Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if...Spike was a pony?

Appledash lover

I would like that idea. It would be an excellent moral for Spike since he already has a negative view on dragons. Of course Spike being a pony would have it's pros, but also it's cons. Knowing Spike he's be willing to change at the end of the episode and his character dynamic would take a turn for the better.

Bonus points if any of the other mane 6 species swap with him and they become a dragon. Namely Fluttershy.

Edited by Ember The Dragoness

This is a really cool concept for an episode! I think Spike'd be a unicorn, 'cause that's the only way he could efficiently write without having claws to grasp the quill with. As for an episode with this, I think it could be very possible! I'd love to see an episode like this and I really hope if they ever do end up doing something like this, they do it well. :D

I really like the idea of Spike being a temporary pony!

I've actually thought about ways they could handle this; here's one of the scenarios I came up with:

http://mlpforums.com/topic/66178-male-pony-in-season-4/

I want to see Spike find a spell to turn himself into a male pony, so that he can trick Rarity into going on a date with him.

Rarity will seem to be fooled - but really won't be, and will reveal as much near the end.

Spike will decide to switch back to himself (not an easy decision for him), but will require that the spell be broken by some magic from Rarity. Unfortunately, she will have hurt her horn somehow previously in the episode. Luckily, a kiss will also reverse the spell...

Twilight: "Wait! It says that there's another way to transfer the reverse spell..." [shows spell to Rarity]

Rarity: [reads spell] "Oh!"

Pinkie Pie "`Oh?'...[reads spell] OHHHHH!" [makes you're-gonna-get-it smirk @ Spike]

Spike "Oh...what?"

Rarity [big grin, half-mast eyes, approaches Spike]

Spike [nervous laugh] "Heh heh...uh, Rarity, whatcha doin'...?"

*the magics*

This sounds like it would be a pretty cool thing to happen in Season 4! I have yet to hear a lot about it but one of my friends uncles works for Hasbro so I have a some leaked photos! If you want to see them, PM me and I gladly send you them!

- Jason

It could be an interesting episode. Maybe Twilight could do it as a spell.  She may be more powerful since she is an alicorn, or it may be some magic item not mentioned in the show before like the alicorn necklace thing or the pool that Pinkie used to make all those Pinkies.  It could help Spike learn more about himself and how though he liked being a pony he prefers himself as a dragon and goes back to how he use to be, or Twilight figures out how to turn him back.   There may be humorous scenes indeed as he adjusts to his new body. 

The mention of the Main 6 could be an interesting episode or fanfiction also, or a world where the ponies are dragons and the dragons are ponies.

Edited by Kulstor

Well I will like to put something down but everyone already said it. 

But I think it well be a good episode but they well never do it. :( I hope one day they put a episode of Spike and Sweetie Belle like Spike something make him have a big crush on Sweetie Belle. I well like to see that episode I think Spike and Sweetie Belle they look good to together but it only a dream episode. :(

Maybe someone well make a animation of Spike turn him a pony and all the main 6 character will help him out but Sweetie Belle was the one how help him the most. I can go on but I think you people got the hit.

Will that all I have to tipe Fox801 Signing Out!! B)

If he became a Pony only for one episode I think everyone would generally accept it and like the episode.

Now I have a gut-feeling if he did permanently change, we'd have a much bigger problem than how people reacted to Twilicorn on our hands.

• Brohoof 1

I'd love to see an episode like that. I think spike as a pony (or more appropriately; a filly, given his age (he is referred to as a baby dragon after all)) would be awesome.

• 1 year later...

@@Appledash lover, @

As your threads essentially ask the same question and have lead to similar discussions I have merged the two. Any discussion relating to the character Spike and if he was a pony should go here.

Thank you. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here's what I think would happen

Twilight was learning a spell about changing stuff and decides to try it out but she accidently uses it on spike and he becomes a pony. The episode revolves around the ponies reactions and how they interact with him now he is a pony. Twilight contacts princess celestia and she turns him into a dragon again

Shoot...I'm trying to imagine how Spike would need to adjust to being a pony, and I think not-having-opposable-thumbs would be one of the biggest adjustments for him.

I don't think it'd change the way the other characters treat him, but it might change the way he views himself if he realizes that, because he's not used to his pony body, he'd feel useless because he can't accomplish anything.

A little thought what if spike was not a dragon and was changed into a pony what would his cutie mark be what color would he be. Would he be a Pegasus or a unicorn or maybe an earth pony this is an interesting thought i had...

Well i think his mark would be somewhere along the times of a pa or assistant since that's what his true calling is. i don't see the problem with keeping his colour scheme the same purple with green hair although that might be a turn off for Rarity :P i'd have much preferred to see him as a pone in EQ that a dog :P

Belongs more in Show Discussion, so I'm moving this there.

An interesting question. I'd be curious to see if his relationship and interactions with any of the Mane Six would change, and how. Maybe he'd have more of a chance for getting Rarity to go out with him if he were a pony xP

He would still be 8 years old...

Yep, that would be an interesting relationship.

op, i cant even imagine if spike was a dragon pony thing woops.
lets keep it that way, it makes him just a bit different instead of almost everyone else being a lil horse person. c:

Edited by Psycrow