Do you drive/ own a car?  

215 users have voted

1. 1. Do you drive?

• Yes I have a licence and a car
    • I have a licence but no car
    • I have no licence but I drive as a hobby
    • I have no licence and no car
    • other (post in comments)

Sure do. I have a 35 mile commute to work (one way) and usually drive my Nissan Altima.

i have a '77 Ford F100 truck, but with non-ethanol gas at $3/ gal, it's parked under the carport. I can feel my wallet get lighter, just by starting it.  :dash:

I drive an off-black Cadillac,  great for a midnight drive. Nothing like stepping on the gas pedal, leaning back and taking my time. Occasionally I'll pull the roof back, let the sky in. I always keep it shined and waxed whenever I'm cruising through the city.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Phosphor said:

Sure do. I have a 35 mile commute to work (one way) and usually drive my Nissan Altima.

i have a '77 Ford F100 truck, but with non-ethanol gas at $3/ gal, it's parked under the carport. I can feel my wallet get lighter, just by starting it.  :dash:

If you think that's expensive, right now regular non-ethanol gas in San Jose is $4.20/gal (state average being $3.95/gal), though a lot of it is due to carbon taxes, gas taxes, and environmental standards. Because of that, many cars sold in California are usually expected to have higher fuel economy and carpooling is encouraged. It's generally not an issue in cities like San Francisco which has an extensive enough public transit system (MUNI + BART) to make driving unnecessary for everyday use, not to mention the sheer amount of money you'll have to additionally spend on highway tolls and parking. 

I have a 2013 BMW 328i, though I usually try to bike to get places or transfer onto light rail or bus. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I drive a 2006 Ford Territory. It's definitely a unique experience. It did scare me at first, but you get better at it when you keep at it. People basically harassed me about it for years until I finally gave in and tried it.

Edited by Cash_In

I drive a 2001 Forrester Sub right now and I just got a Chev Equinix 09 to replace it.  Mostly I drive 2.7 miles to work, if not Ill choose to take a bus or use my bike.  :orly: