Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your Mom like?

Arcus (Silver Lining) Wind

It's really been forever since I've seen my mom. We were very close, and I sometimes wish I'd become a better daughter. I love my mom so much, and it's hard to see each other without arguing. Honestly, I'm very thankful for her and I miss her so much, I wouldn't have become the person I am without her.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

She's very nice. She sometimes interfere my privacy (which I don't like). Even though she knows that I like a show with colorfull ponies, she never offended me for that (she don't like the show at all). She provided me with everything I've today. And thanks to her I'm much better person than I really was. 

She sometimes anger at me for nothing and then I get really annoyed but other than that she loves me very much. Even more than my younger siblings. 

Edited by An Admirer
  • Brohoof 2

She's probably the one I can identify the most with as far as my immediate family. She seems to understand things the rest of them don't get and it's nice to have that. My mom is really the greatest person I know. :wub:

Old. ;)

My mother is a very complex person, and wasn't as involved in my day to day life as my parents divorced when I was about eight and then moved to Florida. 

That said, while she was deficient and absent as a parent when I was young, she is a remarkable grandparent ... and a completely different person than she was when I was a kid. 

My mom isn't typical of the Donna Reed template. I never got along with her and haven't even seen her since I was young. I don't think she's typical of most mothers. I think most moms and parents are good or at least try to be. I still try to think about what's motivated her to be who she is and to make sense out of her before passing any real judgement on her. 

Rather dead, at the moment. But to answer the question properly, she was awesome. A bit overprotective at times, perhaps, but not in the way that I wasn't allowed to do stuff, more that she'd just spend a lot of time worrying if I'd be alright. She really did everything she could to give my sister and me the best and most comfortable lives we could possibly have, and I love all the nights I spent with her in our kitchen, listening to weird music on Youtube, mostly music she knew from the late seventies. All around, she was a great person and despite the morbid jokes I make all the time, even now, more than seven years after her death, I still think of her a lot.

(edited)

Well let's see...my mom is funny, a bit overprotective, stubborn (must be where I get my stubbornness :lie:), surprisingly respects my privacy and has a bit of a temper, but really I couldn't ask for a better mom. Yes she gets on my nerves daily but what mother doesn't annoy their kids? :lol: 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

She's a very strong, independant woman who raised me right when I was her only son. She took the time to watch over me and my little brother and she doesn't judge what we do in our spare time

• Brohoof 1

I miss my mom sometimes, she was alright when we got along though.  Sometimes her behaviour was questionable but most of the time she tried her best to take care of my older brother and myself.  She was a single mother since her and my other parent divorced when we were young.  I don't even remember the other side of my family, I just know my mother's side...  Anyways, sometimes it seemed like she would only love you if you did what she wanted but other times she was okay.  She wasn't the best mom but she wasn't overly terrible, she made sure we did things she wasn't allowed as a kid like going to camp and stuff like that.

Over the recent years out relationship became strained since we had different opinions on things and when I came out, she didn't want to speak to me anymore.  I try to reach out to her every so often to see if she's ready to talk to me again but sometimes I wonder if my life is better without my mom.  I'm just glad I can transition now, it's been very helpful with my mental health.  When I still lived with my mom and I was struggling with my gender identity she would say some pretty insensitive stuff about trans people as if to thwart me from going down the path I'm going down now.  I miss her but sometimes I feel that our separation is best, for the moment at least.

My mom is fairly laid back, enjoys the simple things in life, can be overly protective, and loves hot tubs.

(edited)

My mom could beat up your mom, but she's too polite and well mannered. She loves Jesus too. My mom is really traditional and hard working, and I like that. I've met too many people at school with really weird moms, or sometimes no moms.

Edited by Hachiroku

My mother  is the "tough love" kind, which I appreciated her for that. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

She hates people in general, dislikes children, is adverse to relationships and allergic to responsibility. And it is awesome because I am exactly the same. She is like a friend. She was never prepared to be a mother to begin with. The same way I was never meant to be a father. So, it is perfect despite our arguments.

Also, I've seen other mothers and how they pressure their famlies to work and do sh*t. Not the case in this home. Here we are all laid back and taking the easy way in life. It's really good.

Because she can allow herself to act like a capricious child. And so do I. Yes, we have our problems. But screw it, relationships take responsibility. And nobody wants to hear that word in this home.

Also, I've seen a lot of violence commited against women across different cultures. Not that women cannot be abusive themselves. But I am immensely grateful that she is safe from these elements. And I used to blame her the same way she blamed her own mother. But no. Now that I understand this effed up world a little better. I realize how fortunate I am for having a mother like her. Because her own mother was strict, distant, and often hit her. Which only earned her the spite of my mother.

"You deserve to die of cancer". Those were one of the last words from her to her terminal mother. Yes, she is troubled, anti-social, hates the whole world, and thinks normal people are monkeys. She is exactly like myself. And I love her in spite of all.

She's the best. Introverted and understated in the same way that I am, but also intelligent and kind and interesting. I don't speak to my parents that much, but the only real negative thing I could say about my mother is that sometimes she could stand to be more logical. She makes decisions based on emotions and whims sometimes, a line of thinking I don't think I will ever understand.