Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who Are You Closest To?

Who, in your life, are closest to emotionally? A family member, a friend, a pet, someone online, etc.?

For me, I'm incredibly close to all my friends, but my best friend Jacob is who I'm closest to (physically, too, lol we're very touchy-feely with each other). What about you?

This is probably going to sound really pathetic, but I would say I'm closest to my golden retriever. He's always been there, he never judges me, and no matter what happens, he can cheer me up, at least a little. He's truly man's best friend. I have always had trouble connecting with other people, but my dog will love me unconditionally. Probably after him would be my mother, my father, my cat, and then my brothers.

• Brohoof 7

My wife of ten years. The only women I have ever met that was special enough to understand me. Bear in mind this is not a statement of ego, I am nobody special. What I mean is that she accepts and loves the collection of behaviors, beliefs and whatnot that makes up me

• Brohoof 1

Now this is hard jJiXm.png

If this is two years ago, it would be my sister. She wasn't really always there when I need her, but she looked at me as a guardian. She always asked me to join her whenever she want to do something fun. When she found or made something nice, she would show me first before anyone else. She was an angel, but these two years hadn't been kind to both of us.

<I still miss her, though>

I came here, and then I began to think, just who AM i most close to...

I realized that I don't know, and I realized that I have never, ever, fully opened myself up to anyone.

I guess that I would have to say that I am most emotionally close with Jesus, as stupid as that may sound to a lot of you, which I don't really care.

• Brohoof 1

My friend, Big Jeff, though recently we haven't been able to hang out much. We've known each other for about 11 years and we've been through a lot together, especially during times when we had nobody else we could turn to. I guess one could say, Jeff and Artemis on the ocean.

but my best friend Jacob is who I'm closest to (physically, too, lol we're very touchy-feely with each other).

post-6104-0-86116300-1354666445.jpg

I'm the same way with one of mine tbh.

I came here, and then I began to think, just who AM i most close to...

I realized that I don't know, and I realized that I have never, ever, fully opened myself up to anyone.

I guess that I would have to say that I am most emotionally close with Jesus, as stupid as that may sound to a lot of you, which I don't really care.

I feel the same way. I've never been able to open myself up to anyone so I've never been able to connect with people.  That's why I chose my dog, because I just can't get close to people, though I have been trying to connect with people more lately.

• Brohoof 1

I feel the same way. I've never been able to open myself up to anyone so I've never been able to connect with people.  That's why I chose my dog, because I just can't get close to people, though I have been trying to connect with people more lately.

Well, I have connected a lot with one of my only REAL fiends that I care a lot for. I just have not, and most likely never will, FULLY open up to him. I don't know if I will ever be able to fully open up my heart outside of my writing.

• Brohoof 1

My husband and my sister. They are the reason I get up in the morning and work myself to the bone. They are my family and all I care about is providing for them and giving them the best life I can possible give them. (:

~

• Brohoof 3

The one I'm closest to is the one I'm inseparable from. The one I'm closest to is the one I can be truly happy with. The one I'm closest to can understand me even if I talk in code.

That's right, the one I'm closest to is my computer.

(Slightly) more serious answer: my best friend (who also happens to be a brony) and my sister. The same three things apply, however.

I'm close to no one, really.  The only thing closest to someone I'm close to is my friend.  I honestly dislike spending time with my family so, I guess its friends.

Out of my immediate friends and family, I'm closest to my younger sister. It's kind of an odd love/hate relationship between us though (which is probably typical of siblings); we can annoy the crap out of each other some times, but we're able to get along most splendidly a majority of the time, moreso than with anyone else I know. Not that we share too similar of interests, MLP being a major one, but she's accepting of it, and I know she'll beat up any bully who tries to mess with me for wearing brony merchandise. :P

I don't know. I am close, and yet distant from my family--my relationship with them is quite wobbly.

I have little to no friends at school. The two friends I do have, I don't truly think of them as best friends.

So I guess that leaves just one person in real life--my baby brother who was just born this Thanksgiving. He's a huge gift. He's beautiful, his skin is smooth, and he's just plain adorable. I haven't hugged or held him for a whole week because of my cold, and it's starting to drive me crazy.

If it's online friends/people I've never met, then it's quite obviously and @Lightning Fluttershy, both of whom are ten times better than anyone I've met in real life with handling problems, having fun with, et cetera. I can honestly say that without them I would have quit the forums without a thought.

Non-real people? Applejack. No explanation necessary.

Edited by Santa Clare
  • Brohoof 2

My mother. She's been there for me alot in the past and we have a great relasionship. I would like to say my dad but I haven't seen him since May... I guess I should ring him instead of waiting for him to ring me.

Not many. I hate my entire family except for my mom, who I love to death. I guess I'm very close to her.

I have no friends in real life. I used to have one named Surya. We were best friends and did pretty much everything together. One fateful day though his dad got a job in India and he had to move. I still keep in touch with him though so I'm pretty close to him.

Now here are the big hitters. My two best friends and @Slick Skies.

Santa Clare is amazingly supportive of me and can relate to my life, which is amazing. She's so good at helping me work out life problems and fun to game with. I honestly don't know how much longer I would have lasted without all of her support and kindness. <3

Slick Skies has been my friend here from day one on the forums. Literally from the first day I signed up we became friends. He's funny, cool to talk to, understanding, supportive. I can easily say I think of him like a brother. <3

Edited by Lightning Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 2

The one I am closest to is mah grandma, family wise. Gotta love mah little bro and mah mom, too. In fact, I'm just gonna say mah entire family, how 'bout that ;)?

Friend-wise, . I've made it clear many times just how much I love Clari and how much she means to me. I just wished she didn't live in China, and lived in the US, then we would be able to talk to each other more :).

• Brohoof 1

The truth is that I'm not really sure at this point.

Out of my family, it probably has to be my mom. Although she has just not been supportive of everything I am, and that really hurts. Beyond that she's a fantastic mom, and has done a whole lot for me. A whole lot more than she has had to.

That sad thing is that out of my "best friends" - the ones whom I've been the closest to and aren't so judgmental - I never see any of them anymore. I have plans to see one of them a couple of times in the next week. But sadly before that, the last time I saw one of them was pretty much exactly a year ago.

The one I'm with the most I just can't consider a best friend. I can't be close with him. Not since he turned into the person he is today, where he rejects everything I am. He acts so confused as to why I can't consider him a close friend. *sighs*

I don't really know, I can't honestly say I have 100% full trust in any one person. And I don't really have many friends, aswell as after my parents separation I don't really trust them anymore.

Theres always my brother, but I don't really tell him anything of great worth.

I'm not a very trustworthy person, so I'm not really that close to anybody as of now.

I have has horrible experiences with those that I was "close" to in the past. I was already a pretty private person but every time I allow myself to be emotionally close it ends up turning on me. Now, I keep my distance now and generally avoid allowing myself to become emotionally attached anything/one.

It makes people see me as a "snob" or (I've gotten this one a lot) a "rich, stuck up bitch" but it's better off for me and everyone if I maintain my sphere of self-loathing. It can be lonely, but it's better than me being bullied and having people gossip about me, isn't it?

Edited by PinkieDaShy

• 6 years later...

There are very few people on this planet I consider to be very close with. That would be....

My parents and siblings. 

My boyfriend. 

and my best friend Jarrett.

That's pretty much it. I have lot's of other friends but I wouldn't really consider them close friends, just cool people I might hang out with every once in a while.