Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Save Derpy Hooves  

45 users have voted

1. 1. Derpy Hooves: Hate or like?

• Against
    • Destroy the Misunderstanding

so mentaly handicapped children are supposed to be silent and in the back ground? Ugh. She actually could have been a helpful character to help people love and care about disabled people. Usually special education children are ignored and never talk. Getting rid of derpy promotes them being ignored.

• Brohoof 1

You know, I believe the person that filed the Derpy complaint is a variation of this kind of this sh*tty guy:

"Pantys in a bunch guy. This is the guy that's looking for an excuse to be offended. He'll be walking his dog down a narrow no sidewalk ally, and I'll come around the corner at 15 miles an hour, and he'll give me a look as if I drove through his living room while he was reading "Where the Wild Things Are" to his special needs nephew."

"Oh, and his wifes the b*tch that uses the phrase, "Excuse you!"

"And his brothers the one that gives the long exasperated sigh when you ask to switch seats with him on the southwestern airline."

"Hey d*ck, not everyones out to get you. We wouldn't even know you existed if it wasn't for your overdramitized way of looking at life."

"But I suspect you already know that."

The person that filed a complaint against Derpy was the first thing to pop in my mind after hearing that.

Im really getting mad over derpy being changed. Hasbro was promoting love for the disabled. The real mentally disabled are the quick-assuming idiots who dont think about what something truely means. or what I still think is fake bronies. I hate them with such a fire in my heart they wish for hell. Patrick from spongebob acts worse than they thought derpy was. Derpy is a beloved pony. I cant see her changed or go away.

Edited by ScarletDagger

Im really getting mad over derpy being changed. Hasbro was promoting love for the disabled. The real mentally disabled are the quick-assuming idiots who dont think about what something truely means. or what I still think is fake bronies. I hate them with such a fire in my heart they wish for hell. Patrick from spongebob acts worse than they thought derpy was. Derpy is a beloved pony. I cant see her changed or go away.

Hate's a dangerous thing. Leads to a lot of horrible stuff.

Think of them as emotionally uncontrolled, hate the actions not the people.

AND

;)

Hate's a dangerous thing. Leads to a lot of horrible stuff.

Think of them as emotionally uncontrolled, hate the actions not the people.

AND

;)

Ok yea your right. I dont hate them. I really really really really really really really REALLY dislike them. A LOT.

Sounds very likely! Remember that thing about one of the creative team saying that in future episode Derpy will stay Derpy?

It's just the kind of thing Apple would do, too... "Modify this episode or we pull it off iTunes..." http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

My thread got locked. I was kinda thinking maybe it could stay because the discussion was along a somewhat different line... It was popular, too... http://mlpforums.com...e-behind-derpy/

There's a lot of posts there that show my exact opinion.

In summary, we're past the point of no return, clearly Derpy represents people handicapped in one or other, but it's actually a wonderful opportunity to show them love and tolerance acceptance. Now go read the whole thing :P

I was going to post in your thread earlier, but the dreaded lock went into place!

:(

I've come to think that the reason Hasbro is keeping quiet, is because if iTunes pulls MLP:FIM from their store, Hasbro will stand to lose a lot of bits!

• Brohoof 1

I just read something that was saying that apple has the right to alter whatever is on iTunes without approval from the creators, and that they altered the episode because they kept getting emails from someone called "angry mother" stating that they would sue apple if they don't remove the "offensive" material from the episode. If you watch the altered scene, RD doesn't sound right, and the mic quality dosn't Mach the rest of the characters

• Brohoof 1

I just read something that was saying that apple has the right to alter whatever is on iTunes without approval from the creators, and that they altered the episode because they kept getting emails from someone called "angry mother" stating that they would sue apple if they don't remove the "offensive" material from the episode. If you watch the altered scene, RD doesn't sound right, and the mic quality dosn't Mach the rest of the characters

Of course.. I KNEW IT WAS THOSE CELESTIA DARNED SOCCER MOMS! Is nothing sacred to them!?

I just hate hearing that Derpy is offensive! It's annoying, I hope Hasbro let's Derpy have her own episode....CUZ THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! :wub:

I just hate hearing that Derpy is offensive! It's annoying, I hope Hasbro let's Derpy have her own episode....CUZ THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! :wub:

i started a derpy episode thread a while ago. It should be on show discussion. Section of equestria

something that may already be here, but just an example of how much more offensive shows used to be, and hid it well from children so that the adults have basically a seperate show within the kid's show

Link please. I don't appreciate rumors and false information. If you could confirm this, however, that would be greatly appreciated.

Link please. I don't appreciate rumors and false information. If you could confirm this, however, that would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.ign.com/b...safe.250066881/

it isn't official, but it makes sence and i belive it. (remember i said i read about it, but i never said it was official)

also http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/02/look-into-derpy-from-kreoss.html

Edited by SXCJ40

Of all the thngs they can complain about they complain about Derpy. I really am surprized that no one complained about Applejack's name concedering what Applejack is.

i started a derpy episode thread a while ago. It should be on show discussion. Section of equestria

okie dokie lokie. I'll check it out

We have an official response from Hasbro regarding the changes to Derpy!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/02/gawkers-article-on-friendship-is-magic.html

Specifically:

"The 'My Little Pony Friendship is Magic' series has always been about acceptance and inclusion, and the series strives to convey that through the playful antics of a diverse cast of characters," Hasbro spokeswoman Nicole Angello told us over email. "Some viewers felt that aspects of the episode 'The Last Roundup' did not stay true to the core message of friendship which is the heart and soul of the series. Hasbro Studios decided to make slight audio alterations to this single episode."

...I'm still not happy about this, but I don't suppose there's any chance we could get them to change their minds on it either. We'll have to accept it for what it is, and do what we can to preserve the real Derpy through circulating copies of the unmodified episode, etc.

That is such hypocrisy in my eyes...Inclusion means that ignore the soccer moms. It's more insulting and chilling to see them do that because some viewers thought Derpy was offensive.

I'm sorry but if the new Last Round Up episode on the DVD is the edited one...I'm not gonna be happy.

Sure Rainbow Dash was mean to Derpy but she's kinda mean to everyone at some point. It's RD's CHARACTER if they wanted to convey a view of acceptance and inclusion make RD be nice to her not edit Derpy.

Edited by Arashi Takamine

We have an official response from Hasbro regarding the changes to Derpy!

http://www.equestria...p-is-magic.html

Specifically:

...I'm still not happy about this, but I don't suppose there's any chance we could get them to change their minds on it either. We'll have to accept it for what it is, and do what we can to preserve the real Derpy through circulating copies of the unmodified episode, etc.

Well at least they said it was just for one episode