Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP:FiM Comic Book Series Discussion

lardbobobo

Howdy folks!

Picked up the Micro Series featuring Rainbow Dash & gotta say its pretty good.

(The Twilight Sparkle comic was great BTW)

One small little detail that got me scratching my head (And i'll put a spoiler tag for those who havent got the RD comic)

Though I am curious when RD says Awesomesauce it has a trademark . I was like since when awesomesauce is trademarked?? Thats interesting)

Cant wait for Rarity's Micro Series next month.

(Though I saw the cover & one small gripe for those who saw the cover over on IDW's site or EQD is she was working in her shop without her glasses I was likehuh.png )

See ya!

I just read the Rainbow Dash Micro Comic today.  

They did the Double Rainboom thing. Just like the fan-made episode that is coming out in a few days. That was pretty interesting.

And apparently television exists in Equestria. 

• 5 weeks later...

First of all, merged a few topics together. For now, I believe the comic series works fine as it's own thread; at least the main series. If someone would like to make one for the Micro series, that's cool. As issues come out, you can discuss them here, as well as discuss whatever else in the meantime.

>Comic Discussion

>[spoilerS] MLP Comic The Return of Queen Chrysalis Discussion

>MLP:FIM Comic Launch Party 12/11/12

--

Second of all, just finished catching up on these, and I'm blown away from how impressed I am biggrin.png This is the kind of FiM I wouldn't mind seeing the show turn into from time to time. It's got exaggerated but highly appropriate expressions for huge laughs, tons of references and humor, and takes lots of liberties in themes, action and general age maturity that the show couldn't or wouldn't. On issue three right now, continuing to adore.

I do believe this is the new best panel

post-13904-0-88565000-1366972372_thumb.png

But seriously, Rarity had an amazing micro issue. It's a shame she didn't get an episode last season, however this could very well make up for that.

• Brohoof 2

I do believe this is the new best panel

attachicon.gifPinkieispervert.png

But seriously, Rarity had an amazing micro issue. It's a shame she didn't get an episode last season, however this could very well make up for that.

Picked up the Micro Issue and Issue 6 toda.

Just got done reading Rarity's micro and it was indeed very good.

By far the best micro of the series yet. I have to agree that it kinda makes up for Raritys lack of an episode in season 3.

Derpy being a Mail Mare was a nice touch and

Also The Bonus comic was hilarious at the end, Spike is such a jerk.

My dad has ordered me the comics! I really cannot wait to read them! They look so good and the art looks fantastic! I think it may help me with my drawings too!

The more I think about that first panel the less sense it makes. It's already weird enough that Pinkie is peeking into the Stallion dressing room, but...they don't normally wear clothes so...

And I can't read that wonderful expression RD has on her face.

Jesus Rarity's issue was outstounding.

And it confirms something..

confirmationr.png

I hope the season four rarity episodes are this good. These comics are simply amazing so far.

• Brohoof 2

Howdy all!

Picked up the Rarity Micro & vol. 6 of the comics & good gosh its great.

Its very well done.

Vol.6 I was likeblink.png  I wont spoil it but cant wait for volume 7

Cant wait for the Fluttershy Micro comic as well.

See ya!

Well, the comic has been out for a while and I thought it was high time we discussed the first arc.  It's a given that spoilers for the first 4 issues aboud, but tags should be used for any info from #5 onward.

Since Crysalis is my favorite villain in the show, I loved it.  I especially liked the back-and-forth between her and the CMC.  The stuff going on with the mane 6 was...less interesting.  They seemed a bit more gulible than in the show.  It was so easy for the tension to get to them.  But the show down between Twilight and Crysalis was great.

One thing that just got under my skin was the art.  They were trying to go with a "darker and edgier" look, but the basic format of the characters didn't agree with it.  The facial expressions looked like the characters were under strain.  It worked in the fight scenes, no so much when they were making jokes.

Oh, and the Spike short at the end was bucking hilarious.

Edited by Forlong

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Well, while reading it there was nothing too mind blowing for me. However it was really nice. The humor was my favorite part about it. The only thing I don´t like is that in the end Twilight did all the important stuff. The rest of the mane 6 was just there to have all of the main characters.

<3 Oh boy, I absolutely love all the massive, MASSIVE expanding that these comics give to the MLP:FiM universe, that the show doesn't have the time or liberty to do, most of the time. Just take a look at the official canon map we got a while back, continued by a special map given in the second comic issue.

khOLk.jpg

In this one little map, we've gained the following things about the MLP World...

'Site of the Battle of Discord (Quarantined)' - A bunch of oddly shaped floating structures, as well as his trademark checkerboard patterned ground suggests this may be where Celestia and Luna had their epic battle with Discord over a thousand years ago, when they removed him from his throne and turned him to stone. It's rather cool that his leftover magic remained there, and is being treated the same way a radiation field caused from a nuclear bomb drop might be treated xD

'Timber Wolf Territory & Royal Guard Watchtower' - I'm in love with this one. I had a head canon for the longest time that talked about how Timberwolves used to run rampant in all the forests of Equestria, until Granny Smith, as a filly, got attacked by some when hunting Zap Apples (as seen in Family Appreciation Day). She then alerted the princess to their presence, and Celestia from then on had some of her royal guards keep the Timberwolf population pushed back into the Everfree, to keep them from attacking pony folk as often as they might. That little watch tower all but supports that idea <3

Lynx's, monkeys, Diamond Dogs living in the Appaloosan Mountains and many other new landmarks - All around this map is incredibly expansive in that it offers us a near-canon source to expand the MLP:FiM world on, not unlike how the Sonic franchise also worked. It had the video games, the the long-standing comic that built the Sonic world far past what the games could ever delve into.

Having a comic series for your video game or television show franchise is always an amazing thing for the primary source's fandom <3 I can't wait to see what other things pop up from the comics, now that I'll be sure to keep up with them as they come out.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy all!

Picked up volume 7 & its gets intense for Twilight & her Pony pals (Even  Spike blink.png )

I like the way its going in this arc & cant wait for the Volume 8 next month.

(And The Fluttershy Micro Comic at the end of May)

See ya!

(edited)

THEY ARE AWESOME!! I bought them all on my tablet yesterday, and finished them just now. I can't believe I didn't start reading them sooner!

What do you all think of them? What are your favorite parts?

Oh, and SPOILERS, everypony. (As in, if you don't want spoilers, you probably should leave the thread now. :) )

Edited by IronPonyApplejack

This latest issue was awesome, and it looks like there's going to be a focus on Spike, or at least there was a focus on Spike toward the end. Interesting that apparently Nightmare Rarity can also make dreams a reality as well... or maybe not a reality, but can make them seem very, very real.

Can't wait to see more. This is getting beyond epic.

Apparently either nopony else has read them, or nopony else cares to discuss them.

FOREVER ALONE!

Kidding. Well I'll toss out that I absolutely love what they've with the Nightmare forces. It really has added to Luna's already awesome character, in my opinion.

I loved them, they seem to be alot more mature than the show.  What Chrysalis did to those poor cat people...how did that get past the soccer moms?  But there needs to be a sub section for the comics and the book since they add alot of cannon to the world.

I loved them, they seem to be alot more mature than the show.  What Chrysalis did to those poor cat people...how did that get past the soccer moms?  But there needs to be a sub section for the comics and the book since they add alot of cannon to the world.

Haha yeah I think that crowd managed to miss that part. I have to say that it caught me by surprise. I really wasn't expecting it...but it makes me like Chrysalis that much more as a villain.

(edited)

I remember reading the part about the village and thinking, well this is kinda dark but also vague enugh that you could say there was no permanent damage.  The I got to the part where she does "something" to a cat person thing in front of the CMC and the looks on their faces....well there was no mistakeing what happend there.  I had to re-read it a few times to make sure I was still reading a MLP comic.

not that I didnt enjoy the comic, just that part took my buy surprise.

Edited by H3lios

I hear you there. I think my reaction to that was somewhere along the lines of "Wait....did that just happen? Did she....holy crap!"

And honestly that's one of the reasons I'm loving the comics so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy all!

Picked up the Fluttershy MicroComic & its gosh darned Adorable!!yay.png

I wont spoil it but its worth picking up.

Cant wait for Pinike Pie's Micro Comic next month &  for more Pinkie Pie wackyness theres the MLP Chapter book in Ponypaloooza party next month as well.wink.png

(Not to mention vol.8 of the MLP Comic too)

See ya!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy folks!

Picked up volume 8 of the comic.

I liked the end of that arc & Spike ruleslaugh.png

It was pretty good.

Twilight and the gang comes up with another plan to save a friend.

Liked how the Princess is the second line of defense with help from familiar ponies.

(wont spoil it here but it was classichappy.png )

Cant wait for the next MLP Arc next month (And Pinike Pie's Chapter Book along with Pinike's Micro later this month)

See ya!

I wish they could have added a couple of issues to the Nightmare Rarity arc. The rest of the arc was great, but they tried to put way too much into the last issue. It was a little disappointing.