Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Introduce yourself to the Pony.fm community!

Marcato

Hi guys! This is Carbon Maestro here, and nice to see that new musicians are appearing in the fandom. I'm a fairly well-followed one myself with over 4,000 subs, and I specialize in orchestral music. If you need me to review your song, I can do that, and you can check out my music and Brony music review episodes here:

Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/CarbonMaestro

Carbon Music Reviews:

Episode 1 (Living Tombstone, Mandopony, and WoodenToaster Review):

Episode 2 (Makkon, Ponyphonic, and SoGreatAndPowerful):

• Brohoof 1

I guess I'll do this! :3 I need to go search through Pony.fm, but for now, I'll introduce myself. smile.png

(It's in spoilers for size. :L)

There's tons of links in there, too. Boy, self-promotion is fun. :catface:

I... Am MatrixChicken. Well, that's my username here on the forums. I got started on music-making a few years back. 2010, I think it was. One day, one of my sisters downloaded a song. It was a techno song. We never really listened to any sort of electronic music before. We listened to classical and soundtrack a lot, and our dad was into gospel bluegrass. The song she downloaded was none other than one the top ones of 2010; Fireflies by Owl City. When I first heard it, I didn't like it. I don't know why, it was just... Weird.

I can't remember how I came to like the song, but I remember listening to it so many times that it... Well, somehow, it didn't get old! After that, we became all-out Owl City fans and listened to a ton of his songs. After that, I remember my sisters finding

and even a remix of the Chronicles of Narnia.

I had been a user on the LEGO Universe Creation Lab, a place for hosting videos, pictures, and other media of your LEGO creations. I went under the name of Nombo712 there. "What does this have to do with your musical history?" you might ask... Well, it all started with a brickfilming project I had started called "Allen". It was to be a possibly monthly show about Allen and his trials.

I needed music for this project. I eventually downloaded the free trial of FL Studio and derped around in it for a while. I ended up with an

for it, of which I was probably proud at the time. I ended up coining the horrendous artist name "Plaztech Wunder", Plaztech being the plastic that LEGOs are mad of and Wunder being... Well, who knows what I was thinking?

Anyways, I became a brony in January of last year. I didn't change my artist name right away, though. That happened a few months ago, when I made the switch to "Scootrix". I may not make music that often, but I hope to get better at it, as litening to music is a very wonderful thing, and making it isn't so bad either.

Thanks for reading. smile.png

~Nombo712

Edited by MatrixChicken
  • Brohoof 1

Hi! I'm Tom or K3wro in most places, and I've been working with electronic music since late 2011, I've been playing piano for more than 5 years.

My style usually consists of energy and speed, Mainly focusing in genres such as UK Hardcore, Drum and Bass, and Breakbeat (I like to image Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie in my music sometimes).

Even when my original intentions was to create remixes, most of my songs are original and I have an example, right here 

Anyway, hope this experience in PonyFM's a good one, because I'm loving the site already! C:

On here I am known as EarthbendingProdigy, I first discovered I had a talent for music at age 12 when I composed my first song before I could even read music, I just plugged in this keyboard that belonged to my grandpa and started playing. I soon started taking lessons, joined the school band composed more songs and was a quick study. When I got to high school I joined the jazz band and refined me skills even further as I got exposed to more and more forms of music and the types of songs I started to compose became more and more varied. For reasons I can't remember I lost interest, fell out of practice for a number of years and started to neglect my more creative side. Since I got into MLP though it has awoken my more creative side which has prompted to decide to get back into my music, I just bought a new keyboard have plans to start taking music classes and start composing again.

Ohai, I guess I should make a post here since I started posting some music yesterday.

I am Nightmare Lyre, a percussionist from the land of Skyri... erm Norway. I joined the fandom a month before the Season 2 opening and have stayed ever since.

My music is heavly based around genre mixing and experimentation, and I even made my own little genre called Lightshred (which is a mix of Power Metal, Prog, Orchestral, Thrash Metal, Electronic and using an Ukulele as a lead instrument) that I base a lot of my songs around. My philosophy is that I basically make whatever I feel like at the moment and I love jumping between all sorts of genres from time to time though =P

Edited by Nightmare Lyre

Hello, I'm III New Moon III.

I am a gamer who is, what I'd say, an active member on the forums. I am a former pianist, who's trying to relearn playing the piano to  play MLP:FiM, along with other music.

Edited by III New Moon III

Hey everypony! My name is APonyToRemember! I listen to just about anything but my specialties are rock and metal (all types) I also really like Classical, Orchestral, and House/Electronic Rock. I'm working on an album and have been for months now. Hopefully when it's complete I can post it on here and get some feedback! This also includes a Keyboard cover of "This Day Aria" by Daniel Ingram. See ya soon!

• Brohoof 3

Hey there,

my name is Naturematthe, and I am a composer and musician who loves classical music. As I do not have the equipment to record things, most of my compositions are created with synthetic sounds at the computer.

The works I usually publish are semi-orchestral works, which means I use classic instruments (the ones you find in an orchestra), but not (necessarily) all of them at once. I do not work with drum sets due to my lack of experience with it.

Hm... If you have questions, I do not mind answering them :)

• Brohoof 2

Well I guess I'll go ahead and introduce myself here. 

I'm Zygen, some of the MLP forum regulars will maybe know me, I like and enjoy music, while I've yet to make any pony music I have thought about doing some covers of MLP songs and posting them, but we'll just have to see I guess. 

I do play trumpet, so I have some musical experience, heck maybe I'll even get to play that some for y'all, eh maybe not the mic quality would probably suck, idk who knows hehe.

Anyways for now, I'm just a lover of music in general. I listen to a little of everything really at some point, I just love music. So i figured I'd check Pony.FM out, and it seems to be coming together nicely :D. We've got some already really talented artists here! and it only gets better!

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, i'm Jolteon, or better known as Shift. Some of the MLP Forum regulars might know me (Yup, stealing what Zygen said.)

I honestly can't do music at all. I like singing...um, even though I fail at it. I have thought about doing covers for songs, but i'll think about it.

I do like listening to songs. So, um, I came here for Ponystep and Chiptune. I'm waiting for a Chiptune Ponystep song. We've already got some good artists here, so, um, yay?

I also might throw together some playlists.

• Brohoof 4

Hey,

The name is Lunar Wing, DJ name L.X-Wing

I'm Just starting out my self. So far I'm just working on mixes. I'll start heading to the party's soon though, I have a few people who already love my mixes and one of them might even get me a DJ job at a club. happy.png

Hope to get to know you guy's.

If anyone has any Tip or has any advice for DJing, I'm always up to be criticized.

My sound cloud is linked to my Account should ya want to listen to my mixes as I put them up.

• Brohoof 2

Ayo, I'm Nilkad_Naquada, I'm into all sorts of electro and rock, as well as some jazz. I'm currently trying to make a song using the Caustic app, I've been working on it for a while and I've almost got something that comes close to being halfway decent. 

It's hard.

But anyway. Nice ta meet ya'll.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Haven't introduced myself here -- my name is Gabriel, though I commonly go by my penname "Shiek927" which has long-since been my screenname, socially. I'm here looking to, as part of so much else, trying to expand myself....Singing has always been one of the few talents that I naturally have, if everyone's compliments throughout my life are anything to go by, and I want to see if I could make something out of that.

I hope to learn as much as I can to improve my vocals and get myself out there, joining fan-projects and collabs and making friends if I'm lucky...noterity is fine, but I'm really just trying to narrow down and see what I want exactly I want to do with my life. I'm trying to dabble in many things, so I can better learn what clicks and what doesn't for me.

Edited by Shiek927
  • Brohoof 3

Welp, I guess I'll introduce myself here as well.

My name is Derek, but I often go by "AyoMistadurrk". I'm here to share what music I have made and to possibly meet some other artists and collaborate.

A little about myself: I mainly play guitar, but I lately I have started making chiptunes. I am very new to making pony music, and even to making chiptune!

Well, that's about all I can think of at the moment. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask! Also, to any other chiptune artists, I'd love to have a chat sometime. I'm still new to this so I'd appreciate any tips you have!

• Brohoof 2

Hey there this is SunSparkle~ I write songs but its been awhile since ive writen my last song. I also am in the mist of making meditation music w my native american flute that I brought when I when to a championship pow wow

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm haymaker, and I figured I'd try this place out!

I've been using pony music to sharpen my very rusty skills for a bit over a year and a half now. It's been a lot of fun.

I like to sing, I can play guitar as long as it doesn't get too wild, and I like to write music. Mostly simple rootsy stuff. I often collab with Zahqo who has a much different style then I, which is some of the most fun I've ever had making music. 

So there you go.  I uploaded my most recent project, a rock and roll song called "Sister Rock", if you're interested.  https://pony.fm/tracks/873-sister-rock

Love!

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Hello EveryPony Im SolarisFonFabre im a MLP Site Regular(Yes Im Stealing What Shift and Zygen said) I love all the Types of Music other then Country and Sometimes Dubstep.. I have some Musical Talent but im not real good :(... If you all don't mind i'll post songs of Great Song makers from Youtube.

Edited by SolarisFonFabre
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, everypony! I'm LadyButterfly! I love to write and rp, and have a few stories and/ or books up my sleeve. I love any type of art. I play violin, and in several art classes, and am in a hand-picked class of actors/actresses in a kid's acting program. My favorite pony is Twilight Sparkle mainly because I'm most like her and can relate to her problems. Most people in my class don't seem to like me very much because I love expressing myself through art, while they just follow the "in" thing and "popular stuff.  I play games like Minecraft, and love MLP and Fullmetal Alchemist.

That's myself, pretty much. ;)

• Brohoof 1

I'm Aaron, I have never been on a forum of any kind, so forgive me if I do something wrong. I enjoy doing reviews on animation; I am only a beginner though. I enjoy 80's rock, original music, and a little bit of dubstep.

Hello there! Im Dassboshit (Dj name= Dextronmatrix)

Im an Breakcore Artist and i love core music and remixing music

If you want to know about me go to here or here

I compose my own music too 8D

Sry i was much offline

My new entry:

Sup bronies!!!

My name'z Dj Dextonmatrix

I'm a remixer and i love core music

i have now 9 albums with remixes and created tracks