Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The S.S. Romantic (RP)

MelancholicMemory

Link to OOC Topic: http://mlpforums.com/topic/40644-the-ss-romantic-romance-based-rp/

Description:

This is a sequel to The Camping Trip

Several months after the camping trip the original campers gather to take a Hearth's Warming Eve cruise on the S.S. Romantic. Many other ponies are vacationing and possibly hoping to find  true love on this trip as well. However, this trip may not turn out exactly as expected...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moonbeam hummed happily as she packed her things for the upcoming trip. She stopped in contemplation for a minute before going over to a cabinet and removing a wooden recorder-like instrument covered in strange markings. "Just in case," she thought as closed she placed it gingerly in her bag before closing it. She snatched up her bag, and she placed her Santa Claus hat on her head, her ears sticking out adorably. She waltzed out the door cheerfully, locking it behind her. She walked past the edge of town, listening to the soft voices of carolers being carried by the wind. She soon arrived at her friend, Star Song's house. She knocked twice with a gentle smile on her face.

• Brohoof 1

Somber Tones was shaking like crazy as he approached the large ship. Even though he won a free trip to relax on this cruise, he didn't like big things. Or things on water. Or big things on water. Or things that sink. Or big things tha-- You get the picture. He's scared.

Why he would decide to waste his Hearth's Warming Eve to ride something that could end his life, he did not even know. Beside him were his his luggage bags, and a guitar case. He always loved to play the guitar while he was singing. It helped him calm his nerves. Let's just hope that his nerves were totally calm for this... He stood in line, waiting to enter the ship.

Bright Spark was eager to go. He had paid alot of Bits for this trip, and he was going to enjoy every moment of it. He wasnt rushing to pack his bags either. He took his glasses, some sunscreen, And a book or two. He closed the trunk and set off for the pier where the S.S. Romantic was.

Yavolin decided to conceal his appearance he put on a mask and cape to make himself look different. Then he went off to the ship the s.s Romantic, but he remembered Stacy from camp he still felt horrible about how everything ended on a bad note.  on his way there he practiced to keep his voice in a every free forest accent.

As stacy packed she couldnt help but wonder how the trip was going to go. She suddenly remembered a conversation she had with Little Hop.

(Flash back)-a few weeks after the camping trip.

Little hop brought Stacy some tea and poured her a glass. Hop sighed and spoke up, "Stacy, what wrong with you? Every since that camping trip you've completly changed. Youre not..you any more." She said watching stacy nervusly look out her window. She replied, "Yeah im fine. Theres nothing wrong with me, i think youre crazy."

"Stacy ive been both your therapist and your best friend for years, dont tell me somethings not up. Youre a nervous wreck. You jump at the smallest things and i-i just dont know whats going on." A time went off and stacy yelped. Little Hop sighed, "See, thats right there is what im talking about. Look, theres a cruise in a few months and i want you to go. I'll pay for the tickets you just worry about relaxing." Stacy looked at Little hop with worry. "A cruise? Like a trip? No im not going anywhere, im not leaving ponyville. Im staying here and you cant force me to go." Little hop was annoyed by this. "Youre going, wether you like it or not. Now come sit down and drink your tea before it gets cold..."

(Present day)

Stacy closed her bag with a sigh and collected her stuff, bringing her guitar, the ocarina and the instrument she had made. She went down the stairs and called to her mom. "Im leaving for the cruise. See you in a few weeks."

"Alright, have fun." Her mom replied from the kitchen.

"Fun.....right." She thought and headed out the door.

Rose Petal was sitting in her garden, sulking. She had full bags beside her. She sits there, obviously thinking dark thoughts until a head poked up from on the other side of the hedges that bordered her property. The head didn't escape her notice, and she said, "I still can't believe you're making me do this, Descant." 

The head, whose name was Descant, smiled and responded, not unkindly, "Rose, you're always sitting in here alone on Hearth's Warming. Am I really so horrible for booking you a ticket on a cruise? Lighten up! It'll be fun. I'll even walk with you to the ship."

Rose sighed. *That figures,* she thought. *Descant's only coming to make sure I actually get on the ship.* 

"Well, come on, Rose. You shouldn't be sitting around here any longer. We don't want to risk you being late, and you need to meet some ponies." Descant had to half-drag her a half a mile before she realized there was no point arguing and just walked beside him.

After a lengthy hike, Descant said, "Wow.... Would you take a look at that ship..." And indeed, the SS Romantic was a majestic vessel, and larger than any other Descant had ever seen. "Wow... I wish I could have afforded a second ticket so I could have come too... Well, Rose, safe travels, and don't forget to have fun!"

Rose made the rest of the journey down to the ship alone, and got in line to board, not looking like the happiest mare ever to go on vacation.

Yavolin made it to the ship, he presented them his ticket. The guards even had the nerve to ask him to remove his mask and cape, so he spoke in his best ever free forest accent."Sorry, i can't i had a little accident with the fire so yea, can't remove it till it heals". They let him bored the ship with his mask and cape on.

After about an hour how hauling her luggage, Stacy finally made it to the S.S.Romantic. She got in line and had to wait another 30 minutes before she could present her ticket and board. When she reached her room she threw all her stuff in one corner not bothering to unpack. Hopping onto her bed she breathed in the ocean air. "Maybe this trip will turn out well after all." She said trying to convince herself but to no avail. She got up and decided to take a walk around the ship to get a view of the ocean. Reaching the deck she shivered. "Buck, i forgot my scarf." She said under her breath. She could see the small white cloud as she let out her breath and cursed for forgeting such an essential item at her cabin.

Star was in her room packing all her warm clothes into a small backpack.

She put on a bulky winter coat, then a life jacket then another thin coat over top.

Then there was a knock at the door. 

"Im Coming, Im coming." She called, Taking off the life jacket and two coats, then running to the door.

"MOONBEAM." She squealed, Giving her friend a hug. "I am still just packing up." She said, Gesturing for Moonbeam to come inside. 

"I'll be right back." Star Ran up the stairs, grabbed her bag and one of the coats. "They'll have life jackets on board." She thought, Flying back down the stairs and into the living room to get all or some of her instruments. "I think I am going to bring... My Hammered Dulcimer, My guitar, My Violin... Not the same one as the camping trip though, that one means allot to me and I wouldn't want it getting wet." She said, Putting her Hammered Dulcimer into its case and placing it over her back. "Its a little bit bulky but I should be fine... How are you ?" She asked, excitedly, Grabbing one of her violins and her guitar.

(OOC:This is a hammered dulcimer, If you are wondering. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxjpYHhfRyI)

Edited by ~Flame Dancer~

Marisa smiled with glee as she packed her bags to head out to the S.S. Romantic for almost a month! She couldn't wait as this was going to be her first date with Sky, a whole month with him on a cruise would be like a whole month in heaven. The thought of packing clothes came up, but she didn't really need anything but maybe a scarf for the start and the end of the trip, they were heading out from the docks and that lead into the more heated area of Equestria, then when they came back it would get cold again, so it wasn't that bad.

She had recently been writing a fiction story involving those things called 'humans' that Lyra keeps obsessing about, she had researched all she could about humans from Lyra to make sure her story was correct. At first, the fact they always wore clothes seemed unnecessary, but when she saw more pictures, she quickly confirmed they needed clothes. She wouldn't be able to imagine half the things they find socially acceptable, they were so weird, having more than one date before they mated? Wouldn't you want to reproduce and get on with it? Of course, were supposed to keep this under 18, so were going to stop there.

Marisa finished packing her bags and started to head out the door, when there was a knock. She put down her bags and opened the door, "Is Marisa home?" the stallion joked, Marisa smiled and gave him a big hug, "Don't worry, i will be safe, i have Sky to protect me" she assured him. "I'm sure he will, just try and stay out of the parties and clubs they hold on those cruises, they can get really crazy, trust me, i'm still trying to scrub my brain clean after that." Marisa chuckled and nodded, "Will do, i hope that thing your going to goes well" "You mean 'Project Carrion'?" "Yeah yeah whatever, have fun" "Were testing out dark magic Marisa..." "Exactly, fun!" "You know, you haven't mentioned my name once this whole time, i think you're losing your touch..." Marisa laughed and playfully punched him on the shoulder. "Fine, have fun at Project Carrion, 'Arcane'." "Much better. Now you better get going, your cruise is going to leave without you."

Arcane left and Marisa picked up her bags again and headed for the docks.

When Marisa arrived there was a hefty line in front of her, 'Oh great, i have to wait here for ages while carrying heavy bags.' she thought. She put down her bags and waited for the line to move, every time it did she would move her bags up some more.

Edited by Ponyworld Destroyer
  • Brohoof 1

Yavolin went to his cabin , once there he began to put his stuff on his bed. He still had his mask and cape on and he planed to keep it on mostly because of what had happen to him at camp every pony who saw his face rejected him so he decided to not show his face to any pony. Once he was done he went out into the dinning room.

Edited by Prince_Morningstar
  • Brohoof 1

Stacy walked around the deck some more and went to the side of the ship where everypony was boarding. She quickly glanced at each pony to see if she recognized any of them. But none from wich she could see. She continued to walk around and then slip. She feel onto the deck and picked herself back up. Looking back she noticed a small patch of ice. "Figures.." She said a little annoyed and eritated. It seemed like she always eritated now, like she had changed. She trotted back to her room and gave no more thought about the ice.

Somber makes his way onto the boat, and up to his room. To be truthful, he only wants to just stay in this room and just sleep away the entire trip. Then, he had a idea. He took out his guitar and started strumming to one of his favorite tunes. He started singing."It's taken a lifetime to lose my ways....A lifetime... Of yesterdays...All the wasted times on my hands...Turns to sand... and fades in the wind..."((Gonna continue with this in a bit, have some things that require me to be AFK.))

Edited by Rockshire

Rose dragged her hooves, not incredibly happy. She didn't really want to go. But she knew Descant had paid good bits for this ticket, and she knew that he was still there, even if he was hiding, making sure she got on board. Grumbling slightly to herself, she got onto the ship and started walking, following a yellow arrow marked "cabins". Walking about halfway down the indicated hall, she found her room, and opened the door hesitantly. She immediately approved. The room was not too large, but not too small. And there was a vase of purple flowers sitting next to her bed. Rose smiled softly, then moved across the room, setting down her luggage as she went, and smelled the flowers. *Lilacs,* she thought. *How pretty.* 

She dug through one of her bags, and pulled out the fully stocked satchel she always kept with her. Why had she not just carried with her it in the first place? She stopped fussing over her things, abruptly, when she heard music. This wasn't the typical Vinyl Scratch stuff she had expected to hear. This was somepony actually taking out a guitar, and singing. Real music, in other words. Making sure her rose positioned correctly in her ear, she left her room and set out, hoping to find the source of the music. *May as well get to know somepony if I'm going to be stuck on this boat.*

Yavolin was alone in the dinning room so he began to go and look for Stacy so he could at least talk to her, he didn't know if she came or not but it didn't hurt to take a look as he was walking towards the door he fell on his bad wing."BLASTED IT ALL"! He hoped that some pony heard him. just then he began to drift off due to the pain.

Bright Spark waved to his friends and family, which one of them cursed, clearly missing her chance. But that wasnt important, He was here to relax, and have fun. potentially meet that very special somepony. He looked at his Paper "C3. Ok then" On his way, He saw a mare, Who looked like she was following the music she could hear. Might aswell talk right? "hey there. You looking for something?" 

"Hi, Star!"exclaimed Moonbeam, returning the hug. "I'm feeling fantastic! I can't wait for the trip! Do you want help carrying that?" she asked motioning towards the dulcimer. She had never seen such an instrument before and she was fascinated.

"Oh, and how have you been?" Moonbeam asked cheerfully.

Marisa finally got to the front of the line, she showed her ticket and climbed on board. She went to the front desk in the center of the ship and asked for the reserved room under the name of Sky. '116A' was the room number, she thanked the stallion at the counter and went to the deck her room was on. Level A, the highest class room you could get, they got worse the lower you went on the ship. She opened her room door and smiled at how great of a room it was, "Wow... Sky sure does know people" she thought out loud. She put down her bags and started to unpack her things. she hoped Sky got there soon, she didn't want to do everything alone.

Somepony had simply walked up and talked to her! She responded, somewhat distractedly, "Oh. Um... no. I just thought I heard something." Rose glanced around awkwardly. "Oh, wait, I mean yes. I was looking for someone to talk to, I guess. Don't want to be stuck on a boat with a bunch of ponies I don't know, right?" She laughed nervously.

Bright Spark could see that this mare was nervous. He had a nack for things like that. "yeah, might aswell get to know evrypony." He lent out a hoof, "the names Bright spark. Dont worry, theres no need to be nearvous. just have fun and be yourself." He was trying to be calm about it.

"I can manage thank you. And I have been fantastic. Stacy and I went to see Octavia and it was amazing. We got to meet her too, She was super nice." Star said, happily, Placing the dulcimer onto her back and strapping it around her arms. "Should I bring my Tin Whistle ? Why not." She thought, grabbing a small Penny Whistle on the mantle. "I Will See You In A Few Days Diamond."She called up the stairs. "Love ya Starry, Have a fantastic time." Diamond called from her room. 

Star Wrapped a scarf around her neck then strapped her backpack on top of her Dulcimer which was on top of her back. Then she picked up her Guitar and Violin. "Well... We dont want to be late." She said, Smiling.

Rose attempted to crack a small smile. "Oh. Hi." She took a deep breath, composing herself. "I'm Rose Petal. Sorry, I don't like boats much. I'd much rather still be back at home, tending to my garden." She started toying with the rose in her hair absentmindedly, lost in thought.

Yavolin awoke in extream amout of pain."Aw, blasted"! He had to find Stacy that's if she was on the boat he decided to look in the place were every pony was meeting at, he made sure his mask was on right, but with each step he took he made a painful grunt like something seemed to be hurting him.

Edited by Prince_Morningstar

"well its nice to meet you rose petal, but i dont know what its like on a boat. Because ive never been on one." There was an arkward silence. "well unless you want to talk a lttle more about the trip and evything, im going to get lost on the ship because of its size."

"It's nice to meet you too." Rose murmured. "The B class cabins are back that way." She flicked her tail in the direction from which she had come, and then continued on her way. She sighed. *I don't mind talking to new ponies, but I think I'd like a little warning next time.*