• Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

There. Are. No. Words!

Actually, there are a lot of them.

That was sooooo awesome :wub:

Luna entering dreams- canonized!

Scootalove- abundant!

Scootaloo as honorary sister to Rainbow Dash- canonized!

Scooter- lost in the river. The Worst Possible Thing :( I hope she gets a new one... although she may be flying soon and no longer have much need for it.

And still no letter to Celestia? Then again I guess Luna can tell her all about it ^_^

You know, I find it very visually representative that Scoots lost her scooter. By losing it and gaining Dashie as her official mentor and 'surrogate sister' who is now helping her to fly, this is her first step to be able to fly, meaning she won't need the scooter anymore, anyway, like you said. It was all very well-done. Something I'll cover later in my official post.

• Brohoof 10

I think Luna going into other ponies dreams is a little...weird. But then again, if she didn't, we wouldn't have had that great scene with her and Scootaloo so I dunno

Is it just me or is Rainbow out of character? That may just be from me not liking Dash too much, but she seemed like a bigger jerk then usual.

And yays for Luna! :D

Really? I think she was actually nicer than she has been, especially compared to season 2

• Brohoof 3

Although Scootaloo is not my favorite character in the show, it was pretty good. The one thing I liked about this episode was that Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash got some screen time together. It feels like after the Mare Do Well episode, the 2 have not had that much screen time with each other.

I would still like it if Scootaloo could not fly. I don't, I still like the idea of her not being able to fly.

Edited by pinkiefan1287

A Scootaloo-based episode with Luna, a not-obnoxious Rainbow Dash, and a nice resolution at the end. I definitely liked this episode.

And Celestia still waits in Canterlot for letters that will never be sent.

• Brohoof 5

But let's not forget the tragedy in this episode...

R.I.P Scootaloo's Scooter

2010 - 2012

scootaloo_scooter_vector_gif_by_xigger-d

Never forget... The awesomeness from that thing.  :(

• Brohoof 15

You know, I find it very visually representative that Scoots lost her scooter. By losing it and gaining Dashie as her official mentor and 'surrogate sister' who is now helping her to fly, this is her first step to be able to fly, meaning she won't need the scooter anymore, anyway, like you said. It was all very well-done. Something I'll cover later in my official post thing.

While she might not need it, she probably will get a new one to use. After all, she is call Scootaloo. I'm not even trying to make a joke. The scooter is basically her thing. I wouldn't say she was always using it to fly to begin with. Just to go fast. Speed is amazing.

• Brohoof 5

We DID learn from this episode that Scootaloo doesn't have a sister, so there is some truth to Scootaoprhan.

As for Rainbow Dash's snoring: Oh, how that is so often the case that the people who verbally complain and worry about snoring are snore-ers themselves...

• Brohoof 3

While she might not need it, she probably will get a new one to use. After all, she is call Scootaloo. I'm not even trying to make a joke. The scooter is basically her thing. I wouldn't say she was always using it to fly to begin with. Just to go fast. Speed is amazing.

Whether we see the scooter again in the future or not, it is still visually representative. She lost the scooter, a make-shift substitute for her inability to fly and to also be like the pony she always wanted to be, and gained that said pony who is teaching her to fly, in its place. Fate/the writers are literally giving us a clever wink and saying, 'she's moving forward'.

• Brohoof 17

How the hey do you already have that face? The show JUST got over! And you've even got it all cut out. even the notch in here ear! How you do dat?

Well I am fast making vectors I guess :P

Here is the link to the vector of her I posted on the forums.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/41370-evil-old-mare-in-the-woods-vector/?p=980195

I hope you like it, dont forget to comment.

• Brohoof 2

My Scootalove wants and needs are fulfilled; Dash and Scootaloo's sisterly relationship that I've wanted so long has now been fulfilled. I'm so happy, knowing that Scootaloo doesn't have to be sisterless no longer. It really goes to show that they know what they're doing with all the characters.

In Scoots' case, we don't know anything about her family, and she is unable to fly at the moment. She needed a pony like Dash for both scenarios, and I'm more than ecstatic they put her in like that. I'm curious to see how their wonderful sense of continuity carries on. Not to mention the crazy fan reactions from this. I've seen little Scootabuse, but whatever amount of it there is out there, it can finally die out fully, hopefully with a lack of arrogance from the fans. Seriously, if I see one negative fanfic/art resulting from this episode, so help me...

Anyways, overall, for me the Scootaloo/Dash relationship made me day, as well as the cuteness represented by the other CMC's sisters, but mostly Scoot and Dash. Luna's appearance was very well-done, she was really the reason why Scoot fessed up to Dash and started the forever-perfect relationship. I didn't find one thing wrong with this episode. It only brings more awesomeness to come. 10/10.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go to the hospital, I just got diabetes from the episode.

• Brohoof 19

The ending of this episode reminded me so much of one of my favorite lines in a fanfic ever. From Magnetism by Souldin

“Heh, well Fluttershy, the next time you dream you should have no fear. Just dream up an awesome me, and pow! They'll be nothing to fear.” Rainbow boasted with a grand grin, a contagious show of happiness that Fluttershy could not help but smile along with.

And now it has been more or less canonized :)

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 4

Best part was Scootaloo hopping around to pick up the branches. Also a lot of cute facial expressions. Fun to see Princess Luna again. My first guess was that she was training Twilight in the dream realm, but then it was explained why she was there. 

Gotta say it's one of the best episodes of the season. So much dawwwwwwww

• Brohoof 6

These episodes just keep getting better and better. The title is a bit of a misnomer however, considering that it's called "Sleepless in Ponyville" (and yes I know the reference here) yet the story itself doesn't take place in Ponyville. I call false advertising!

Now onto the episode. Apparently Scootaloo's been reading way too many fan fics because her "Dash takes me under her wing and treats me almost like a little sister" is straight out a dozen or so Scootalove fics, although that still doesn't subtract from the fact that this was a well needed episode in regards to the little Pegasus. Rarity is fabulous in this episode as well, all the gags with her, though expected from a character standpoint, never failed to get a laugh out of me, 

Then we have the sudden appearance of Luna. About time Luna got some screentime and showed that she can be just as kind towards her subjects as Celestia. Plus the way she carries out her task of having Scootaloo face her fears is pretty well done, with more implied then outright told so that Scootaloo will have to face it for herself. 

Last, but certainly not least, we have the crowning moment of heartwarming for the entire episode: the moment when Scoots reveals her fears to Dash. When I heard the synopsis for this episode, I knew that this scene could only go one way and have Dash be the comforting voice telling Scootaloo it's okay to be afraid as long as you face your fears. I can say with zero hyperbole that the writers deserve  a huge round of applause for not only succeeding in that regard but making it wonderfully incharacter for both Dash and Scootaloo.   

All and all, I have yet another episode to add to my favorite episodes list again. 

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 7

I am a huge Scootaloo fan, so, obviously, I loved this episode! :D

I like how it was centered all around Scootaloo, this was fantastic. I was afraid that it may not be. As I expected, Scootaloo's parents were not shown, as all of the episode takes place during the camping. I'm cool with that. We didn't find out anything more about Scootaloo, but we got some good character development.

Scootaloo was adorable all the way through, as one might obviously expect for the most adorable pony. I also quite liked Rainbow Dash in this episode. Far to often these days Rainbow has been rather lousy to people, and not as many people have been liking her. But here, we actually saw RD being really caring and sweet. I hope to see more of this in the future. :)

And yeah, wow, that was great, I loved it. Thanks to the people who made it so much! :D

• Brohoof 4

Luna.

LUNA!!!

LUNA!!!!!!

princess_luna_dancing_by_90sigma-d4x8bpc

I don't care if you think the episode was weak as heck. Princess Luna showed up, had more lines, played an important part in the episode, and her being the keeper of dreams has been made canon.

This. Episode. ROCKED!

However, I would like to bring up a thought that has occurred to me. You may harm me for bringing it up in five seconds after you've read this bit.

Have you noticed how each episode of the season so far seems to be showing things that at least some (or large) segments of the fans have been requesting? One could say that so far this entire season has been directed at appealing directly to bronies...

What is the point here? The point I have is...welll...the number of season episodes.

13 episodes, and we've gotten through six now. Seven left until Season 3 is over. Thus far, it seems this season is jam-packed with stuff to make bronies on the whole giddier than a foal after getting their cutie mark. Some fans are naturally worried about this season being shorter, and theories are flying. I'd simply like to point out that if Hasbro was going to stop the series that....well, this would be the way I'd do it. Pack a season with tons of stuff to appeal to its most ardent fans, enough to make them happy, then have an excellent season finale that leaves everyone at least...content, and then move on.

Personally, I highly doubt this, because from what I gather all signs seem to indicate we'll get more seasons, or at the very least that there is more ponies coming in some form after the end of Season 3. Nevertheless, it was a thought that occurred to me, and sense I don't like to thing about depressing things such as that on my lonesome, I decided to spread the potential misery :P

• Brohoof 12

1st of all: YAY! SCOOTALOO EPISODE! Nothing can possibly steal the show for me!

Anyways, it was a great episode. We get some sisterly bonding, more of Sweetie Belle singing, and Rarity was totally awesome. 

Oh, and Luna. So I guess that first statement was a total lie. 

I thought she'll just get some cameo (and then become the new Derpy (which she kind of did, considering they were both minor characters with wings voiced by Tabitha St. Germain that stole the show)), but, again, I was wrong.

And I do not regret it a single bit.  :lol:

Now, Luna's not only the Moon Princess, but the Princess of Dreams as well. Still, knowing that one of your two rulers can easily enter your dreams, and then find some things you don't want others to know, is kind of terrifying, but Luna uses that power well.

I hope.  :o

Season Three is just getting better each episode.

I was hoping for some rainbow eating, though. 

• Brohoof 4

Oh man, this episode.  All my feels.

I'm really glad Scootaloo finally got her own episode, and I know I'm not the only one.  Throughout the episode, I felt really bad for 'ol Scoots, simply because it was implied that she really doesn't have any relatives.  And when Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle bring their older sisters along for the camping trip, knowing Scootaloo didn't have an older sister to share this quality time with, I really felt for her character.  

I think, in a sense, this episode has showcased Scootaloo as being a very strong individual (albeit a bit depressing too), being able to face her fears and essentially being "on her own", up until RD took her under her wing.  Which, by the way, I believe is a subtle way in saying that Dashie is the closest thing to a legal guardian for Scootaloo.

Also, I am happy for the role Luna played in the episode.  I like to think it's one of her duties as the Princess of the Night to enter troubled fillies' and colts' nightmares and help guide them into facing their fears.  It's a very endearing job worthy for Luna, and really adds some benevolence to her character, which lacked in earlier appearances of her.  All-n-all, fantastic episode.

tl;dr - Scoots is best filly.

• Brohoof 5

I liked the episode (especially SCtootaloo's reactions (WTF R U doing in the river!?)) I felt awesome to see Luna appear again in the episode to help scootaloo realize her real fear. :D

post-10443-0-51528300-1354925800_thumb.jpg

GOD BLESS YOU LUNA FOR HELPING SCOOTALOO(chicken)!

Edited by Danger Wasp
  • Brohoof 4

Whether we see the scooter again in the future or not, it is still visually representative. She lost the scooter, a make-shift substitute for her inability to fly and to also be like the pony she always wanted to be, and gained that said pony who is teaching her to fly, in it's place. Fate/the writers are literally giving us a clever wink and saying, 'She's moving forward'.

That doesn't mean I can't be sad about it :(

But I think you're right, and she probably won't replace it. But having Rainbow Dash mentoring her is a lot better :D

Some other things I forgot to mention in my other post- Rainbow's whinny-snore was the funniest thing ever :lol:

Luna's getting better at speaking in the modern dialect, and not so loud, while still sounding quite regal. Very nice.

Sweetie Belle forgot how to sing. I was somewhat disappointed we didn't get a real song, but that was pretty funny.

And how did Rainbow know to rescue Scootaloo from falling, if she had earplugs in, and Scootaloo was pretty far away and down a cliff where the sound couldn't travel as well? Must be her superhero instincts kicking in. Mare Do Well be banished, Rainbow Dash is truly the awesomest B)

• Brohoof 6

Just when you think they'd run out of shout outs to the fans, they find ways to incorporate a dozen more.  :D  And the best part is, they do it without looking like they're trying to pander to the bronies!  The most obvious thing was RD helping Scoots to fly which has been depicted in countless pices of fanart.  I actually liked Sweetie Belle singing bad for once.  She can mimic a bar full of drunken stallions anytime she wants to. 

Once again, no letter to Celestia, but the moral of the story, facing one's fears, was laid out in black and white.  No PSA necessary.  But the "real fear" Princess Luna was aluding to wasn't the fact that she was having nightmares and looking uncool.  Scootaloo's real fear was that Rainbow Dash wouldn't accept her as a little sister.  :(

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 7

Whether we see the scooter again in the future or not, it is still visually representative. She lost the scooter, a make-shift substitute for her inability to fly and to also be like the pony she always wanted to be, and gained that said pony who is teaching her to fly, in it's place. Fate/the writers are literally giving us a clever wink and saying, 'She's moving forward'.

Yeah good point. I hadn't considered that since she had lost it earlier in the episode and had it again in the next scene.

I like the new arrangement. Rainbow Dash is gonna teach Scootaloo to fly. Scoots is gonna teach Dashie to HAX!

• Brohoof 3