1. 1. Do you wear glasses?

• Yes I do.
    • No I don't.
  2. 2. Why?

• I'm far sighted.
    • I'm near sighted.
    • Other. (Please specify)
    • I don't wear glasses.

Needs an "I wear contacts" choice in the first question.

I do not wear glasses except right before bed if I am reading or something. I don't like wearing my glasses in public. I look better in contacts.

I also see better in contacts. My peripheral vision doesn't exist when I wear glasses. I am near-sighted... very near-sighted. My right eye is -5 and my left eye is -4.75. Which basically means that I can't see a dang thing without my contacts or glasses.

I have perfect vision, but sometimes I like to wear glasses just for fun. biggrin.png Both my parents have reading glasses, while I can read perfectly fine. I guess my adopted parents down in Kentucky have some good sight that I inherited.

I do wear glasses, and have since I was very young. Its because my right eye is a lazy eye. I had laser-eye surgery in the mid 90's, but it didn't really do anything, so I'm still wearing glasses. As a result, I am both near, and far sighted, because my eyes aren't strong enough on their own.

That's ok though, my prescription keeps getting weaker, so something good is happening!

Yes I wear glasses. Pretty sure I came out of the womb with them. How "sighted" I am I couldn't tell you. I need glasses to see anything with any level of detail regardless of distance. I've had surgery on my eye muscles twice to go from cross eyed to the opposite and from there to somewhat regular but one is still a bit wonky. Last time I went to the eye doctor was about a year and a half ago where I was told the best vision I'll ever obtain is 20/30.

I wore glasses when I was in middle and high school, because I was nearsighted. I couldn't see anything far away. Lol.

When I turned 18, I decided to get lasik eye surgery...and it was the best thing ever imo! Though I miss wearing glasses because they did match my personality.

I should count myself lucky that I don't have to wear glasses like my brother. Cause most of my family has some really crappy eye sight, and apparently that's something that runs through the family.

I'm surprised just how many people here wear glasses. I don't need em' but I should get myself some sunglasses, only because I don't want to potentially get cataracts later in life.

I think I should get a monocle. That would be cool.

What if I voted "yes I do?" and then "I don't wear glasses"? 

I didn't. I do wear glasses from time to time, for I am far sighted. When I was in junior high I'd get these horrible headaches out of nowhere. Dad took me to the doctor who said I needed glasses. Now I use them every time I need to read something from afar or when I go out to places I don't usually visit. 

I'm long sighted, so I mostly wear mine for reading/writing/drawing/computer work ect. I also developed a squint in my left eye about a year ago, so every now and again if there's a quick change in focus when I'm looking at something, my pupil rolls inwards... which is a bit awkward. ._.

Edited by Hansel

I wear glasses because I am near sighted.
I used to ignore it before, but then I had to get glasses when my vision was affecting my game performance when playing on consoles. (The TV is quite far away from the couch.)

My vision really sucks. Anything more then 4-5 feet away starts to get blurry... But my glasses do really fit my style and sometimes I wear them just to wear them not to see.

Yep I do. I've had to since I was 8, well technically I should have started from birth but no one realised the reason I acted up in class was because I couldn't see the board let alone the writing.

I'm actually an odd case according to the optician. One eye is far sighted and the other is near sighted.

I have glasses but I really should wear them more often. I'm short sighted (or near sighted) so I struggle to read anything in the distance.

I've only have them for about 3 years when I realised I couldn't read anything on the white boards at school. I've tried contacts a few times now and I find they irritate my eyes a little bit, so I just stuck with the glasses. 

Remember people, go to SpecSavers, they're actually quite good!

I think im near sighted (im not sure) but i dont wear glasses but i might need to soon but i can still see fine for now doesnt affect my reading or driving in anyway though my parents are suprised i never needed glasses since they both had glasses since they were kids lol plus i dislike carrots so there's another reason for why my eyes are like "nope" and up and blurring on me DX silly eye's i needs you lol.

I don't wear glasses all the time, but I have to wear them when I drive because things are kind of blurry at a distance so I can't read signs and stuff. It's cool when I wear glasses though cause everything looks HD lol

Edited by Champion RD92

I'm actually the only member of my family who doesn't have something wrong with their eyes. My mom refuses to accept this fact and keeps making me take vision tests, which I always pass. My dad actually doesn't wear glasses either, but he used to until he accidentally ran them over with his car and when he went to get new ones, they examined his eyes and said he didn't need them.