Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Favorite MLP Episode: Round One Series

SuperUltimateBrony

The intro to Zecora or cyrstle ponies part 2...

Well, crystal ponies was a 2 parter... And had more excitement, and that's what I like... It was a good lesson they learned in zecoras intro, but I'm going with crystal ponies

You know, CE Part 2 had a great song, but overall it just didn't measure up to the other 2-part premieres in my mind. Bridal Gossip introduced Zecora and was the first ep in which the best filly EVER was prominently featured.

In the interest of Bloomage, I must vote for Bridal Gossip.

I'm voting for CE part 2 only because Spike was the hero in the end. The episode satisfied my craving for new episodes as well as finally putting in some much deserved admiration  for Spike.

Edited by ~Chaotic Harmony~
  • Brohoof 1

While I still love the Crystal Empire, I feel it was missing some important scenes, like some sort of backstory on Cadence's relation to the Empire, who exactly the Crystal Princess is supposed to be, and something where Cadence actually convinces Shining Armor that throwing her off of a balcony is, in fact, the best option.  I did not notice Bridle Gossip having these problems, so it took my vote.

Also, Flutterguy's "I don't want to talk about it" line is one of my favorite lines in the entire series.

• Brohoof 1

Round One Match Twenty One

See the bracket here! http://imgur.com/eJkZP

Vote here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/203-cartoons-and-animation/64955324

Each day I will post one topic pitting two episode of MLPFiM against eachother. It's a contest to see which episode is the most liked by the board. The match-ups have been completely random. I included a few future episodes, because, by the time we get to the end of the first round, they will have already premiered.

Today's Matchup: Green Isn't Your Color VS Call of the Cutie

• Brohoof 1

Call of the cutie by a long shot...

It was a good lesson that was learned in green... But it's not a favorit one... I don't think it suted flutershy very well...

But call of the cutie was what started the CMC... Scoots is so cute!

Tough vote, but I went for Call of the Cutie.  It serves as a good origin story for the Mane 6 (and Spike) and has an adorable ending as well.  I really enjoyed Green Isn't Your Color too, but... I don't know.  This vote was tough.

Round One Match Twenty Two

Vote here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/203-cartoons-and-animation/64964201

Each day I will post one topic pitting two episode of MLPFiM against eachother. It's a contest to see which episode is the most liked by the board. The match-ups have been completely random. I included a few future episodes, because, by the time we get to the end of the first round, they will have already premiered.

Today's Matchup: Suited For Success VS Over A Barrel

• Brohoof 1

I'm one of the people who didn't have much of a problem with Over a Barrel but I have to vote for Suited for Success. I owed Rarity a big apology after that episode for not realizing how great she was earlier.

• Brohoof 1

This is the hardest choice yet. Frankly I didn't like either one much. Of course like every episode there are golden moments, like Fluttershy saying she wanted to be a tree, and of course the other episode having the all famous "20% cooler line."

I don't like either one, but of the two Suited For Success is more “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant” to bronydom.

Suted by a long shot!

This was the first rarity episode and the song was AMAZING! And had the 20% cooler quote!

I find that I relate to this episode a lot

And this is the episode that made me like rarity more then rainbowdash

I just thought that rarity was one of THOS characters, but this episode changers my opinion on her!

I love rarity!

I can only see one thing on that screenshot. One, big, glaring thing...304 unread emails. THREE HUNDRED AND FOUR. READ MAN, REEEEAAAAAAD!!! XD

In all seriousness though, I'm not sure if I could choose between the two. I like ALL of the episodes. :(

Oh well. I can use this as an excuse to go back and re-watch some of the episodes. :D

• Brohoof 2

Oh no!  I loved both of these episodes!  I don't want to choose...  Suited for Success was just really good, and Over a Barrel was extremely fun.

*sigh*  I'm going to go with the minority and say Over a Barrel.  That opinion is heavily based on episode 6 of Doctor Whooves and Assistant, which featured this episode in its plot though.

Round One Match Twenty Three

Vote here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/203-cartoons-and-animation/64973246

Today's Matchup: The Cutie Pox VS Stare Master

• Brohoof 1

Neither would top my favorites list, but I'm going to vote for the general chaos and mayhem in The Cutie Pox. It even had Zecora in it and I've recently become very fond of her. It beats out Stare Master in my opinion, although Fluttershy staring down a cockatrice is one of the more bad@$$ moments in the series.

I'm biased here, but I love Stare Master majorly because of the Cockatrice's inclusion. It's one of my favorite mythological creatures, and it was it's inclusion in this episode that lead to one of my

. Cutie Pox was a fine episode, but there's nothing that sticks out about it for me.
  • Brohoof 1

Urgh, Cutie Pox... I usually have to be reminded to know that it existed. It was to me the pinnacle of the "TOO MANY APPLEBLOOM EPISODES" thing and the way they drew Zecora was vaguely unnerving and there were so many animation errors and-

Can you guess which one I'm voting for?

(Wait, there was actually one good part about Cutie Pox. Grade A Applejack. "Mah Sister's Speakin' in Fancy!")

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 1

Stare master was a bad episode... Sorry but it's true...

So I'm going with cutie pox tonight!

What I didn't like about stare master: anoying CMC, twilight was turned to stone, and gave a dead spoiler on what sweetie belles cutie mark is going to be like...