engine in it.  The 59 Beetle has been a long time project though I keep pushing back.

I'm driving a '97 Jeep Wrangler with a soft top (it leaks just a bit in certain parts where the zipper doesn't go all the way, but I can't complain 'cause it does its job) and just over 10,000 miles on it (I think... I haven't checked in a while and it mainly just sits in the garage)

I am the proud owner of a 1982 Chevrolet Silverado, a 2006 Pontiac GTO 6.0 Liter LS2, and a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS 2.0 Liter Turbocharged I4.

Some may be like "Odd choices there buddy." and others may be like "Well shit, that's groovy pops." Lets just say I have a "different" kind of taste in automobiles.

I do have pictures of these little fellas, they do look quite sharp and they are all pretty rare/unique. By that, I mean it's not something you see a lot of versus a Camaro or a Civic. (No offence to ya'll Camaro and Civic owners).

img-1708667-1-IMG_0392_zpsca32165f.jpg

Here's my first lil' buddy. This puppy is a 1982 Chevrolet Silverado. She's packin' a 350 cubic inch 5.7 liter Chevy small-block V8. It's got a four-barrel double pump Edelbrock carburetor, true duel exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers and some radical polished aluminum American Racing wheels. I do also have a set of Mickey Thompson street slicks for this truck too. 

As for the condition you ask? Well it's about as good as new my friends. This truck has a re-finished interior that matches original Chevrolet equipment and the exterior does the same minus the cowl hood.

This truck has a new crate motor, but the original odometer clocks at 86,000 miles. I'm the 3rd owner of this truck and still have the original sticker from when it was sold back in 1982. I also have other original paperwork on this truck.

It may be a truck, but it's got some speed to boot.

img-1708667-2-IMG_0494.jpg

img-1708667-3-11GTO_zpsac810432.png

Here's my next lil' fella. This puppy is a 2006 Pontiac GTO featuring the 6.0 Liter LS2 V8 Corvette engine. She's got the six-speed manual transmission and about 420 horsepower to boot. 

I may not have anything done to this one, but I don't intend to screw up the looks of the vehicle by cheapening it with shit like blacking out my wheels and other nimby crap. 

The condition of this vehicle is in perfect if not immaculate condition. I spend a lot of time on cleaning my vehicles so I expect nothing but the best that can be done.

I got this GTO with only 25,000 miles on it and it only has 27,000 now. She's got the K&N air intake and some groovy floor mats that match the GTO badge.

It's pretty fast, I have gotten it to 140mph easy and she's got much more where that came from. I actually have a picture of my speedometer at that speed too, yeah, i'm fuckin stupid to grab my phone and snap a picture at that speed but I did.

img-1708667-3-IMG_0427_zps7ea7237e.jpg

My next lil' buddy. A 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Turbocharged 2.0 Liter I4. This puppy gets on it when it comes to speed for a little four banger. This is my "newest" purchase. Like I said, when I'm car shoppin' I look outside the box. I bought this one for decent gas mileage. It gets about 38MPG on the highway, pretty damn good for a sports car with a turbo. But yeah, it'll move out, she does 120mph easy with more to boot. 

It's got red/black GM Performance interior seats and one of those cute lil' boost gauges. Pretty awesome. Pioneer audio system with one of those big speaker thingies in the trunk, 18 inch wheels, and a groovy sunroof.

These are just all the cars I still own. Before these cars I had a 2008 Cadillac CTS with the 3.8 Liter Direct Injection V6 and a 2010 Chevrolet SIlverado LS. Yep, big GM guy over here.

If I even said how old I was this would be even more unbelievable.... Only 18. Just pretty damn lucky that I could locate vehicles like this.

I got pictures of them too, but I don't feel like going through my photobucket that far back. If you are interested in seeing more pictures of any of my vehicles, I do have a DeviantArt account with more pictures n' stuff there.

http://the-intimidator.deviantart.com/

Hit it up folks, hit it up. 

I have a 2001 blue(obviously) Ford Focus. It's in great shape, has good gas-mileage, and it has 4 doors, which is convenient.

I used to have a '99 Chevy Lumina up until about 2 years ago, but I kinda totaled the right side of it. Oops.

Hit it up folks, hit it up. 

So do you run any of these cars or do you just drive them?  Just wondering if anybody else around here likes to hit a race track every once in awhile.

So do you run any of these cars or do you just drive them?  Just wondering if anybody else around here likes to hit a race track every once in awhile.

I have never taken them legitimately to a track and ran a 1/4 mile with them, but I have done some street races a few times. In all times I have raced someone, I haven't lost, so I have decent luck so far. But generally, I don't go out looking for a street race or any race, I mostly just find a open back road and see what she's got.

I probably would take it to a drag if I knew of one close to where I'm at that let street cars in.

But I mostly just drive for leisure activities. 

I know how to drive since my mom had let me drive from the store to home one day, but I don't even got a permit yet. My dad is taking me out Tuesday morning for practice, and I'm gonna go for my permit test sometime next week

But I mostly just drive for leisure activities. 

Ahhhh you gotta go out and run down a legit track at least once in your life, it's so much fun.  You'll end up hot-lapping whatever you take down there.  The GTO and the Cobalt have quite the little following so I'm sure you wouldn't have much trouble finding a little group of people to go with (it's always 100x better when you go with friends).

Especially if you ever find a little autocross track, the GTOs love those places.  They get sooooo tail happy and you end up just sliding around the whole thing (solo events obviously).

Dammit, that got me excited for a second, I've been stuck without a car to drive for months now, got back from the race track not too long ago to watch some MotoGP and I really just want to go racing myself...  I miss working on my bug.

Edited by AS41

I'm actually quite surprised by the number of people who don't drive.

I come from Texas, where I'd say a car is all but a necessity. Everything is spread out. If I wanted to bike to an actual grocery store, I'd be gone for three or four hours. Plus I absolutely love driving, usually in silence. It's always peaceful and relaxing, as I don't have to worry about anything but getting where I'm going. That said, when I'm on my college campus during the school year, I bike.

My car: currently a 2006 Volkswagen GTI, complete with custom emblems (did them myself) and what I believe to be a bad turbo. It's in the shop now, and it could either end up fixed or sold depending on the cost of the repair. If I sell it, who knows what I'll drive next, but I will need a car.

My bike: a super awesome Specialized Allez Sport Triple in electric blue with red grip tape and red/black tires. I loathe pedestrians when I'm in the saddle, so watch out! ;)