Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you release albums or singles?

Twilight Sparkle ✨

9 users have voted

1. 1. I release most of my music as...

• Albums
    • Singles

How do you typically release your music? In the form of albums, singles, or perhaps both?

Please vote in the poll and reply to this thread with an explanation of how you usually package your music releases.

The reason for this is, albums will not make it into the first alpha of Pony.fm. As an entity, they are hugely complex to deal with as far as data integrity is concerned, and they call for a very carefully designed artist interface to make their management a pleasure rather than torture. I'd like to use this discussion to judge how badly the feature is needed so I know where to place its implementation on my list of priorities.

i will mostly likely be releasing most of my stuff as singles that way i can get my stuff out faster because it usually takes a while for me to make a song

Edited by Skullbuster

I primarily release songs as singles, because, like skullbuster said, it takes me a long time to create my music unless I'm working incredibly hard on it. I tried to do an album once before I was a brony. I still haven't released it because I'm not satisfied.

Ultimately I will just release singles, since when I make something I'm proud of I need to share it. (Heck it takes a lot of strength just to stop myself from posting unfinished products!) Not to mention I find it difficult to release lots of songs at once since over time my opinion may change.

I personally wouldn't put albums as an "up-there" priority, but definitely something to be implemented when the community grows. ^_^

Most of it i release Albums it takes me a time to create one track and i put 10 track or less in one album then i put it on my archive.

I going to release some singles too if i can ;)

So my choise is now Album but the official one is both of them

I work not so hard as that one above me i use samples and i do not take so long to create track

+1 For Bronies and music because the can go well together!

Hah, I'm the only album-er so far. :P

I like being able to suddenly dump a bunch of tunes on someone, so that they have more than just one track to listen to. That, and there's something inherently cool about being able to say "I released my third album last week..."

I do both, actually.

I release single whilst workingon an album so that anyone who would follow me would never run out of music from me. Most of my singles are quickly made or just a sudden desire or impulse to make one whilst my Albums are carefully made going through alot of process.

I usually do stuff in singles. Basically it's because with my pace of making music, releasing an album would probably leave any listeners of mine high and dry for like a year at a time XD. So I release a new song or so about every month or two it seems *shrugs*