1. 1. Do you wear glasses?

• Yes I do.
    • No I don't.
  2. 2. Why?

• I'm far sighted.
    • I'm near sighted.
    • Other. (Please specify)
    • I don't wear glasses.

I wear glasses so I can give people the sexy librarian look.

post-7639-0-27509400-1355550316_thumb.jpg

But in all seriousness, I'm near-sighted. It really sucks, because I had trouble throughout high school copying things on the board, but it wasn't until after high school that I finally got glasses. I just thought blurry things far away were how everyone saw, until my mom proved me wrong :P

My glasses are bucking awesome.

• 6 years later...

Well, heh, I HAVE prescription glasses, but I never wear them as much as I'm supposed to. I've never been too fond of what I look like with glasses on. :unsure:

Edited by Lucky Bolt

Yep!

I'm supposed to wear them all the time, but I only wear them while watching TV or when I'm out and about in busy public places. I need to get some new glasses though. The ones I have right now make me look like a creepy mad scientist. Really need some oval shaped ones. Rectangular shaped ones just doesn't work for me appearance wise.

I got my first perscription glasses when I was 12, because my eyesight is genuinely horrible (20/200). But I didn't wear them, because I thought they looked dumb and they were uncomfortable. Fast forward to now, and I'm in the Army, so I have to have 20/20 vision. There was a brief period that I messed with contacts, but they're a pain to put in/take out, so I'm stuck with glasses.

Glasses are alright, I guess. I don't like how I look with them, and I have to clean them every so often. They also fog up when I wear a neck gaiter or gas mask, which is a real pain. But it beats squinting at everything, or worse, unemployment. :v

I'd love to not have to wear glasses. I'm looking into lasic surgery, but I'm a little bit nervous, having bits of my eye sliced off and all. Might just stick with glasses.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I've had to wear glasses since I was five years old. Never had a problem wearing them, in fact, I've always thought that I've looked better with them despite what others have told me over the years. I was born to be a nerd. :nom:

Unfortunately, yes.  I would love to not have to wear glasses to see anymore but I'm too chicken to put in contacts.  I would love not having my glasses fog up when entering a building on a cold day or have my glasses fog up when I open the dish washer at work, or having to worry about cleaning my glasses, or having my glasses freeze to my face on a very windy winter day...  I'd love to wear some nice sunglasses without having to shell out a hundred bucks just to get a prescription pair or get some cool looking goggles.  I'm jealous of y'all that don't have to wear glasses!!!

As I mentioned, I do wear glasses. But has anyone else who wears glasses ever had one of those moments of stupidity where you think you've misplaced your glasses only to discover that you're actually wearing them? I have. Definitely one of those moments that is right up there with accidentally biting the inside of your mouth. :yeahno:

• 3 months later...