1. 1. Do you wear glasses?

• Yes I do.
    • No I don't.
  2. 2. Why?

• I'm far sighted.
    • I'm near sighted.
    • Other. (Please specify)
    • I don't wear glasses.

I searched for this and ended up with no result so I'm assuming this thread doesn't exist yet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty simply question really. Do you or don't you wear glasses? If you do, why?

I do wear glasses myself and my reason is that I'm far sighted.

So how about all of you lovely forum members? ;)

I can see stuff, but not in detail. And I kept that a secret for like two years. But then I got my glasses and suddenly...HD. And to be quite honest HD looked awful. I liked my blurry trees just fine, thank you very much.

• Brohoof 7

I'm near-sighted, I can see things fine up close, but I cannot see anything 50 feet away. It all looks extremely blurry, and I get a headache after awhile.

My glasses are freaken awesome though. They're anti-glare, scratch proof, super light and thin, and change into sunglasses when exposed to sunlight.

• Brohoof 4

I still have 20/20 Vision, I think I'm the only one in my direct family who has 20/20 vision. My mom wears glasses sometimes, and my dad wears contacts. My brother doesn't wear glasses, but he has been told he doesn't have 20/20 vision, and actually been given glasses before, but he never wore them.

Who knows, my eyes are probably bound to go bad soon though.

I can hold things really close to my head and still read it, but then I can also read things all the way across the football field   So I don't know if I'm far/near sighted.  I do have glasses just to relax my eyes.

I have glasses, and I really don't like them. I am just to rough with them, no matter how hard I try not to be, and I end up bending and scratching them up. Near sighted I am, though I can see objects far away, just in really bad detail. Though sunglasses on the other hand, I love my aviators. 

• Brohoof 1

I have 20/20 vision, but I also Have a Photic Sneeze Reflex so I wear sunglasses a lot when I'm outside or Driving so the sun doesn't temporally blind me and make me sneeze >.> <.< >.>

• Brohoof 1

Nearsighted person here~

I can't really see anything that is 10 meters away from me (about 32 feet). While it's not that much when you're working in front of a computer, it was dangerous enough to kill me when I'm driving, so I was have to cover my eyes with sharp metal frame and frail glass.

It's a simple question, but I complicate everything. I don't wear glasses, but I should be wearing them. I'm near-sighted, but since things have happened my eyes have gotten worse and wouldn't even know what they'd prescribe to me today.

I should, of course, but me... I haven't been to the eye doctor in years. (I'm too scared. And this is very stupid of me, I know)

i use to wear glasses, now i wear contacts. I cant see far (guess that makes me near sighted?) But the reason for changing to contacts was one of my jobs in the Army requires me to wear my Dress Blues and the Service Cap i wear just will not fit right with my big BCG (birth control glasses) *army issued*dry.png

• Brohoof 2

I do wear glasses, but I hardly remember to put them on. I did terrible on the eye exam, only being able to read the big letters. I have two pairs, since I thought I lost one and my family had to buy another one. Turns out it was still in my locker at school, silly me.tongue.png

Whenever I do put them on, it seems like everything is in higher quality and with muchg more detail. Although I still find my glasses to be a bit useless in some cases.

I wear glasses and I'm near-sighted, but I don't need them all the time. Even without them, I can still get around just fine. I only ever need them for school so that I could read stuff on the board.

My glasses have square lens and a purple and brown frame. It also has a golden floral design on the side. I don't like my glasses so much, but I'm afraid of contact lens and I can't even open my eyes underwater! I also wouldn't want to go through laser eye surgery!

Edited by MagicalStarRain

I am nearsighted to the degree of near blindness. These glasses were made in Taiwan and super lightweight, much more lightweight than american regulations will allow. They also detect vampires, apparently. I haven't tested that yet. 

• Brohoof 1

Wow, everyone has really nice glasses... Let's see what I have...

Ok, let's see- SCRRRRCH- Ok, they scratch easily... They're brown, rounded square... and... standard.

I'm near sighted. Everything far away is blurry, but I can make it out to an extent...

i wear them as long as im awake, and i wouldnt say no to corrective surgery if i could afford it. having glasses makes it more difficult to use a riflescope, and limits my sunglass options. 

i dig glasses on girls, but id like to banish them from my face unless theyre protecting my eyes from something (eye contact, sunlight, flying debris, etc)

I'm very nearly blind. I've had friends put my glasses on before and take them off immediately, claiming to suddenly have a migraine. Although, when other people look through my glasses crosseyed, they can see everything perfectly. It's kinda funny.

• Brohoof 1

I don't wear glasses. I have 20/20 vision, but I do have red–green color blindness.

post-5726-0-63369700-1354676554_thumb.jpg

This should read "74" (as I'm told) that means your color vision should be normal, "21" (what I see) if you have some sort of color blindness, and if you don't see any number, that's probably not good... And you may be color blind... Completely, but I'm guessing you already knew that when you stared at the blurry gray circle wondering how there could possibly be a number there. But before you start making assumptions you should see an eye doctor first, that's how I depressingly found out about my red-green color blindness.

I think I covered everything there...

• Brohoof 5

I do, but I hate them. I usually wear contacts when I'm around other people, but if I'm just at my house relaxing or whatever, I'll pop them out and put on my glasses. 

Well, I do have glasses but I only wear them at school since I hate it.  I can't see perfectly when it's far away but it was just fine to me until school started to get harder and harder to follow.  I think three teachers asked me to get checked before I actually did it and found out I'm near sighted.  That sucked.  Seems, like I need them to drive too...  Personally, I don't use my eyes too much except for reading and drawing.

When I was born, I was cross-eyed. Doctors were able to fix this when I was five, but I was still left with slight lazy eye problems, which is why I have glasses. Also, I can't see small things far away without glasses.

While I used to wear glasses almost all the time, I wear them less now just because.

• Brohoof 1

Technically, I should wear glasses, but I don't feel like I need them all that much.

I'm near-sighted in my left eye. My glasses really do work, but my right eye has dominance over my left, so it kind of works out. The only time I think I'll need them is when I'm driving, which I won't need to worry about for another 4 1/2 months.

• Brohoof 1

Eeyup! You will always find me wearing them, even around home. My vision isn't particularly horrible though, I mean, I could live without them, but why would I choose to disable HD vision and go back to standard def?

For six years until I got my drivers licence, I lived not knowing that being unable to see the white board from the back of the room was not normal. Needless to say I still find the level of detail I get from wearing my glasses to be sometimes quite stunning.

They are quite handy too, I particularly like transitions. I dont have to worry about putting on my sunglasses anymore because my glasses automatically protect my eyes from the dangerous solar radiation. The only problem with me wearing them all the time is that the wind has become my eyes' worst enemy.

Edited by Celtore

I have bifocals for reading, playing video games, typing/reading on the computer, etc., as I am near sighted, and can't see distant objects too well.  Never really minded them, and I'll take reading glasses over contacts any day!  Those just sound a little too problematic and troublesome to deal with (that or I'm just too lazy to be bothered wink.png ).

Edited by Batbrony

I used to wear glasses, but eventually I upgraded to contacts. After the first week, they get really easy to put in and just become a part of your routine like brushing your teeth. They stay in pretty well and don't bother the eye as long as you aren't fiddling with them.

Plus, I have ONE pair of purple contacts, so when I decide to wear them, my iris will be purple instead of brown ^_^