Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Movie Discussion

Discordian

So apparently my ex hasn't seen a lot of great movies even though she's a big movie watcher.

She hasn't seen:

The Fifth Element

Underworld 1 and 2

The Matrix Trilogy

Indiana Jones 1, 2 and 3

Die Hard 1-4

She says she doesn't watch action movies much but...how can she know if she likes them or not if she's never actually watched them? :P

Though I should take the Matrix on there cuz we watched those a couple weeks ago but before that she had never seen them.

As much of a movie watcher she is, she still hasn't seen the greats. I'm going to remedy that. Within the next few days we are gonna watch Silent Hill.

I just watched the movie 1408. Damn that was a good movie and I'm glad it ended the way it did, with him toasting the damn room. The whole time I was like "Don't you dare do what the others did!"

And of course, the last thing that happened was priceless. xD

My favorite movie of all time is Jurassic Park. So I was really happy that it was recently released on Blu-ray. I also learned some neat facts during the making of all 3 films. Plus, I'm sure the video was upscaled since HD wasn't available back then(?), but the picture quality looks like it was shot with HD.

So apparently my ex hasn't seen a lot of great movies even though she's a big movie watcher.

She hasn't seen:

The Fifth Element

Underworld 1 and 2

The Matrix Trilogy

Indiana Jones 1, 2 and 3

Die Hard 1-4

She says she doesn't watch action movies much but...how can she know if she likes them or not if she's never actually watched them? :P

Though I should take the Matrix on there cuz we watched those a couple weeks ago but before that she had never seen them.

As much of a movie watcher she is, she still hasn't seen the greats. I'm going to remedy that. Within the next few days we are gonna watch Silent Hill.

I just watched the movie 1408. Damn that was a good movie and I'm glad it ended the way it did, with him toasting the damn room. The whole time I was like "Don't you dare do what the others did!"

And of course, the last thing that happened was priceless. xD

Honestly haven't seen any of those.

._,

• 2 weeks later...

New Pixar movie in the works.

Looks like crap, the story seems like a combination of How to Train Your Dragon and Mulan. The characters look ugly to watch for an hour and the humor appears average...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYg0VgPy6Uk

this one?

I'm cautiously optimistic about it, though I haven't seen either of the movies you mentioned above. The environments are downright beautiful, though I'm kind of on the fence about how the human characters look. They did a nice job with the main character's hair, though.

Edited by Zoop

I'm cautiously optimistic about it, though I haven't seen either of the movies you mentioned above. The environments are downright beautiful, though I'm kind of on the fence about how the human characters look. They did a nice job with the main character's hair, though.

Yep that's it.

The environments are definitely quite beautiful but the characters look badly done. They have another trailer that out that will show you what I mean when it comes to ugly characters.

I'm not excited as it seems like the 2 movies I mentioned before...which are definitely worth watching :P

They have another trailer that out that will show you what I mean when it comes to ugly characters.

Yeah, I see what you mean now. Some of those characters are... yeah. -_-

• Brohoof 1

I saw Remember the Titans when I was in 9th Grade, I remember liking it actually.

Or was it Friday Night Lights that I saw...

One of the two.

Also, about Brave. I hadn't heard of it until just now but that trailer alone doesn't show me anything, I'll have to look at another trailer.

Okay, saw another trailer. I love when Pixar does things like that with characters, it's basically saying they are taking cartoony characters and making them 3D. It's a little awkward at first, I admit, but once you get into the movie it's hardly noticeable.

Anypony know if "in Time" is any good, I'm thinking about seeing it but not if it sucks :P

My husband and I both were pleasantly surprised by this movie. We went to see it because we like to go to the theater and out to dinner for dates and NOTHING else seemed to look good at all. Anyhow, I really liked it. I'm not big into dissecting things and I couldn't tell you anything more then that I like it. :lol:

Also, about Brave, my opinion is that Pixar hasn't put out anything that isn't good yet, so I'm withholding judgement until it comes out. I mean really, when you saw the previews for UP about a guy with balloons on his house and a fat little boy it looks like they weren't possibly going to be able to do anything interesting with it. I was WOWed by that movie. So yeah, I'm looking forward to Brave myself, if only for the fact that it's a Pixar movie.

I like the third Toy Story best. The series was always good but I feel it got better as the series went on. First was good, second was better, third was fantastic.

Plus they spawned the Buzz Lightyear Of Star Command series which I also love. (Dat Mira)

My husband and I both were pleasantly surprised by this movie. We went to see it because we like to go to the theater and out to dinner for dates and NOTHING else seemed to look good at all. Anyhow, I really liked it. I'm not big into dissecting things and I couldn't tell you anything more then that I like it. :lol:

Also, about Brave, my opinion is that Pixar hasn't put out anything that isn't good yet, so I'm withholding judgement until it comes out. I mean really, when you saw the previews for UP about a guy with balloons on his house and a fat little boy it looks like they weren't possibly going to be able to do anything interesting with it. I was WOWed by that movie. So yeah, I'm looking forward to Brave myself, if only for the fact that it's a Pixar movie.

Thanks, I wasn't sure whether I should see it.

Up was awesome :3

I like the third Toy Story best. The series was always good but I feel it got better as the series went on. First was good, second was better, third was fantastic.

Plus they spawned the Buzz Lightyear Of Star Command series which I also love. (Dat Mira)

the 3rd movie made me cry.

It was amazing.