1. 1. Do you wear glasses?

• Yes I do.
    • No I don't.
  2. 2. Why?

• I'm far sighted.
    • I'm near sighted.
    • Other. (Please specify)
    • I don't wear glasses.

I'm actually the only member of my family who doesn't have something wrong with their eyes. My mom refuses to accept this fact and keeps making me take vision tests, which I always pass. My dad actually doesn't wear glasses either, but he used to until he accidentally ran them over with his car and when he went to get new ones, they examined his eyes and said he didn't need them.

why is your mom so obsessed with you getting glasses? you'd think she be happy that your not blind XD lol and funny with your dad that must of been a "what....SRSLY?" moment.

Yes, and I absolutely love it.

I've been wearing them for about 9 years right now (or at least I think so), and I can't live without them. I put them off only for swim classes and before I go to sleep, but instead of this cases, I never put them off. I can't imagine living without them.

I've never tried contact lenses but I don't want them. I look weird without my glasses and I don't want to put anything in my eyes.

Tl;dr?

I JUST FUCKING LOVE MY GLASSIES:

• Brohoof 3

Yes, I HAVE glasses, but I don't wear them too much. I prefer my contact lenses; no "limits" as to how much you can see.

I do wear my glasses, but only when I wake up (until I shower) and after I take my contacts out and the time until I get in my bed (usually only 10-30 mins).

I used to. No, I don't wear contacts now. I was farsighted but somehow, my glasses began giving me headaches, I went to the optometrist and BAM, 20/20 vision. No idea how. Maybe it was the carrots my mom made me ate. 

When in doubt, eat carrots :P

Considering as how I've been nearsighted for years, I always wear glasses 24/7, especially while driving, although I might consider getting contact lenses if I want to join racing, since I'll have to wear a full-face helmet and not being able to wear it through the racing helmet.

No, but there are times that I wish I did. Sometimes I feel like I need to dramatically remove my glasses (if I wore them) in response to a situation for added effect.

I feel bad for my dad though. He needs to wear glasses in order to see a target when shooting, but then he can't see the sights. If he takes them off he can see the sights, but he can't see the target.

I also Have a Photic Sneeze Reflex

So do I. Sometimes it can be useful. Ever feel like you need to sneeze but it just won't happen, then your nose burns? Fortunately we can just look at the sun and remedy that.

I'm very nearly blind. I've had friends put my glasses on before and take them off immediately, claiming to suddenly have a migraine. Although, when other people look through my glasses crosseyed, they can see everything perfectly. It's kinda funny.

You sound like a friend of mine who is legally blind without them. I guess whatever you see without your glasses is what somebody with proper vision sees when they put them on. If that's how it works, then my friend has frosted glass for eyes.

This should read "74" (as I'm told) that means your color vision should be normal, "21" (what I see) if you have some sort of color blindness

That's interesting. Apparently you can't see shades of green resembling olive very well but you can see the darker shades. I can understand why you would see a "1," but the "2" escapes me.

When I was born, I was cross-eyed. Doctors were able to fix this when I was five, but I was still left with slight lazy eye problems, which is why I have glasses.

Both of my eyes go lazy or something when my picture is taken with a flash. I don't even notice it, but my eyes half close when the flash happens. One time after a school picture the photography company had to Shop my eyes open and I ended up looking like this:

275.png

Except the rest of my expression was more "durrrrr..."

I wear glasses and I wear them because I am near sighted.

Not sure of what my vision actually is, but it seems pretty bad at times. :lol:

but I do have red–green color blindness.

So do I bro!

Just earlier today I got into a little debate because of it! XD

Wait, I'm supposed to see a "21" in that cirlce?

I totally can't find it. :x

Edited by TGAP DJ HVen MM the Mighty

While i do not wear glasses as of now, i did once wear some when i was in about 2nd-3rd grade,

after wearing them for awhile i guess the eye doctor said i was fine and i just needed to sit closer

to the front of the class.

I am nearsighted, and my right eye is far worse than my left eye despite being my dominant eye. My glasses are dark brown and plastic, and I think I'll need to get new ones soon. I want to get LASIK surgery in about 10 years.

BTW, does anyone get "light halos" around lightsources?

My Right eye is horrible, I can't see my computer screen with that eye alone, and in order to keep my other eye from becoming just as bad as this one, I wear glasses, I don't wear them all the time, I don't like wearing glasses :L

i'm using glasses since 4th or 5th grade. i'm near-sighted with a visual-handicap of seeing about 60% less than what you're supposed to see. i like them, though. i think they look nice. i'd like some kind of shades-attachments to it, though, since i have a big problem with sun getting into my eyes. i can't look straight when i'm outside. i don't have the money for that, however...

I have glasses, yet I hardly ever wear them. I'm near sighted in my right eye (among other things), so anything more than a few feet away becomes an illegible blur. When I went to get my eyes checked, the doctor actually wanted to check my right vision first...and the eye chart dissolved  into a blurry mess with the top line just barely readable. I can still remember what went through my head in that moment:

"Oh, this is gonna suck."

Edited by PoisonClaw

I need to wear glasses like most people in thread do. I am short sighted and I only wear glasses in class. That terrible day, I sat at the back of the classroom and everything on the board was blurry.

I am nearsighted and I wear glasses all the time. My glasses are not expensive (from Zenni Optical) but they are very good quality and make a strong statement. I have 5 pairs and I choose my glasses to match the colors I am wearing that day.

Nope, I have really good vision so the closest thing I wear to glasses are shades because when I get out of work sometimes the sun can sometimes shine right in my eyes.

I do indeed. I'm near sighted.

I have really nice frames. They're rimless, transparent green, and made of a really durable yet flexible plastic. They cost $400, but they're really worth it. I've had them for nearly 10 years, and they're still perfectly fine. I just had to get the lenses changed a few times as I grew and my eyes got worse.

I wear glasses, I actually am due for my annual exam and I think my prescription needs to be tweaked some

Turns out my left eye has needed a prescription for quite some time, and due to going without it the strain my right eye went under for trying to correct the vision of my left eye has now caused it to need a prescription :huh:

I discovered this when I transferred to the university I am doing my bacholer's degree at and all of a sudden I had to hold my textbook pretty far out to even make sense of the words on the page and to not be struck with nausea and headaches. Turns out I am far sighted but even my ability to see far off is a hindered without my glasses, things are not nearly as clear without my glasses on, especially close up.

I haven't really considered contacts, I am curious about them though just as a way to change things up. I also have to ask myself if on my wedding day i want to wear glasses or contacts.

Edited by Sugarcube