Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Movie Discussion

Discordian

Just discuss movies in general!

I saw Despicable Me for the first time the other day. I loved it. I still can't get over this guy's face:

Posted Image

When Gru asked him if he had a sense of humor and it showed his face I was like "Dude, he just serious'd all over your fun"

Totally looks like: http://pixar.wikia.com/Henry_J._Waternoose_III

Minstrel: [singing] Brave Sir Robin ran away...

Sir Robin: *No!*

Minstrel: [singing] bravely ran away away...

Sir Robin: *I didn't!*

Minstrel: [singing] When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled.

Sir Robin: *I never did!*

Minstrel: [singing] Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about, and valiantly, he chickened out.

Sir Robin: *Oh, you liars!*

Minstrel: [singing] Bravely taking to his feet, he beat a very brave retreat. A brave retreat by brave Sir Robin.

Oh monty python is great.

French Soldier: I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Sir Galahad: Is there someone else up there we can talk to?

French Soldier: No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

What I liked most about The Final Destination was the fact that the characters didn't just sit around hoping things would be better and waiting to die like the rest, they actually tried to fight to live. :P

I just saw The Final destination last night. Omygosh that movie was amazing and gross at the same time!!!!

Ugh that movie was terrible D:

I know that horror movies don't 100% obey the laws of physics but this was just silly the way a car explosion somehow launches an engine across a race track and an entire mall blows up in some silly chain reaction of conveniently placed explosives... -.-'

What do you guys think about a Halo movie, would it fail or not?

I think a Halo movie would have definite potential to be pretty bloody good; the lore is there, it's just a matter of how they'd go about using it.

Fall of Reach movie? Yes, please.

Combat Evolved movie? I'll stick to the game.

... in the end it'd probably fall flat on its face like every other game movie, though.

Edited by Zoop
  • Brohoof 1

I think a Halo movie would have definite potential to be pretty bloody good; the lore is there, it's just a matter of how they'd go about using it.

Fall of Reach movie? Yes, please.

Combat Evolved movie? I'll stick to the game.

... in the end it'd probably fall flat on its face like every other game movie, though.

I liked the Prince of Persia movie. I don't know if it did well or not though.

I liked the Prince of Persia movie. I don't know if it did well or not though.

I'd forgotten about that one, actually. :lol:

I've heard mixed things about it, but having never seen it myself I can't really comment either way as to its quality.

As for how it did...

The film has ultimately earned $90,759,676 in the United States and Canada and $244,394,967 in other countries, for a total worldwide gross of $335,154,643 and has become the highest-grossing video-game adaptation ever worldwide, overtaking previous record holder Lara Croft: Tomb Raider and Mortal Kombat.