Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Movie Discussion

Discordian

Just discuss movies in general!

I saw Despicable Me for the first time the other day. I loved it. I still can't get over this guy's face:

Posted Image

When Gru asked him if he had a sense of humor and it showed his face I was like "Dude, he just serious'd all over your fun"

Favorites...

Pulp Fiction, Apocalypse Now, Army of Darkness, Jacob's Ladder, Corpse Bride, Leon, Amile, Boondock Saints, Sweeney Todd, and the new Star Trek probably make up my current top ten.

Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog gets an honorable mention for being both a bloody great movie, and a free to watch movie. Comes highly recommended.

• Brohoof 1

Saw Real Steel two days ago, it was actually better than expected.

The special fx for the robots are also pretty good.

Yeah SA gave it a thumbs up, said for me to expect to be entertained.

I'm not really a frequent movie watcher, but anything Pixar is on my list. Bruce Almighty is also one that I've really liked.

Yeah, I don't watch movies much at all. Been watching more lately thanks to my friend who watches movies moving in with me though. Only reason I ever saw movies like The Ugly Truth were because of her. lol

Oh and Gummy, I don't know what that movie is. Don't hate me. :(

Its by the Coen brothers (Fargo, True Grit, No Country for old men) Its hard to describe it other than hilarious. The plot doesnt revolve around bowling I can assure you.

Been watching Halloween related movies recently. (gosh, I wonder why?) ;) Anyway, watched the Nightmare Before Christmas the other day. Now that's a classic. Absolutely brilliant. And so is its counterpart Corpse Bride. I tell ya, Tim Burton's a genius for these things. :D

Ah, Hocus Pocus. I haven't seen it in forever but I've always found the lady who plays the main witch ugly as sin thanks to that movie. Even if she's not always ugly like in HP I can't stop thinking back to it and thinking "God, she's ugly"

Ah, Hocus Pocus. I haven't seen it in forever but I've always found the lady who plays the main witch ugly as sin thanks to that movie. Even if she's not always ugly like in HP I can't stop thinking back to it and thinking "God, she's ugly"

IMO its a terrible movie but I watch it every year. Now Christmas Vacation is a great xmas movie and hilarious to boot. Glad that movie is a tradition as well.

I think our only tradition holiday-wise is when Christmas comes around my mom watches nothin' but Christmas movies. It would help if we got one of those "classics collections" with the old Rudolph and stuff on it.

But we still have some movies like The Santa Claus 1 and 2, Rudolph and the Island of Misfit Toys, etc.

Christmas being my favorite holiday ever I can never get tired of these movies. I sing Christmas songs all year long though and it pisses my brother off. I don't do it intentionally, the songs just sorta...come out. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen

"Diary of the dead"?

Wasn't a big fan, to be honest. Zombie movies have gone way down hill if you ask me.

(not that they were ever super great, but still)