Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Save Derpy Hooves  

45 users have voted

1. 1. Derpy Hooves: Hate or like?

• Against
    • Destroy the Misunderstanding

They removed derpy I believe because everyone got angry after the episode with her eyes getting uncrossed and they went like "There's a lot of hate on derpy, so let's give them what they want and show derpy less." and that's what they did, I didn't care that she lost her cross eyes and stuff, as long as she got more air time, but stinks because people showed them that it was a bad idea.

They removed derpy I believe because everyone got angry after the episode with her eyes getting uncrossed and they went like "There's a lot of hate on derpy, so let's give them what they want and show derpy less." and that's what they did, I didn't care that she lost her cross eyes and stuff, as long as she got more air time, but stinks because people showed them that it was a bad idea.

i have no idea what to say to this....like it makes sense yet i totally dont agree with it...

Posted Image

(edited)

My reaction to the Derpy merchandise news:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ80eu09UK8

The thing I just... really can't wrap my head around still about this entire Derpy "controversy" is the sheer stupidity of the fact that Derpy, DERPY, of all things is at the center of a controversy. Spongebob and Patrick, Ed from Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Kosmo from Fairly Odd Parents, heck, even SNAILS from MLP: FiM itself, and the hundreds of other characters that have appeared in dozens of other cartoon shows over the decades who are farrrrrrrr less intelligent than Derpy are, apparently, not offensive (and frankly, I don't think they're offensive either, but if Derpy is, then why aren't they). But DERPY is apparently!!!!!! I just, WHAT THE BUCK soccer moms is the matter with you!!!!!! Gosh, I am just sick and tired of everypony and their uncle trying so very, very, very, very, very hard to be "politically correct"!!!!!! Just, c'mon guys, where's your sense of humor? What happened to it? Why can't anypony just take a good-hearted joke these days? Huh? IDK, it just really rubs me the wrong way. Keep being you Derpy, no matter what the haters say!!!!!!! DERP ON!!!!!!! :)

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

I just REALLY hope Derpy stays alive.

I think that Derpy Hooves isn't offensive at all, in fact, she shows how much character people with disabilities have.

lol derpy was never meant to represent people with disabilities

it's not liek "derpy an inspiration to the mentally disabled everywhere" a derp is just a stupid facial expression

• Brohoof 2

lol derpy was never meant to represent people with disabilities

it's not liek "derpy an inspiration to the mentally disabled everywhere" a derp is just a stupid facial expression

I agree, and that makes the whole "Derpy is offensive" argument so ridiculous. I'm just surprised these people haven't tried to get rid of Twist because of her lisp.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The only thing that happened to derpy was they changed her voice and eyes in "the last roundup" And they dont call her "Derpy" anymore. But if you look closely, she's still there. Like in may the best pet win y during the last bit of the pet song, derpy is in the chicken coop xD true story

Edited by Mersander
  • Brohoof 1

The only thing that happened to derpy was they changed her voice and eyes in "the last roundup" And they dont call her "Derpy" anymore. But if you look closely, she's still there. Like in Hurricane Fluttershy during the last bit of the pet song, derpy is in the chicken coop xD true story

The pet song was in the episode "May the best pet win."

The pet song was in the episode "May the best pet win."

oops xD it must have been my thought of just seeing hurricane fluttershy or something. but that was a dumb act of mine

oops xD it must have been my thought of just seeing hurricane fluttershy or something. but that was a dumb act of mine

Now calling that dumb is a little far :P Mixing things up happens all the time.

My reaction to the Derpy merchandise news:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ80eu09UK8

The thing I just... really can't wrap my head around still about this entire Derpy "controversy" is the sheer stupidity of the fact that Derpy, DERPY, of all things is at the center of a controversy. Spongebob and Patrick, Ed from Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Kosmo from Fairly Odd Parents, heck, even SNAILS from MLP: FiM itself, and the hundreds of other characters that have appeared in dozens of other cartoon shows over the decades who are farrrrrrrr less intelligent than Derpy are, apparently, not offensive (and frankly, I don't think they're offensive either, but if Derpy is, then why aren't they). But DERPY is apparently!!!!!! I just, WHAT THE BUCK soccer moms is the matter with you!!!!!! Gosh, I am just sick and tired of everypony and their uncle trying so very, very, very, very, very hard to be "politically correct"!!!!!! Just, c'mon guys, where's your sense of humor? What happened to it? Why can't anypony just take a good-hearted joke these days? Huh? IDK, it just really rubs me the wrong way. Keep being you Derpy, no matter what the haters say!!!!!!! DERP ON!!!!!!! :)

Derp can be on of 2 things

1. Defense Environmental Restoration Program

​2. or the definition in slang Reply to stupid comment or action

I agree, and that makes the whole "Derpy is offensive" argument so ridiculous. I'm just surprised these people haven't tried to get rid of Twist because of her lisp.

And the list goes on for cartoon characters that act strange or silly.

(By the way I like your profile picture!)

The only thing that happened to derpy was they changed her voice and eyes in "the last roundup" And they dont call her "Derpy" anymore. But if you look closely, she's still there. Like in may the best pet win y during the last bit of the pet song, derpy is in the chicken coop xD true story

Posted Image

YES!

Some people thought the name, combined with her appearance, was offensive, apparently.

No one ever found these offensive.

post-3637-0-02176400-1339841738.jpg

post-3637-0-75513400-1339841748.jpg

post-3637-0-09782300-1339841762.jpg

yeah but uncrossing the eyes? whats the reason behind that?

I never said parents weren't complaining. The uncrossing o Derpy's eyes was caused by the parents, the change of her voice was partailly caused by bronies complaining. I don't see any other way to spell that out.

once again people overreacting because something looks offensive dosen't mean they intended it to offend anybody.the cross eyes were apart of the charecter.thank celestia their changing it back

(edited)

I never said parents weren't complaining. The uncrossing o Derpy's eyes was caused by the parents, the change of her voice was partailly caused by bronies complaining. I don't see any other way to spell that out.

i feel that the bronies even if complaining had nothing to do with it. i thing it was entirely based on parents. but since there is no way to no for sure lets agree to disagree

Edited by Scarfy HOOVES

Just something I felt like saying.

I was watching Sesame Street with my sister the other day and I realized something.

Cookie Monster:

• messed up eyes
  • weird voice
  • clearly obsessed with cookies
  • clumsy (have you seen the way he "eats?")

I'm not saying all bronies complained, but the smaller number of them making a big racket about it were another variable along with the complaining parents that made Derpy different.

i feel that the bronies even if complaining had nothing to do with it. i thing it was entirely based on parents. but since there is no way to no for sure lets agree to disagree

Derpy first appeared in the pilot of season 1 with her signature eyes as the combination of a joke by one of the animators, and a blocking issue, removing the pony that should have been in front of her. Derpys first appearance was quickly picked up on 4chan, and thread after thread were made in her name. Studio B quickly picked up on the fans love of this derp-eyed pony and began putting her in the background of episodes as a “where’s waldo” type game for the fans. This led to her first “canon” naming as Lauren Faust auctioned off a sketch saved as “Derpy11”. The back and forth between the animator and fans continued until Episode 14 of Season 2, “the last round up” where the animators decided to fully embrace the fanbase and give Derpy a speaking line. Unfortunately the reaction was not as much love and tolerance as controversy. Hasbro began to take away Derpy’s lines and straighten her eyes as fans claimed they held offensive aspects and insulted the disabled. This only sparked more negative tension, as petitions began to form to get her voice back or take it off, and although the original can still be found quite easily, the iTunes episode had Derpy censored and changed. Although this did only enrage more bronies, many members of the staff went out of their way to ensure Derpy’s safety as a hide and go seek game for all the bronies to still enjoy.

Or, you know, whatever.

People are still complaining about Derpy?

I am not amused!

Just as some others have said before me, Derpy was never meant to be offensive. And who is she supposedly offending?

Disabilitated people, and so far I've never seen any such people complain. So therefore I declare that she isn't offensive.

People are still complaining about Derpy?

I am not amused!

Just as some others have said before me, Derpy was never meant to be offensive. And who is she supposedly offending?

Disabilitated people, and so far I've never seen any such people complain. So therefore I declare that she isn't offensive.

All these are facts and should be listened to! ^