Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Save Derpy Hooves  

45 users have voted

1. 1. Derpy Hooves: Hate or like?

• Against
    • Destroy the Misunderstanding

Well, is it not true that some mentally disabled people are like that?

No, most of them are not, I've met a few mentally disabled people and didnt even notice it until I was told.

And anyway if you're gonna complain about derpy you should complain about spongebob, ed edd and eddy ect.

I think it's clear the person who said derpy is offensive is most likely a pony hater.

No, most of them are not, I've met a few mentally disabled people and didnt even notice it until I was told.

And anyway if you're gonna complain about derpy you should complain about spongebob, ed edd and eddy ect.

I think it's clear the person who said derpy is offensive is most likely a pony hater.

I have assburgers and i was not even slightly offended.

And, people with down syndrom talk like that, maybe thats it?

Agreed, that would explain this hate for Derpy.

Someone explain to me how a living creature is supposed to act in the real world. I'm confused. I have a stray cat that is so god damn clumsy she trips on her own feet. She reminds me of Derpy, but if that's not how an animal should live her life even though it was not her choice, I'll take my gun and shoot her tonight to save her hated soul from you thugs.

Metaphorical, please don't take this seriously, lol...

• Brohoof 1

Every show in the history of man has some sort of stereotype. So then... why bitch about Dirpy's "stereotypicalness?" I mean, every one of the main characters are some form of stereotype, but we kick off the issue on Derpy? And as other stated, this "offensive stereotype" has happened a lot in the past, but is only brought up now? If you can't handle some simple fun, not directed towards someone or meant to harm anyone, just for some fun, then why bitch about it? Honestly, if you can't take some simple humor, please leave and let the rest of us enjoy it in peace, regardless of what it is.

AKA: Idiots without logic throwing hissy fits and ruining other people's fun because of said stupidity.

Edited by Wonka

Someone explain to me how a living creature is supposed to act in the real world. I'm confused. I have a stray cat that is so god damn clumsy she trips on her own feet. She reminds me of Derpy, but if that's not how an animal should live her life even though it was not her choice, I'll take my gun and shoot her tonight to save her hated soul from you thugs.

Metaphorical, please don't take this seriously, lol...

Marvellous analogy, you sir would do well in a debate.
  • Brohoof 1

Sheesh. Seems like a terrible lack of communication in the studio! I mean horrible! And her voice wasn't the soft feminine Derpy we're used to hearing, but it still wasn't quiet a guy's voice...

And, you know, I can see the OP's point a little. She spent all her time being normal like Lyra, BonBon, DJ, or any of the other background characters. But she spends half a second cross-eyed, and we forget all the times she was normal, and act like she was cross-eyed 24/7, when in fact it was nothing more than a small fluke. And because of that small fluke, she's been totally changed from what she normally was supposed to be into the village idiot.

But, we assume she doesn't really care. To know for sure you'd have to really know her closely, though.

But she seems to just blow it off. Probably because she's not sharp enough to notice. Heh.

kinda confusing to me i went to that petition looked at it and one person had commented against it. but when i scrolled down they had signed it are there ppl going against it and still signing it on there?

I enjoy the derpy char dont find it offensive at all

And her voice wasn't the soft feminine Derpy we're used to hearing...

...She spent all her time being normal like Lyra, BonBon, DJ, or any of the other background characters....

I'm sorry if I missed something here...

Did derpy ever spoke before "The Last Roundup" ?

Did we ever see her doing anything particular before the 1st episode, when she "derped" her eyes?

Or maybe there was a special derpy episode before Frienship is Magic Part 1 that I never see?

I'm confused

Posted Image

Did we ever see her doing anything particular before the 1st episode, when she "derped" her eyes?

Or maybe there was a special derpy episode before Frienship is Magic Part 1 that I never see?

I'm confused

Posted Image

Well she did say MUFFIN

I'm confused

Posted Image

I mean there's so very, many, many fan videos with derpy, and every one I've seen, she's either rapping with a feminine voice, or she's very feminine and soft. Absolutely nothing I've seen comes anywhere near the voice she was actually given.

Okay... So when you're confused you post pictures of RGM-84 Harpoon missile rodeos and rubber duckies. Okay. I accept that...

You know, I betcha I could beat AJ at a harpoon missile rodeo. I'm very experienced. Posted Image

^There's at least seven other mares at that scene. We can't say who got which voice Posted Image

Watch her lips :P it looks a lot like she's saying.

EDIT: Heh, actually, the two unicorns next to eachother in the middle at 0:04 have the exact same mouthing as derpy! O.o

Edited by EASA - Dr. Braun

I mean there's so very, many, many fan videos with derpy, and every one I've seen, she's either rapping with a feminine voice, or she's very feminine and soft. Absolutely nothing I've seen comes anywhere near the voice she was actually given.

Nah. Those are fanmade voices. One does not simply demands everything canon must matched the fanon version

Watch her lips :P it looks a lot like she's saying.

EDIT: Heh, actually, the two unicorns next to eachother in the middle at 0:04 have the exact same mouthing as derpy! O.o

There's other background mares who also moved her lips that way too

EDIT: gotcha Posted Image

Edited by Weyland

A group on a small MLP board that is hostile to "inappropriate" fanon has done a letter-writing campaign to Hasbro forcing the writer, Amy Keating Rogers, to apologize to corporate HQ for portraying Derpy in a fanon portrayal as a mildly handicapped / clumsy pony. They said it was an insult to disabled people. Hasbro referred it to Quality Assurance to "ensure this does not happen again".

If this is true then the whiners have pretty much guaranteed that we won't be seeing any more speaking appearances from Derpy, so thanks a lot you fucking assholes.