Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Save Derpy Hooves  

45 users have voted

1. 1. Derpy Hooves: Hate or like?

• Against
    • Destroy the Misunderstanding

I, to be honest, disagree. They included her in the first place, and if this is the kind of damage and attacks they endure for simply doing what they deem to be the right thing, then you can be certain we will get little to no fan shout outs or contributions from them. They believed that there were a large amount of people (despite there, in fact, isn't) that took offense at the term 'derpy', and due to a misclarification of the definition, Hasbro made edits to the episode to avoid problems. They don't care about Derpy enough to risk fighting a war for her, so I do not blame Hasbro for removing her from the show. Perhaps, at a future date, they will reimplement her, assuming they understood now that the people who complained were taking things far, far too far, and are very much less a mass than Hasbro initially thought.

I just wanna say I was trying to speak from our view and try to get an understanding on why everyone was so upset previously. By now Youtube is flooded with re-uploaded original's of The Last Round up and unedited Derpy Hooves. Hasbro and the trolls were both partially to blame. They likely will re-include Derpy even if it's an Easter Egg (I saw her in this weeks episode in the Iron Will seminar crowd looking as she always had with her usual eyes.) version of her.

So yeah...Basically that's what I was trying to say. I'm trying to stay neutral frankly was more so trying to get a handle on why everypony is STILL pissed off when panic and anger mixed together never EVER cause any good. And this thread? Showed a hell of a lotta panic.

I just wanna say I was trying to speak from our view and try to get an understanding on why everyone was so upset previously. By now Youtube is flooded with re-uploaded original's of The Last Round up and unedited Derpy Hooves. Hasbro and the trolls were both partially to blame. They likely will re-include Derpy even if it's an Easter Egg (I saw her in this weeks episode in the Iron Will seminar crowd looking as she always had with her usual eyes.) version of her.

So yeah...Basically that's what I was trying to say. I'm trying to stay neutral frankly was more so trying to get a handle on why everypony is STILL pissed off when panic and anger mixed together never EVER cause any good. And this thread? Showed a hell of a lotta panic.

This thread is nothing, haha. You should check the show board of Ponychan, almost 3,000 posts in that thread. This is, of course, discluding the last sticky (because there were dozens of the threads, and they were flooding the board), which had 4,000 posts, and the one before that, which had around 2,000 posts. But yeah, I understand.

This thread is nothing, haha. You should check the show board of Ponychan, almost 3,000 posts in that thread. This is, of course, discluding the last sticky (because there were dozens of the threads, and they were flooding the board), which had 4,000 posts, and the one before that, which had around 2,000 posts. But yeah, I understand.

Yeah...I'm avoiding Ponychan for a good reason and that's cause I'd get swept up in the more 'aggressive' side of the fandom. Everyone here is sane as far as the fandom goes and I like it here but I won't register for EqD or Ponychan or anything like that. Too crazy for my tastes.

And yeah I can see why too...Hence my attempt at staying neutral.

Are the job discussion finally over?

If so, then perhaps you'll notice my post this time:

How do we want Derpy to be?

I'd like the explanation done by BaldDumboRat on youtube, but how about you others?

Staying away from the current argument,

it is the company's choice to make the show as they please.

We can complain, but in the end we don't really have a say what happens to Derpy.

I for one am just happy the creators etc give us so many 'shout-outs' and 'tip-of-the-hats'

(: ~

• Brohoof 1

I wrote this in response to someone in minecraft forum some time ago.

One day you greet the times when you must suffer,

you realize, the video you used to like wont buffer.

Fandom does its research, but finds no solid proof,

You assume they had no good reason, i facehoof.

You feel anger and bitterness, go chase vengeance,

selfishly claim, somepony deserves a death sentence.

Heed my warning dear fellow brony, don't you dare,

ruin the beautiful memory of our cross-eyed mare.

Anyway.. Derpy is still there for us in the background.

(edited)

Staying away from the current argument,

it is the company's choice to make the show as they please.

We can complain, but in the end we don't really have a say what happens to Derpy.

I for one am just happy the creators etc give us so many 'shout-outs' and 'tip-of-the-hats'

(: ~

Quite honestly, I'm grateful for even the slight nods Hasbro makes to us in their episodes. It's just a shame that a few people complaining carried more weight than the thousands of people that supported the move. But I'm honestly still not convinced that they're all real parents.

Edited by Zoopaloops
  • Brohoof 2

Kindly stay on topic and do not resort to calling each other immature names, implying that others are trolls, responding with irrelevant GIFs, or any combination thereof.

If someone is acting like a troll, report them. Do not respond to them for the sake of calling them out as a troll - I do believe that we have addressed this multiple times.

• Brohoof 1

Wow, look at all the deletes! Do someponies need the Elements of Harmony used on them? :P

I am not sure what is going to happen to Derpy in the future but I am sure we have gotten Hasbro's attention. I have faith they will do the right thing. Seeing Derpy in the last episode gave me hope. I do not care how animation studios work, all I know is I now have hope and I want to hold onto it.

• Brohoof 1

Are the job discussion finally over?

If so, then perhaps you'll notice my post this time:

How do we want Derpy to be?

I'd like the explanation done by BaldDumboRat on youtube, but how about you others?

I'd like her to be however WE want her to be regardless of what's done to her on the show I'll still write little short stories about the backgrounds and my OC's having their own adventures in Ponyville on the side and eventually post them. And Derpy will be clumsy if I want her to be or silly or just plain sweet. Which in my headcanon she's just a pony who means well but because of vision problems tends to have it...Corrupted a little when she tries to act on her good intentions.

• Brohoof 1

Wow, look at all the deletes! Do someponies need the Elements of Harmony used on them? :P

I am not sure what is going to happen to Derpy in the future but I am sure we have gotten Hasbro's attention. I have faith they will do the right thing. Seeing Derpy in the last episode gave me hope. I do not care how animation studios work, all I know is I now have hope and I want to hold onto it.

got my day of therapy at the firing range, two liter sodas really do make awesome targets :lol:

on topic though i'll stay cautiously optimistic untill season three episode 14, then we will see for certain, not getting my hopes too high until then.

how would i like derpy? if voiced again i would think a compromise between the two existing voices (original did seem just a tad boyish after a few listenings) and sometimes clumsy would be great (luna eclipsed, when she rose out of the apple bobbing tank was absolutely awesome!) but i'd be happy just to see her, as we have, in the background.

I wasn't a big fan of them not using the name anymore, but after reading an email response by Amy Keating Rogers about why they decided to discontinue use of the name Derpy, I can definitely sympathize with her decision. Here's a link to that email response for anyone who hasn't read it yet! http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/02/amy-keating-rogers-response-to-derpy.html

The first voice of Derpy, although a bit low, was kind of cute! I enjoyed hearing it the first time around! I must admit though that the new voice, in my honest opinion, fits her character a lot more.

I do hope they don't decide to discontinue the use of Derpy's character though. She's such a delight to see in every episode! It makes me laugh every time!

I will admit being tempted to post something like "Discord approves of where this thread is headed" earlier, but decided (wisely, I believe) it wouldn't have helped.

Although I do think piling on Hasbro excessively isn't a constructive way to deal with this, I do want to emphasize that for anyone who still feels hurt by this, my heart and hooves are with you. :)

I wasn't a big fan of them not using the name anymore, but after reading an email response by Amy Keating Rogers about why they decided to discontinue use of the name Derpy, I can definitely sympathize with her decision. Here's a link to that email response for anyone who hasn't read it yet! http://www.equestria...e-to-derpy.html

The first voice of Derpy, although a bit low, was kind of cute! I enjoyed hearing it the first time around! I must admit though that the new voice, in my honest opinion, fits her character a lot more.

I do hope they don't decide to discontinue the use of Derpy's character though. She's such a delight to see in every episode! It makes me laugh every time!

A response... yay... Apparently she felt right into the haters hands... the fact that they ignored the 200 positive emails and listened to the 10 negative really doesn't make me any happy. And also this finally kills the stupid rumor that it was only for iTunes. Of course it was Hasbro's descicion and not Apple's, what were you thinking?

I just hope they keep putting her in new episodes (And by that I mean third season). Wich is something she didn't clearify

I'm pretty sure that since people have found her as an easter egg in the newest one with her derp eyes that I prepose this headcanon:

Derpy has a lazy eye issue and that eye as with people with the condition sometimes goes nuts and she has to focus to keep it in place when she's flying or trying to help with something. (Such as the incident with town hall). Her real name may be Ditzy Doo but her nickname is Derpy as she admits she is a bit of a klutz.

Everypony okay with this? Cause I think the name change was okay and y'know getting the whole story, she's a parent...And she felt stung knowing that it possibly meant something that was an insult and a horrible insult towards her son.

She was thinking like a mom and I don't blame her...So we'll just have to move on and live with it. Nothing's gonna change it seems because unfortunatly there's a bunch of us who will be offended no matter what. Me? I've said my piece, I've basically gone through the stages of it. Anger, conufsion, sarcasm, acceptance and moving on.

So yeah..

• Brohoof 1

She'll always be Derpy to me, and as long as I have the Friendship Express DVD (and hopefully soon, that Derpy figure from Taobao), they can't change that, aha.

On (the original) topic, I liked the older, goofier sounding Derpy. The newer one sounds generic-bubbly. Like a lame Pinkie Pie.

Those are just my two bits.

Late coming to this debate, I know.

I don't mind Derpy's new voice, but un-Derping her and removing mention of her name is taking things a bit far, imo.

Late coming to this debate, I know.

I don't mind Derpy's new voice, but un-Derping her and removing mention of her name is taking things a bit far, imo.

I agree!

Besides my love of Derpy, I think the following C.S. Lewis quote illustrates nicely why I was so mad:

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals."

The idea of moral busybodies ruining our Derpy to protect people that did not want to be protected because they loved Derpy too just BURNED me.

• Brohoof 3

I agree!

Besides my love of Derpy, I think the following C.S. Lewis quote illustrates nicely why I was so mad:

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals."

Sweet Celestia I love C.S. Lewis.

The whole thing hadn't felt good at all. Not knowing what would be happening, all the feeling of stupid political correctness changing the eyes, name, and voice of the character, just made me worried, upset, and annoyed at everything. I'm not one of the people who acted all Posted Image But I really was fairly upset, pissed, and worried about what it would mean for any other appearances in episodes that are still being made.

I read the response as to why it happened, and it makes sense, but... still.

Edited by Toastypk

Personally, the voice change doesn't bother me, but taking out her name was kind of a disappointment. It was a nice little tip of the hat to the fans, and I really appreciated that.

I read the response as to why it happened, and it makes sense, but... still.

A "why it happened" gives no clue as to "what will happen now?"

Also, that 10 or 20 "concerned that it is an insult" get a heavier impact than 200 "we are the ones portrayed, but we love this" feels .... so utterly wrong.

Somehow, i'm just reminded by something ... BaldDumboRat(did i get her name right?) on youtube quoted from a humoristic situaton ... or it became fun because of the comment "Ahm specauul !" ...

Yes, i do like to refer to BaldDumboRat on youtube, because her comments on the situation has been ... so good.