Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony.fm: The Pony Music Hosting Site

Twilight Sparkle ✨

Important update tonight: the artists' alpha is now officially open! As we speak, members of the focus group I have been assembling over the past week or so are uploading Pony.fm's very first tracks. Fun stuff!

I can't really contribute because I sadly don't make music, and any ideas that could be useful have already been said or I can't generate. :( But I think I can help out on something.

You know Feld0, since this will be an exclusive MLP:FIM music place for downloading, why don't you start promoting to big places like Equestria Daily, Derpy Hooves News, The Round Stable, etc? I know you're still on the alpha stages, but it is certainly something people might get interested in.

And another idea is to comment it on the My Little Remix page, which is pretty much the biggest place to get informed on pony music as it is quite the big forum, and as a plus, you might also get influx from people to get to MLPForums from an early stage. I think that, while still barely reaching alpha, at least to one place or two it will start getting interested and see how it evolves, you might get more people to participate, and maybe even get some help. :)

Believe me, I am going to promote the heck out of Pony.fm. :D It's a site set for growth.

However, it isn't nearly polished enough yet for me to feel comfortable beginning to spread the word out about it, which is why I'm currently focusing on working with a relatively small focus group to ensure that the site... you know, works. :P

Once I'm fairly confident that it's stable and functional, I'll definitely begin sending emails around to other major fandom hotspots.

I hope I can crank out some pony music for this sometime! I've made a few non-pony songs, but they sound pretty meh for the most part. xD

Everyone has to start somewhere! One of the great things about Pony.fm is that there are no skill requirements; everyone who makes pony fan music is welcome to upload it there. So... if you're interested, let me know when you've made your first pony song and I'll be happy to add you to the alpha team. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpgy21r_dRE

FINALLY! A place where I can find some good brony music!! :D I try looking some up on youtube, but I usually don't get many results or their hard to find...but this site looks so boss.....you can even create your own playlists!!! SQUEEE! :)

Can't wait for this site to open! I'm gonna be on this site for a while.....this is perfect!!

Glad to see the enthusiasm, Pixiesong! I hope Pony.fm lives up to your expectations. :D

Playlists are going to come just a little later. :blush: As far as implementing them goes, they have a lot of moving parts and will thus need to be handled quite carefully. They're not part of the artists' alpha that's running right now, but they're definitely an important feature I want to implement at the earliest possible opportunity.

• Brohoof 3

Believe me, I am going to promote the heck out of Pony.fm. It's a site set for growth.   However, it isn't nearly polished enough yet for me to feel comfortable beginning to spread the word out about it, which is why I'm currently focusing on working with a relatively small focus group to ensure that the site... you know, works.   Once I'm fairly confident that it's stable and functional, I'll definitely begin sending emails around to other major fandom hotspots.

Ah, I totally thought it was, you know, defined as fully functional and stable and this was just the test. :lol: Makes sense in that case. When you do reach that stage, I'm going to expect a banner saying "Pony.fm: Where brony musicians can have a place for their music called home" in EVERY. SINGLE. PONY. PAGE. You hear me?! :P

• Brohoof 1

I don't know about this... most people don't like my stuff for some reason  :) There's a battle between me and OfficialDJPON3 on Youtube. So yeah....

Pony.fm isn't YouTube, if that comforts you at all. ;) It's a completely new community designed for every brony musician to find something special in.

I've run through the posts, and I suppose it's ok if I upload the soundtracks of any MLP fangames I composed...Also, is there a set standard on what the music needs to be like? Can I upload music of any genre or does it have to be like these remix things that I'm never going to do?

Edited by Zacharias

Will this be like turntable.fm, but instead with pony music? If it is I can't wait for it to be launched, just to bad I can't make music.

I can't say I'm familiar with Turntable.fm, and I can't easily check it out since it's US-exclusive. But my understanding is that it's a streaming/sharing service of sorts, not a music community and hosting site.

Pony.fm is a cross between Bandcamp and deviantART, with a generous dash of pony. It has some of Bandcamp's features that make that site so popular with artists, combines it with a community experience inspired by deviantART, and comes with a number of special features that will really define it as a pony fan site rather than simply a pony-themed music site. There's a difference. ;)

I've run through the posts, and I suppose it's ok if I upload the soundtracks of any MLP fangames I composed...Also, is there a set standard on what the music needs to be like? Can I upload music of any genre or does it have to be like these remix things that I'm never going to do?

Soundtracks for MLP fan games would be awesome, and fit right in with Pony.fm's purpose!

The only general requirement for whether a track is fit for Pony.fm or not is that it must be My Little Pony fan music. Material from all music genres is acceptable, from classical to dubstep, rap, and everything in between. The site is designed to accommodate original compositions as well as remixes, as both are extremely popular. :D

Want to join the alpha?

i try to log in but it didn't work

it ask me for regester in these site (fourm) but i have no idea what to do do i need to make new acout just for pony.fm

No, you won't need a new account. Every user of the MLP Forums technically already has an "account", but in order to join the alpha testing, I believe Feld0 has to personally toggle your account on/off for Pony.fm.

Last I checked, this blog post is where you can apply to be part of the alpha: http://mlpforums.com/blog/404/entry-1746-join-the-ponyfm-alpha/

• 3 weeks later...

holy celestia, i will enjot this immensely whenever the time comes to open it to everyone. i'm tired of having to search high and low, here and there, for all of my favorite pony/brony songs. it looks like it'll be great!

Well it seems one of my questions was already answered

That leaves two more although question two is a 2-parter anyways.

What are your plans to monetize pony.fm?

Have you thought about possible expansion into non-pony music (similar to a bandCamp or soundCloud)? How scaleable is your current set up?

As always, I love the direction you are taking the design. Keep up the good work.

EDIT: Another question: Have you given thought to personally inviting top brony artists to try or endorse pony.fm?

MORE EDITS: Alrighty, to answer your question posed at the bottom of the original post. The thing I would look for is the ease of finding new music. Youtube isn't particularly good at this since the related videos aren't usually that related. A solid tag system is definitely needed. Perhaps after everything is up and running you may want to look into audio similarity algorithms. 

Also, I would like to see some kind of user rating system. My favorite is tumblr's. It's not technically a rating system, but it sure works that way. You can tell how popular a post is by how many notes and reblogs it has. I would suggest a mixture between that and the common "like" system. Basically a user would press a Like, Love, Enjoyed or Favorited button (whatever word works for you lol) and it would add to a counter. To deter possible abuse, you could attach a users screen name to their like, as tumblr does so as to create some form of accountability. for example:"user x enjoyed this song." which could be in a collapsable menu etc.

also please don't make this button add the song to any sort of list. I dislike Deviant art's favorited feature because I may like the direction the artist is going and still not think the piece qualifies as one of my "favorites". 

Also it would be nice to be able to follow an artist to be notified when they upload something.

Edited by Bohtty
  • Brohoof 1

Just want to say that everything looks pretty good on pony.fm. I know i was a big fan of eqbeats when it first came into being as they have some nice features such as being able to create single image youtube videos off the mp3 and image you upload, free hosting, and uploads for everfree radio. That said there's quite a few problems with THEIR model as there's no stats for how many downloads, plays, views you get. There's little to no comments given back by viewers, and communication is done via your email not a pm system.  I hope you look into those needs as the world doesn't need another eqbeats, they need a better replacement for it. Musicians live off feedback and if you don't get any back then it's hard to justify the use. :)

• Brohoof 1

Thanks for the questions and suggestions, Bohtty! I've split your post up into a bunch of quotes to make replying to it easier. :)

What are your plans to monetize pony.fm?

The current plan is to place some banner advertising around the site once it is in a public testing phase and traffic picks up, and to have a donation button in the footer. Further down the line, some form of subscriber membership may be implemented as that is quite helpful in supporting the recurring costs of the site; however, it's a bit early to speak on the details of that, and whether it will even happen.

Allowing artists to sell music on Pony.fm and taking a cut of it has crossed my mind, but that opens a legal can of worms that I simply do not have the time to deal with right now. That is a feature I intend to look into in more detail once the site goes gold or is at least well into beta.

Have you thought about possible expansion into non-pony music (similar to a bandCamp or soundCloud)? How scaleable is your current set up?

Did you mean "scalable" in  the sense of how much music Pony.fm can hold or how easy it is to adapt the codebase for expansion to non-pony music?

I'll answer both:

Pony.fm's file store is currently a path simply defined in one of its configuration files. There are no specific features built into the software layer for scaling to multiple servers, so the scalability in that sense is bound by the limitations of the Ext4 filesystem and traditional load-balancing solutions that involve mirroring. The limitations of what can be accomplished with that are sufficiently high that handling it on the application layer would be a waste of time and development resources at this point.

To put a number to it, Pony.fm should be able to store somewhere in the range of 40,000 to 80,000 tracks in its current form without anything more elaborate than the addition of several hard drives to the server. Bandwidth is likely to become a concern sooner than storage; I'm currently on a gigabit link which should take a fair bit of traffic, but a round-robin DNS setup with additional servers would be relatively trivial to put together to expand the site's bandwidth capacity.

As for expansion into non-pony music, I have no intention of accommodating any of it on Pony.fm. On a technical level, it increases the amount of music I need to be prepared to store and serve by several orders of magnitude, to the point where significantly more resources are required to even begin the project. But more importantly, on the community level, the vast majority of Pony.fm's target audience will be coming to the site in search of FiM fan music. Mixing non-pony content in with the pony stuff is going to dilute the value of the site as a brony music destination and generally add a whole lot of content that visitors are much less likely to be interested in, but that I'll need to store, back up, and be prepared to serve like all the pony content. It just doesn't fit with the goals of the site.

The code running behind it all is quite robust, though, and much of it can potentially be adapted for a generic music hosting site at some point down the line. I have no plans at this time to do that, but having Pony.fm's code already written and functional would greatly accelerate the process of getting such a site started in the future.

As always, I love the direction you are taking the design. Keep up the good work.

Thanks. :) It is worth noting that Pony.fm is due for a complete visual overhaul once beta hits. The current look is largely just a modified Bootstrap theme. 

EDIT: Another question: Have you given thought to personally inviting top brony artists to try or endorse pony.fm?

Yes, absolutely. Getting a few big artists onto Pony.fm would be really awesome. I've had a few conversations and am planning some things in that respect, but I can't announce anything yet. 

MORE EDITS: Alrighty, to answer your question posed at the bottom of the original post. The thing I would look for is the ease of finding new music. Youtube isn't particularly good at this since the related videos aren't usually that related. A solid tag system is definitely needed. Perhaps after everything is up and running you may want to look into audio similarity algorithms.

Thanks for stating that wish. Pony.fm was partly born out of a desire to make brony music discovery easy and fluent, and there are a number of features that I'm currently working on with the alpha testers to facilitate that. A tagging system is planned as one of them, but there will be a few more.

Part of what I find really exciting about Pony.fm, actually, is that - because it is a fan site - I can implement a few taxonomies for organizing content that are specific to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. That should make the site really fun to use as a listener. :D

Also, I would like to see some kind of user rating system. My favorite is tumblr's. It's not technically a rating system, but it sure works that way. You can tell how popular a post is by how many notes and reblogs it has. I would suggest a mixture between that and the common "like" system.

Basically a user would press a Like, Love, Enjoyed or Favorited button (whatever word works for you lol) and it would add to a counter. To deter possible abuse, you could attach a users screen name to their like, as tumblr does so as to create some form of accountability. for example:"user x enjoyed this song." which could be in a collapsable menu etc.

also please don't make this button add the song to any sort of list. I dislike Deviant art's favorited feature because I may like the direction the artist is going and still not think the piece qualifies as one of my "favorites". 

Some form of rating system is a virtual necessity, but there has been no firm consensus on what direction to take with that, so I really appreciate that you laid out a detailed idea for approaching that challenge.

Publicly listing off the names of everyone who "likes" a song sounds like a good way to deter abuse of the feature. Moreover, a user's "like feed" could be shown on their profile as well, to make it easy for anyone to take a look at their rating activity.

Pony.fm will have a playlist feature to let members collect and catalogue any publicly available music on the site. Personally, I see "rating" a track and "collecting" it as two entirely different actions, and I don't think tying them together will yield much tangible benefit, especially if a feed of the tracks you "like" is easily accessible.

Well, I suppose that feed would be a list by definition. But it would be a simple list of links, not a full-blown site feature like playlists.

Also it would be nice to be able to follow an artist to be notified when they upload something.

notifications.png

A hierarchical notification system not unlike deviantART's is in the works; it's actually the main focus of development this weekend (the screenshot is a rough preview of what it looks like in its current state). The ability to follow artists has been a popular request, and I'm really happy to say that it's going to be a core feature of the site.

Just want to say that everything looks pretty good on pony.fm. I know i was a big fan of eqbeats when it first came into being as they have some nice features such as being able to create single image youtube videos off the mp3 and image you upload, free hosting, and uploads for everfree radio.

That said there's quite a few problems with THEIR model as there's no stats for how many downloads, plays, views you get. There's little to no comments given back by viewers, and communication is done via your email not a pm system.  I hope you look into those needs as the world doesn't need another eqbeats, they need a better replacement for it. Musicians live off feedback and if you don't get any back then it's hard to justify the use. :)

Hey Freewave, cool to see you here!

I just want to make it clear that I'm not out to compete with any particular site, including Equestrian Beats. Pony.fm is a project with a personality and direction of its own, and my main focus remains to give it polished features that make sense for its goals moreso than any specific desire to "one-up" a competitor.

With that said, I take feature requests and won't deny one on the principle that a different site already offers it. If it makes sense for Pony.fm to have it, I'll happily add it. I'll comment on the points you brought up in that context.

YouTube Video Generator + Auto-Uploader

The idea behind this is excellent: a single upload lets you bring your content to two separate audiences. Code-wise, it isn't particularly difficult to generate a video server-side and upload it to YouTube on a user's behalf (with the user granting Pony.fm API access to their YouTube account, of course) which makes it quite feasible to implement. Is it really a feature that artists would realistically use very often, though?

This automation comes at the severe cost of customizability - very little control can be granted to the artist over the resulting video, which instantly renders the feature unusable for anyone who does anything other than display a static image in their video (lots of music videos I've seen, for instance, have some kind of animated equalizer-esque display, or even something minor like a looping animation, some form of intro, visual fades, or a line of text with the track's name or something on it).

Some artists like to take some advantage of the nature of a video to actually put non-static content into it. But truth be told, I honestly have little idea just how many artists actually do that. If most are perfectly content with a simple static image being the entire visual component of the video, it would probably make sense to consider adding the feature to Pony.fm.

Free Hosting

One of Pony.fm's core goals. I don't think there's much to discuss on this, but free music hosting is definitely a core focus of the site.

Uploads to Everfree Radio

I thought Equestrian Beats was with Celestia Radio? Everfree Radio are actually on board with Pony.fm already. ;)

The ability to share your Pony.fm uploads with one or more relevant radio stations is quite an enticing feature, and putting some API's together for stations to access Pony.fm music with for use in their own streams is on my to-do list. There are a couple of really neat things I have planned here, but it's a bit early to speak of them now. I'll be working with Everfree Radio on the initial implementation, but the hope is that any station will easily be able to link itself up to Pony.fm to gain access to its music library.

Stats: Downloads, Plays, & Views

Pony.fm logs all of these. Currently, a simple counter of each is displayed on track and album pages, but the actual data logged is quite a bit more detailed than that, and will form the base of a much more detailed statistical reporting system in the future. That is planned to happen before beta.

Contacting Users/Private Messaging

First off, I have no intention of publishing anyone's email address. If someone wants people to contact them via email, I'd rather they make that call themselves and add it to the bio on their profile.

That means that a private messaging system of some form is practically a necessity. I'm undecided at this point how exactly to go about implementing it considering that every Pony.fm account is an MLP Forums account and vice versa, and IP.Board already has quite a robust personal conversation system built right in. There will be a degree of overlap between the communities of PFM and MLPF, so keeping track of private messages on two sites may lead to frustration and confusion for users who are active on both sites.

For now, what I've done is place a button on every Pony.fm profile that takes you to the message composer on MLP Forums, with the message pre-addressed to that user. You can see an example of this here.

In the future, rather than create an additional private messaging system on Pony.fm that more or less replicates what already exists on MLP Forums, I am thinking of implementing some form of universal messenger instead. It's not a particularly high priority right now as MLPF's private messaging system is perfectly serviceable, so it probably won't happen before PFM leaves beta. If you have any particular thoughts on how I should go about that, I'd be happy to hear them. :)

Feedback & Comments on Music

Pony.fm has stock-standard comment sections on tracks and albums, like one would expect of any half-modern social community site. It's great, and I think necessary to have, but it's a design that isn't specifically geared toward music or ponies. Without a modicum of popularity in the community, it honestly leaves most people with rather lonely-looking "Be the first to leave a comment!" pages. This isn't particularly motivational for most people, and it isn't hard to see why. :(

To that end, I'm currently planning out a few special features with the alpha testers that I think will make Pony.fm a very meaningful place for artists to host their music on. There is no ETA on when they'll be ready, but they may well become some of Pony.fm's defining features. Details will be announced closer to their completion.

• Brohoof 1

This sounds flipping awesome! I'm so sick of scavenging for brony music through youtube and soundcloud. Some amazing artists dont upload to one or the other so its all a huge time sink.

Here are a few suggestions that come to mind. First off I would love to see some sort of mobile support so you can listen while driving to work or whatnot. Also what level of quality will the music be streamed at? I think Soundcloud streams everything at 128kbs, but having an option for 320kbs would be nice... I have some nice car speakers. ^^

All things considered I am VERY excited about this project. I just don't have enough time in my day to keep up with all this amazing music as things are now.

Can you make original pony related songs or just covers because personally if I was to participate I would prefer having the option to do originals.

You can definitely upload original pony music. Pony.fm is designed as a home for all pony fan music, be it remixes or originals.

This sounds flipping awesome! I'm so sick of scavenging for brony music through youtube and soundcloud. Some amazing artists dont upload to one or the other so its all a huge time sink.

Here are a few suggestions that come to mind. First off I would love to see some sort of mobile support so you can listen while driving to work or whatnot. Also what level of quality will the music be streamed at? I think Soundcloud streams everything at 128kbs, but having an option for 320kbs would be nice... I have some nice car speakers. ^^

All things considered I am VERY excited about this project. I just don't have enough time in my day to keep up with all this amazing music as things are now.

Mobile support is on the roadmap; however, it will likely be added during beta. The desktop site is the primary focus of the alpha. Phones that support HTML5 audio or Flash Player 9+ may work with the site in its current state, however.

Streams are currently 320 Kbps MP3's; however, the plan is to change them to 256 Kbps AAC's in the near future. AAC has significantly better compression than MP3, which means they'll use less bandwidth and sound just as good, if not better.

Pony.fm should make keeping up with pony music a good deal easier once the public alpha opens. Many features like playlists and notifications will be designed precisely to solve that challenge. :)

About the rating system: If you decide to use a simple thumbs up or thumbs down, I ask that you consider a sideways thumb too, as a middle ground between the two. I seriously don't know why no one does this.

Also, I don't understand why you want Pony.fm accounts linked to a MLP forums account, but whatever. Just be aware it might turn some people away.

How are you going to upload all this music there in the first place? Is it all going to be user submitted from the start? If, say, people want to hear WoodenToaster on there, but he doesn't know about the site, will there be no WoodenToaster on the site? Or what if they don't want it on the site?

Questions aside, I'm looking forward to seeing how this site turns out.

About the rating system: If you decide to use a simple thumbs up or thumbs down, I ask that you consider a sideways thumb too, as a middle ground between the two. I seriously don't know why no one does this.

Probably because a "sideways thumb" implies indifference. If you feel indifferent about a song, why would you rate it at all? As far as statistics are concerned, the number of "likes" indicates how many people felt it was a good song and the number of "dislikes" indicates how many people felt it was a bad song. What exactly does a "meh" connotation halfway between the two extremes indicate?

Also, I don't understand why you want Pony.fm accounts linked to a MLP forums account, but whatever. Just be aware it might turn some people away.

There's a larger plan associated with this, but the low-down is that having a single account for both sites will make it easier for users who enjoy both communities to participate in both of them by giving them only a single login and password to think about. Certain features will also be implemented that link or display content from one site on the other, which will be largely dependent on having a central identity across both sites.

However, Pony.fm is designed with the idea in mind that not every Pony.fm user will necessarily want to also be an MLP Forums user. While this is a technical impossibility, Pony.fm is being crafted as its own experience first and foremost. Apart from the technical requirement to have a physical account that functions on two websites (which is handled automatically and transparently), Pony.fm will be a fully featured experience in its own right. Users who are not interested in MLP Forums will not be obligated to participate in the MLP Forums community in any way.

How are you going to upload all this music there in the first place? Is it all going to be user submitted from the start? If, say, people want to hear WoodenToaster on there, but he doesn't know about the site, will there be no WoodenToaster on the site? Or what if they don't want it on the site?

Pony.fm is a music hosting service and community rolled into one. By necessity, all music on the site has to be uploaded by its authors. That means that, to listen to WoodenToaster on Pony.fm, he will need to register and upload his music to Pony.fm, or there will be no WoodenToaster on the site.

If a musician does not want their music on Pony.fm, that is their call to make. They would be missing out on the advantages that being part of a brony music community offers, but that is their right. The network effect will play a huge role in popularizing Pony.fm as a viable outlet for bronies to host their music, however, and I do not think it is at all out of the question that some of the popular artists will take a liking to the site.

The network effect begins by kicking the site off with over 9200 users on its first day out of private testing. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I applaud that effort but while i welcome pony.fm coming into the ring i'm not sure how much it's really going to change things from a musician's POV as many musicians HAVE avenues where they upload mp3's and they use soundcloud first, eqbeats second, and likely mediaifire and bandcamp third. I just don't know if it will be truly an avenue where people will come to it rather than just be a place for mlpforums users to upload their tracks. Most people base everything off youtube and the place where they have their mp3 download is a lesser concern. Not trying to be negative but that's just how it currently works.

Pony.fm is not just a site for MLP Forums users to throw up some audio files; it is a site of its own designed to be used by all brony musicians and their listeners. The connection to MLP Forums is there mostly to make it easy for users who are part of both communities to jump back and forth between them. It'll be pretty sweet when I send out a mass email to 10,000 people to let them know there's a shiny new music site they already have an account for, which is known as the network effectB)

The key is that the technical matter of hosting some MP3, FLAC, and AAC files is only one little bit of it; the entire site is designed specifically around organizing and discovering My Little Pony fan music, and many of its features will reflect that. :) Once it opens to the public, I expect these features will really make it stand out as an attractive new venue for brony artists to share their music. That the brony fan fiction community gravitated toward FanFiction.net, Google Docs, and deviantART didn't stop FimFiction from launching and becoming a household name among bronies, did it?

• Brohoof 2

Well the key will be whether you can find some specific features to appeal to both musicians and people who want to find brony music. Just hosting the music as i said is only part of what people want. Musicians want to promote their wares and that only happens when there's people who will want it (otherwise your like AJ selling pies at the Gala basically). That means listeners too. Currently I think you may easily have something better than EQbeats as that place while it has a LOT of musicians and some great features has way too many flaws in there setup (NO feedback system, no pm'ing, no audience (i never get any visits or comment that i can see), boring layout, no improvements). But it's all about who joins and what you offer differently then what's out there. The brony community has been around for 2 years and a lot of stuff has solidified, devleoped through a herd like mentaility, and people aren't interested in looking elsewhere unless there's a reason or something better to offer. You are entering an already occurpied market. Again who you attract will be important as there's vast differences between a person on ytube who's got 10,000, 1,000, 100, or 10 subs as it's just so much harder for the smaller guy and there's just that many more of them..

If  Everfree Radio is actually on board with Pony.fm already that's great. Most radio stations JUST play the well known tracks so something that has an exisitng audience and a chance to be heard on that radio station its another benefit there if that's what occurs.   

Again i really like what I've seen from pony.fm but its going to need a LOT of support and work on all fronts to work for the music community as a whole. If there's anything i can do before or after it goes live to drum up support I'm all for it. I'll likely want to pull my music from eqbeats and get set up on pony.fm for my upcoming albums. You might want to get a thread on my little remix when you're close to premiere time.

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 1

I applaud that effort but while i welcome pony.fm coming into the ring i'm not sure how much it's really going to change things from a musician's POV as many musicians HAVE avenues where they upload mp3's and they use soundcloud first, eqbeats second, and likely mediaifire and bandcamp third. I just don't know if it will be truly an avenue where people will come to it rather than just be a place for mlpforums users to upload their tracks. Most people base everything off youtube and the place where they have their mp3 download is a lesser concern. Not trying to be negative but that's just how it currently works.

Sorry RKA if we're derailing your thread (we are bumping it though too), we can move our discussion if it continues.

I went ahead and moved our derailing posts into the Pony.fm discussion thread, Freewave. :P

I sent you a PM a few days ago inviting you to the alpha. Did you get it? I'd love to work with you in a more direct fashion to make Pony.fm the best site it can be. I can't speak for Equestrian Beats, but Pony.fm is under extremely active development and I do my best to add something to it every day, much of which does come from the QA team's feedback.

Yeah I was posting in one thread and went into another thread and noticed the dupe.  :blink:  That's the good thing with talking with a mod is that derails can gracefully be moved like that : :lol:

Yeah i did get the invite and I likely will get setup on pony.fm really soon (I'm hoping to have my first album MAYBE completed this week or next week at worst and this would be a nice place to put it as it will be free) as that's great timing with that. I'd really like throw my support and see if i can assist in rallying off-site people on it but then again i know just how HARD that is in this community. I've tried to organize some efforts in the past to make an even playing field and they often recived lukewarm responses. I'd love to help find ways that you can anticipate what people will want and need as well as hopefully find a way that BMD and Pony.fm could have a  beneficial relationship with each other as we're small potatoes too but keep trying. Shall talk more soon next week (running out the door of work now).

• Brohoof 1

Hmm. Great website.

I really am interested to help, but I'm not a network expert nor an expert web programmer. If there's something I can do to help the development, please tell me.

Fair wind to ye, Pony.fm! :D

I would love a mobile site, with a simpler interface. I use my iPod to listen to brony music, and having a simple mobile version of Pony FM would be great for me.