Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP:FiM Comic Book Series Discussion

lardbobobo

I've read the first 3 issues, and have loved them. Even bought variants. :P I still need 4 and micro though.

I'll probably grab 4,5, and micro Wednesday.

I have also read all of the comics that they've released so far.  I agree that it's a fun little story with excellent humor (Pinkie Pie is absolutely ridiculous and hilarious).  The art style is odd at first, but I've come to really enjoy it.  I was actually somewhat disappointed that the microseries apparently had a different artist...

The microseries was cute, and that's about all I can really say about it.  I don't regret buying it (it's not terribly expensive; just the cover art is worth the $4 price tag for me) but I wouldn't say that it was as enjoyable as the main series.  Even so, I'll still grab the upcoming ones.

eh, im a little skeptical. I want to wait until i have them all before i start reading them. i did glance at the first one. I only read the first and last page and i gotta say im a little disappointed on how short one issue is.

Well I couldn't find a store that had hard copies.

Luckily I was able to buy the digital copies (don't judge me).

The story arc comics where great. I'm not going to spoil anything, but they covered this story very well.

The micro issue was cute. Its sorta like a filler episode in a manga or anime. It's not important to the story in anyway, but it's also not bad.

Honestly I haven't been able to read any of the comics yet. Unfortunately they don't sell it where I live, but if I had the chance I would definately buy some, as I have heard that they are pretty good.

Yeah, I read the four issues of the mane series that are out at this point.

I have to say, I very much enjoyed every single page of them. The art is superb and the expressions that the ponies make are freaking priceless! Not to mention that Chrysalis has some really mean and scary looking expressions herself; really draws you into her character and actually makes her feel very menacing.

The only thing that felt a little strange was the ending to the fourth issue, but I won't spoil anything. I did think the outcome of this arc was quite humorous, though.

I'm new so I haven't read any yet, but I'll be sure to check it out! Where can I read them? I'm new so I don't know where I can find all these things, but I'd be very interested in reading the comics.

I've read the first four but not the micro series. It's amazing and is pretty much catered to the Bronies with all the nods to the fandom. It's funny to open the page to a more horrifying image to a non brony and then show them the cover.

I'm new so I haven't read any yet, but I'll be sure to check it out! Where can I read them? I'm new so I don't know where I can find all these things, but I'd be very interested in reading the comics.

You can probably find physical copies at comic shops or collectors stores, and I know I've seen Issue Three at Hot Topic before. You can also get digital copies off of iTunes, and you can probably get them off of other online resources as well.

I have issues 1 thru 3, and I plan on getting the rest (micro series included) at some point in the future. I'm really enjoying it so far, and I can't wait to see what they do with Nightmare Moon in the next arc.

I can't shake the feeling that Rarity is going to be Nightmare Moon, but I guess only time will tell.

• Brohoof 1

I can't shake the feeling that Rarity is going to be Nightmare Moon, but I guess only time will tell.

If Rarity is going to be Nightmare Moon, then perhaps her goal will be to dress up the moon in the best dress ever and force everypony to worship it.

What gives you the feeling that Rarity will be Nightmare Moon, though? Is there something I missed? Or is it just something you want to happen?

Cause I think that Rarity becoming a villain for a while would be both hilarious and awesome.

If Rarity is going to be Nightmare Moon, then perhaps her goal will be to dress up the moon in the best dress ever and force everypony to worship it.

What gives you the feeling that Rarity will be Nightmare Moon, though? Is there something I missed? Or is it just something you want to happen?

Cause I think that Rarity becoming a villain for a while would be both hilarious and awesome.

This cover image right:

se4vnn.jpg

Note the obvious lack of Rarity. I can't see why they wouldn't include her on the unless she was Nightmare Moon. Of course, it is possible she's just not integral to the story, but that seems a little unlikely.

Not to mention they hinted that the pony that becomes Nightmare Moon this time is much closer to the ponies than Luna, so I can only assume it'd be one of Mane 6.

• Brohoof 1

Oh yeah, good point. Thanks for refreshing my memory; I try to keep up with all the comic news as best as I can, but it's kind of hard to keep up with everything.

I can definitely see why you think Rarity could be Nightmare Moon in this case... the question is, however, what makes her become the new Nightmare Moon? More importantly, what will she look like? I smell an awesome evil Rarity design coming on...

Oh yeah, good point. Thanks for refreshing my memory; I try to keep up with all the comic news as best as I can, but it's kind of hard to keep up with everything.

I can definitely see why you think Rarity could be Nightmare Moon in this case... the question is, however, what makes her become the new Nightmare Moon? More importantly, what will she look like? I smell an awesome evil Rarity design coming on...

I'd imagine she probably gets possessed by Nightmare Moon, as they've sort of implied that Nightmare Moon and Luna are seperate entities.

As for her design, I want every artist on the forum to get on that right now. I want to see it on my desk by Monday.

I'd imagine she probably gets possessed by Nightmare Moon, as they've sort of implied that Nightmare Moon and Luna are seperate entities.

As for her design, I want every artist on the forum to get on that right now. I want to see it on my desk by Monday.

Yes, I've heard about Nightmare Moon apparently being a separate entity, but I wonder why she would possess Rarity of all people... perhaps Nightmare Moon either wanted to get one of the Mane Six so that the Elements couldn't be used against her, or maybe Rarity left herself open to being possessed due to a fight she had with the rest of her friends... I suppose we'll find out.

Excellent idea. I want to see evil Rarity all over the place as well. I'll start handing out leaflets and muffins to all artists who are up to the task.

Wait... there's comics of ponies? As in like Hasbro generating comic books? That's awesome! Good thing I didn't read this whole thread, spoilers everywhere.

Not quite Hasbro generated, but they're Hasbro approved.  I think the company that produces them is called IDW.  I'd definitely recommend them if you're looking for a good pony-related laugh.

Good news, everyone! Apparently Hot Topic goofed. There are reports that they are already selling Issue #5, so if you're passing by a Hot Topic and you simply can't get enough of the comics, it may be worth popping inside and trying to snag the newest issue early.

Otherwise, you can wait until it's official release, or head on over to /mlp/, as they'll have no doubtly uploaded the whole thing by now. Some images are popping up on Derpibooru as well, so if you want to avoid spoilers, I'd stay away from any picture that looks like it's from the comic, and avoid the IDW tag at at costs.

Also, one last thing before I go:

Turns out I was right about Rarity becoming Nightmare Moon via some form of posession.

So, about those Nightmarity Moon pictures?

Edited by Twinhead B

I've read the first four comics and the Twilight micro series and they are great.

The story is great. Having the Changelings coming back to take on the 6 was great. I also like the little jokes they hid in it. Like the Blues Brothers being in volume 1, Optimus Prime toy in volume 2, a Star Track line in 3, and all those horror villains in 4. It's a great read.

As for the micro, it's alright. It shows us what the other are doing when the other are out on an adventure. Like in Sleepless in Ponyville, we see RD, AJ, Rarity and the CMC. So the micro comic can show us what Twilight, PP, and Fluttershy are doing when they aren't around. Twilights story was alright, it's not that adventures as the main comic, but it's still funny.

Overall I say everyone should give the comic a read if you can. Even if you don't like comics, it's still good for the fandom. 

Q36qxE5.png

This has to be my favorite frame of the entire IDW series. The comic features much more adult humor than the show, and can be pretty horrifying at times. It's AWESOME.

• Brohoof 2