Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony.fm: The Pony Music Hosting Site

Twilight Sparkle ✨

• 3 weeks later...

Pony.fm is a site for My Little Pony fan music. So, you can only upload remixes of MLP music, not whatever you want.

Question!!!!

Ok so what if the track you want to upload isn't a remix of an MLP but an original song that has audio from the show?

IS it only remixes? Or anything that's geared to the franchise itself? 

Question!!!!

Ok so what if the track you want to upload isn't a remix of an MLP but an original song that has audio from the show?

IS it only remixes? Or anything that's geared to the franchise itself? 

Pony.fm is for all kinds of pony fan music. Sorry if there was any confusion. :P

Original songs, remixes of show songs, remixes of fan songs, "ponified" songs, covers, and everything in between all have a place on Pony.fm. :)

• Brohoof 1

Pony.fm is for all kinds of pony fan music. Sorry if there was any confusion. tongue.png

Original songs, remixes of show songs, remixes of fan songs, "ponified" songs, covers, and everything in between all have a place on Pony.fm. smile.png

Oh good 

*phew*

Cause I've got a killer little track I'm just dying to show off man, and it just so happens to make references to an MLP fanfic as well as the show itself

• Brohoof 1

Oh good 

*phew*

Cause I've got a killer little track I'm just dying to show off man, and it just so happens to make references to an MLP fanfic as well as the show itself

Sounds like it would fit right in! Pony.fm is still in alpha, but it's really, really close to a public launch, so if you'd like an opportunity to upload it and try the site out, PM me. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Will people be able to put their music under creative commons license? And have you talked to living tombstone and other famous artists about signing up?Here is a music site for reference http://www.jamendo.com/en/

1) Creative Commons will be added as a licensing option. :)

2) Maybe. I'm in touch with quite a number of artists, including a few bigger community names. ;)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to put one of my new pony songs on Pony.fm and I got the WAV uploaded but it wouldn't let me publish it. I saw your picture example on page 1 of this threat and I cannot find a way to get that. Do I need to have an invite to be a part of Pony.fm?

I tried to put one of my new pony songs on Pony.fm and I got the WAV uploaded but it wouldn't let me publish it. I saw your picture example on page 1 of this threat and I cannot find a way to get that. Do I need to have an invite to be a part of Pony.fm?

Could I please ask you to post a screenshot of the page that comes up after you try to publish the track? There might be an obscure error message on it somewhere, which could be a potential point of improvement.

Pony.fm actually opened to the public a few days ago, but it's still in the transition phase from private alpha to public beta, so I haven't started publicizing the site too much yet. :P

(edited)

Could I please ask you to post a screenshot of the page that comes up after you try to publish the track? There might be an obscure error message on it somewhere, which could be a potential point of improvement.

Pony.fm actually opened to the public a few days ago, but it's still in the transition phase from private alpha to public beta, so I haven't started publicizing the site too much yet. tongue.png

There's not much to screenshot. It's either a 404, or a 403 error. I mean, the track uploaded, but it won't publish. In fact, I uploaded the same song twice just to make sure I uploaded right.

Edited by AppleJared

There's not much to screenshot. It's either a 404, or a 403 error. I mean, the track uploaded, but it won't publish. In fact, I uploaded the same song twice just to make sure I uploaded right.

Yow! All right, I just pushed up a patch which should fix that. Thanks for letting me know. Try publishing your track again now. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Yow! All right, I just pushed up a patch which should fix that. Thanks for letting me know. Try publishing your track again now. wink.png

That fixed it. Thank you very much not only for fixing it but for making Pony.fm in general. It is an awesome idea and I wish the best of luck for you and future endeavors.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

There's still a bit of bugs to iron out (such as the entire upload freezing when saving changes to an unpublished track), but I see a lot of potential in this project and hope it comes into full fruition. I can have a chat with my contacts and see if they can make something for it.

Edited by CarbonMaestro
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I like the idea of pony fm it's cool a site dedicated to pony music, the idea I had for me being a brony was a private critic I like the idea that I am making a choice to review music too and this site I the perfect opportunity. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but will it be possible to create a function to randomly order the songs? Personally, this will be great for playing random and new songs I haven't heard before... and just random songs to play in the background. :P

If you're busy, it's completely understandable. You probably have a lot of things going on... nevertheless, I thought I could at least help by supplying this idea.

edit:

I've just gotten another idea, maybe there could also be a sorting system by character? For instance: Pinkie Pie songs, Rainbow Dash songs, Fluttershy, etc...

Edited by Techoh
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...