Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Save Derpy Hooves  

45 users have voted

1. 1. Derpy Hooves: Hate or like?

• Against
    • Destroy the Misunderstanding

Out of what... 50 episodes now?... they couldn't pick some random episode that was offensive to no pony? I am pissed. Showing ANYTHING would have been better.

Maybe they were requested to play that specific episode? Or maybe they thought that aside from ONE SINGLE SCENE, the episode was still good? You're letting one scene out of handfuls and handfuls annoy you when there are OTHER good things about the episode that are still fantastic. Altered or not, I enjoyed The Last Roundup - why'd you let some edits piss you off still baffles me.

Honestly, I would have even preferred another show - even another generation of MLP! That's how much I hate that altered version.

Stop overreacting.

Edited by NeverNeverland
  • Brohoof 1

What I'm wondering is how Derpy is considered offensive, yet no one rants about Snips and Snails, who are WAY more offensive.

This argument has been used time and time again yet it seems to fall on deaf ears. Seriously, Snips and Snails basically sends out the message that boys are messed-up morons. I would like to see an episode where Snails is shown farming snails or something - otherwise, what does his cutie mark mean? That his talent is being slow? Maybe he eats lots of escargot? Of course, together with snips, they stand for boys (snips and snails... they need a third with puppy dog tails!) but individually his cutie mark should mean something on its own. What would snips cutie mark mean on its own? Does he run with scissors? Hope not. Maybe he's a whiz at cutting up cardboard paper?

While I do think it's stupid that Derpy is the ONLY thing they've ever edited, and that it's stupid that no one found any offense in anything else on any other show (i.e. SpongeBob and Patrick being absolute morons), I think it's a little overreact-y to get SO ticked off at ONE edit.

Edited by letterONE

Stop overreacting.

Maybe, just maybe, I was in a bad mood to start with and I tuned in for a cheer up and instead I find something I find offensive. Telling me to stop overreacting is like telling any angry person to just stop being angry - you are only going to make the situation worse. What will cheer me up is watching my Friendship Express DVD with the right version.

Ahhh, so much better.

I didn't like the edit, the new voice was all right to me, but RD didn't say Derpy. CURSE YOU WATCHDOGS

Edited by Narutardedscum
  • Brohoof 1

get SO ticked off at ONE edit.

I was ticked off at the edit long time ago. Now I am ticked that I am being reminded of it when there should have been a new episode. I would not have said boo if they had played this during the week.

Well, now they are showing the Mysterious Mare Do Well - the OTHER episode Bronies generally do not like. I do not mind that episode that much myself but now it feels like crap-on-Bronies weekend. :P

The parents or whoever were the ones overreacting in my opinion. Asking them to remove or 'fix' a 'disabled' or 'different' pony was just as bad as calling a boy in a wheelchair an offensive name to his disability.

I recently saw somewhere a little girl with cancer asking her mother to tell the people who make barbies to make a bald one to make her feel included.

Changing Derpy for i think it was 10 people who filed complaints was just stupid. Whether they put Derpy in there for the Brony community or to make disabled children feel included, it was just silly changing it.

That's my opinion.

• Brohoof 6

I was ticked off at the edit long time ago. Now I am ticked that I am being reminded of it when there should have been a new episode. I would not have said boo if they had played this during the week.

Well, now they are showing the Mysterious Mare Do Well - the OTHER episode Bronies generally do not like. I do not mind that episode that much myself but now it feels like crap-on-Bronies weekend. :P

I was just talking in general. :lol:

I really don't get why people hate that Mare Do Well episode. I think it's just fine. Also, a little bit off topic: I really wish I had the Hub. I have to watch the dang show via computer. I would much rather be able to DVR it and watch it late at night when I'm in my room than downstairs where anyone could just walk in and interrupt me.

The parents or whoever were the ones overreacting in my opinion. Asking them to remove or 'fix' a 'disabled' or 'different' pony was just as bad as calling a boy in a wheelchair an offensive name to his disability.

I recently saw somewhere a little girl with cancer asking her mother to tell the people who make barbies to make a bald one to make her feel included.

Changing Derpy for i think it was 10 people who filed complaints was just stupid. Whether they put Derpy in there for the Brony community or to make disabled children feel included, it was just silly changing it.

That's my opinion.

Brohoof this opinion over 9000 times.

I think this is why I take this edit so personally - I'm an eye doctor. I have "derpy" patients and I love seeing a character on television with strabismus. Same idea as the bald Barbie - it lets people know they are not alone in their condition.

What would have solved this problem is actual PARENTING. I gave The Friendship Express DVD as a gift to a 6 year old girl and I watched the whole thing with her. When Derpy appeared, she asked, "Is that pony dumb?" I answered, "Nope! She just has a condition called "strabismus" where her eyes cross giving her poor depth perception. For that reason, she is a little clumsy. But, she is one of the most loved ponies out there and we the community love her just the way she is." 6 year old answer to that explanation: "oh, ok!"

O.o People had a problem with the Amazing Mare-Do-Well?

Not really a problem - just lots of bronies didn't like it as much as other episodes.

Maybe this is all to make the Royal Wedding even more amazing. Want to make something look good? Put something unattractive next to it. Maybe this is what the Hub is doing this weekend. Tricky, tricky. :P

• Brohoof 1

It was the word "Derpy" that people found offensive based on its definition. It means, y'know, its used as a substitute with the word "retarded" in sentences sometimes.

The writers weren't aware of what it meant at the time since at first search it means "awkward" or "silly" but if you search further it can also mean and be used for the word "retarded."

People frustrate me. Derpy may be mentally disabled. Who cares. She is clumsy, and is genuinely a good person. She represents all the clumsy things that happen to us. The good natured wrongs of simple chance. She is an aspect of the shows comic relief and all you do by changing her is piss off over half of your audience. Fail to change her, and you piss off one quarter, or less, of your audience.

nah it could of been worse, like they erase Derpy completely from all episodes or they could have erased the best episode of the season, don't blame Hasbro or anyone else, the fandom created her, gave her a personality much like they did with other background characters, I don't see why we should get all mad over a lil change

also, if you were mad before... then why you take all your anger out on something else? it's kinda normal to do that.... but making a thread because of that? seems kinda silly if you ask me (no one asks me xD)

Well, that's your explanation right there. Bronies might not like MMDW or the edited version of Last Round-up, but I doubt the kids who are the actual target demographic have the same feelings, and that's who are being catered to. I wouldn't say you are overreacting, but I think you are taking it personally, when there isn't any ulterior motive behind which and when particular episodes are shown.

Well, that's your explanation right there. Bronies might not like MMDW or the edited version of Last Round-up, but I doubt the kids who are the actual target demographic have the same feelings, and that's who are being catered to. I wouldn't say you are overreacting, but I think you are taking it personally, when there isn't any ulterior motive behind which and when particular episodes are shown.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, an attack on what we love is an attack on us. And this was not only an attack on us, but it was an attack on free speech and expression.

Edited by SBaby

I'm just surprised the Hub had the balls to air The Last Roundup again- I recall them skipping it the last 2 runthroughs of the series. ;)

I'm surprised they had the balls to run it with Rainbow Dash saying Derpy's name to begin with.

I'm just surprised the Hub had the balls to air The Last Roundup again- I recall them skipping it the last 2 runthroughs of the series. ;)

I wish they hadn't. If they were going to air the edited version, I wish they would have just decided never to air the episode again. That's how I feel about it - don't try to convince me to feel any different. Feelings aren't always logical.

I don't want to act like I'm a mod or anything, but please use the search bar before creating a cliche thread. Plus this is really old news.

http://mlpforums.com...cussion-thread/

How presumptuous of you. I was well aware of the existence of this thread. I started a new thread because I was bothered by the timing of the showing of the episode, I was not trying to start up the controversy all over again.

You didn't act like a mod, personally I think you acted like an

Posted Image

Anyway, now that my thread is part of this thread, I've really lost interest in it.

Ugh, The Last Roundup derpy fiasco...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=N61lbhrmP40