Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dramatic Readings, Podcasts, & Audiobooks

Twilight Sparkle ✨

My mom had the idea that Pony.fm could accommodate dramatic readings and audiobooks. On a technical level, they're audio files like any other so supporting them wouldn't be much of an issue (there'd simply be an option to categorize them as such).

But on a higher level, do you feel that they would be a meaningful to Pony.fm or do you think that keeping the site's content exclusively limited to music is a better idea?

I like the idea. Seems that fanfics are a big part of the community. But we shouldn't be limited to things like grimdark or clomp fics. I suggest a +18 section for those tho. Or you must log in and have an account with a age of +18 on it.

I like the idea. Seems that fanfics are a big part of the community. But we shouldn't be limited to things like grimdark or clomp fics. I suggest a +18 section for those tho. Or you must log in and have an account with a age of +18 on it.

You could technically do a dramatic reading of anything, not necessarily just 18+ stuff. I've actually seen some dramatic readings of threads from this forum, even.

Pony.fm will have provisions to host explicit music, so they could potentially be applied to dramatic readings, too. Such will be clearly marked so that you would never make the mistake of clicking into one by accident.

This is more about the actual idea of having dramatic readings on Pony.fm to begin with, since it is a site conceived for music.

Well master feld0 :P i'm for it sounds as a great idea for me plus the fact i would have some on my own well your mother had a really good idea if you ask me 

Plus,limiting Pony.fm just for music might make some unhappy ponies idk there might be a few which would like themselves to be heard...

+1 to your idea

I've been making audio dramas and stuff like those for ages! And I would certainly love it if such contents were allowed!

My songs include this dramatization and stuff because I'm trying to convey a story through dramatic voice overs and singing.

A much shorter version of my response would be:

"YES PLEASE!!"

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a chance that these sorts of audio content be allowed for Pony.fm? So long as they're pony related. Also, my album sorta has this Audio Drama feel to it so I guess this feature is worth the shot.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe there can be an "Audio Content" genre or something?

I dunno. Seems like a pretty good idea, especially when I finally can get to work on some episode overdub projects...