Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Save Derpy Hooves  

45 users have voted

1. 1. Derpy Hooves: Hate or like?

• Against
    • Destroy the Misunderstanding

You know, I'm more offended of the fact that it's a show about colorful horses! It discriminates against the real ones who only come in some form between black and brown. While I'm at it, what's this whole "friendship" bigotry? Don't they know that there's lonely people out there too?

Seriously guys, it's a character that wouldn't even be here if it weren't for an animation error. If you get "offended" by something that acts like it has mental deficiencies, then you need to start enjoying more things in life. Don't get caught up in being offended; it's just not good for your health.

• Brohoof 4

I should be offended because I'm essentially in the crowd that Derpy is supposed to be "offending" but I could care less. I basically live under the constant state of derpiness and people even say that it is one of my more redeeming qualities because it makes me cute and loveable.
  • Brohoof 1

Ok so let me get this straight... because of her voice, she's a clutz, and she has derped up eyes she is automatically considered mentally handicap?

I don't know I guess all those MUST mean that she has some sort of mental disability! Because everyone with those traits are mentally handicap! (sarcasm)

that petition needs to be shoved back up where it came from. That letter, even if it does get 100 sigs, is poorly written any way so I doubt it would do anything. What about the hill billy stereotypes? Is no one upset about them? I'm offended by girls with big boobs in video games. I'm going to make a petition to make game creators get rid of them and apologize.

• Brohoof 1

Following that logic, you could say say Applejack is an offensive stereotype toward Texans, or that Granny Smith is offensive to the elderly.

No matter what you do, someone, somewhere will call it offensive.

It's been awhile since I posted on this forum.

And the whole, "Derpy is offensive!!111!!!" has been circulating on my Tumblr dash for awhile.

I find it annoying and hypocritical that no one blinked an eye about the character, Snails but freaked out about Derpy.

Personally, I don't think anyone would have great hand-eye coordination with eyes like those. If she's called Derpy, then there has to be a reason. And anything can be construed as offensive - I'm sure any mentally challenged people watching the show actually found it funny, and the only people who got butthurt over it are making assumptions. Assumptions are bad.

I have Autism, and I love Derpy.

Well Derpy isn't autist is she?

What I find funny about this thing, is that there is atleast one retarded character in every cartoon. (and usually more than one) So really, who the hell cares?

And btw, that bill thingy has apparently only been signed by people who found no better way to show their disagreement to it than by signing it, wich I find completely stupid