Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can't see image galleries

FinalGamer

I'm trying to look at the image galleries the forumites here have. I can see the thumbnails but soon as I look at the pic itself, it just won't load at all and doesn't show.

I'm wondering if my NoScript is preventing me from seeing them but I dunno what server/source/IP the pics are from so I don't wanna risk turning all the NoScripts off.

Any advice?

I can tell you its 100% safe to turn off noscript for this website, so if you can white list this website...

maybe noscript isn't even the issue, but if you turn it off and it works, then you'd know it is.

I'm fairly certain it would use a script of some sort, because when you right click on the image it has a different thing pop up, instead of the normal "boring" right click thingo.

Posted Image

Edited by Flare

(edited)

I can tell you its 100% safe to turn off noscript for this website, so if you can white list this website...

maybe noscript isn't even the issue, but if you turn it off and it works, then you'd know it is.

Oh it's not THIS site I had it on for, it's all the little advertisers and such because I HATE advertisements...but I'll have a li'l check and see.

......nnnnnnnoooo it's not NoScript, any other suggestions?

Edited by FinalGamer

Can you post a screenshot, please, and tell us which browser + version you're using?

On a side note... as a webmaster myself, I just wanted to make sure you were aware that running sites costs money. Many webmasters rely on advertising to fund their sites, including myself, so you might think you're making a site cleaner for yourself when you're actually hurting it. There are site owners who misuse and abuse ads, but having a blanket "I don't browse with ads!" policy harms the legitimate ones, too.

(edited)

Can you post a screenshot, please, and tell us which browser + version you're using?

On a side note... as a webmaster myself, I just wanted to make sure you were aware that running sites costs money. Many webmasters rely on advertising to fund their sites, including myself, so you might think you're making a site cleaner for yourself when you're actually hurting it. There are site owners who misuse and abuse ads, but having a blanket "I don't browse with ads!" policy harms the legitimate ones, too.

Yanno I never understood that, I always thought that the ads were still being "shown" even if your OWN browser rejects them...and as much as I know there are good guys out there, I HATE advertising so much, it drives me insane. But...tell you what.

I'll be fair, I'll give you a screenshot of the problem and my browser, as well as my NoScript and you can tell me what ads your site has I should leave on, or at least ones you know I can trust...okay? ^ ^; I don't mean to hurt anyone nice, I'm sorry.

Here ya go. Also it's Mozilla Firefox ver. 9.0.1

Edited by FinalGamer

Yanno I never understood that, I always thought that the ads were still being "shown" even if your OWN browser rejects them...and as much as I know there are good guys out there, I HATE advertising so much, it drives me insane. But...tell you what.

I'll be fair, I'll give you a screenshot of the problem and my browser, as well as my NoScript and you can tell me what ads your site has I should leave on, or at least ones you know I can trust...okay? ^ ^; I don't mean to hurt anyone nice, I'm sorry.

Here ya go. Also it's Mozilla Firefox ver. 9.0.1

Oh, this isn't NoScript causing the problem. The image itself is broken. This is another issue entirely. I just rebuilt the album, so check back now.

On the advertising issue, there are no ads on this site, as MLP Forums is funded by donations. But my two Wii U sites are extremely dependent on them.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, this isn't NoScript causing the problem. The image itself is broken. This is another issue entirely. I just rebuilt the album, so check back now.

On the advertising issue, there are no ads on this site, as MLP Forums is funded by donations. But my two Wii U sites are extremely dependent on them.

Aaaaaah okay. I never go to your Wii U forums though, sadly, that's something I'm clueless on. Glad to know that I'm not harming this site at least, thank you!

Which album did it happen in? It could probably use a rebuild.

It happened in my own album, I think it was just internet lag mixed with the size of the GIF