Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Save Derpy Hooves  

45 users have voted

1. 1. Derpy Hooves: Hate or like?

• Against
    • Destroy the Misunderstanding

It's only been a few hours and already I have seen people complain that Derpy is an offensive stereotype of mentally challenged people.

Um. How?

Because she's clumsy? Because her voice is loopy? Because that's pretty much all that happened. Seems to me like if you found something offensive about canon Derpy, you were desperate to see it.

Edited by Princess Arylett XVIII
  • Brohoof 43

Pffft if anything Kids shows need to be MORE subtly offensive. It's all getting too tame.

Besides, we've already had this argument about Rainbow's sexuality, it's kind of a matter of opinion...

• Brohoof 13

-writes letter to the complainers-

"I BROUGHT YOU A LETTER!" Derpy says as she slams the letter in their face. They open it up carefully, and with safety scissors; for every other type are dangerous. They open it up to find my letter.

Dear haters, trolls, morons, and the like:

You suck.

-Love, Fghik.

P.S: This letter will self destruct in zero---

• Brohoof 2

I don't understand how she can be offensive. I mean... mentally handicapped people in the real world are like that. People with downs syndrome are perfectly capable of doing anything "normal" people can do. Deaf, blind, mute... they're capable!

You seriously can't expect people to see a perfectly "normal" pony with NO issues and expect children to believe they're handicapped.

I honestly think Derpy is the BEST pony in terms of diversity. She has problems but she is still so happy-go-lucky! She doesn't let her accidents put her down and NO ONE ELSE puts her down about it. We saw her as a moving pony, so she has been given job opportunities.

She is not discriminated against. She is not MEANT to be laughed at in a rude way.

If "Normal" people can laugh at themselves, why can't Derpy laugh, too?

I think people need to start seeing the good side of things and not automatically go to how the show is "making fun" of handicaps.

• Brohoof 4

She's not even mentally challenged.. she's just cross-eyed and all you could tell was that she lost her sense of balance.

Plus, the people that say this also say that Spongebob promotes homosexuality, and Pokemon promotes satanism. Do they sound reasonable or just critical?

• Brohoof 3

I think Derpy is adorable and she's a fun character idea. Derp eyes = Awesome.

Course we'd all be having a similiar discussion if she had heterochromia instead, or was albino people who say she's offensive are the same people who say the Monster High franchise is a slut line.

They have virtually nothing better to do then listen to Justin Bieber and troll.

• Brohoof 1

At least she's not like this:

THIS!

People are so damn critical nowadays, you can't say crap without someone complaining... Sorry for the rant, but it's annoying as hell to me.

• Brohoof 1

THIS!

People are so damn critical nowadays, you can't say crap without someone complaining... Sorry for the rant, but it's annoying as hell to me.

exactly my point.

People complaining about Derpy being "offensive"?. Good cod, what the heck.

Since we're complaining about things that are not problems...

The little fat pony in Family Appreciation Day? No, that's insensitive to people suffering from childhood obesity.

Fluttershy's shyness? No, that's insensitive to people with antisocial personality disorder.

Pinkie Pie's constant need to party? No, that's insensitive to the suicidally depressed, and to people with PPD and autism.

Twilight Sparkle having more magic power than all the other unicorns? Why does she have more magic power than all the unicorns that aren't powerful like her? All unicorns of all colors should have equal power, otherwise it's racist.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders looking for their 1 special talent, and failing? No, that's insensitive to people with Savant syndrome.

If everything is 100% "politically correct", you cannot have a story. Because for every completely innocent character or aspect, there's someone to blow it out of proportion and claim it's offensive.

• Brohoof 14