Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[Spoilers] Mere Coincidence?

ReGen

Now everybody who saw the new episode knows how Rainbow Dash took Scootaloo under her wing (Finally), right?

rainbow_dash_and_scootaloo_by_the_prover

That just reminded me of another case similar to that...

Sonic_and_tails.png

That's right. I'm saying Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo are basically pony versions of these two.  :blink:

Don't believe me? Read this from the Sonic the Hedgehog 2 manual:

Miles "Tails" Prower, the fox, can't sit still when Sonic's around. Ever since Miles was a baby fox, he's dreamed of being like Sonic. He loves to run after Sonic, waving his two tails behind him, trying to keep up with his hero!

Mostly, Sonic lets him trail along. But sometimes, just to show off, Sonic explodes in a burst of super speed and leaves him behind. But Miles doesn't give up. He whirls his tails like a helicopter rotor and takes off flying until he catches up!

All the animals call Miles by his nickname, "Tails", because of his two special tails. And one day they saw an astonishing feat...

They were all together in the forest, watching Sonic perform. Sonic would run, spin and jump in his Super Spin Attack. Then "Tails" would whirl like a turbo engine and blast off in his Super Dash Attack. What a showoff!

Suddenly, "Tails" just couldn't help himself. He took a running start, curled up his tails, and - whoosh - he was spinning like Sonic!

Tails idolized Sonic much like Scootaloo did. He wanted to impress Sonic; again, leik Scoots.

Also, Tails is (According to the Sonic Heroes manual) 8 years old, which is how i'm guessing Scoots is around.

Maybe i'm overthinking this, but what do you think of this? I'm hoping to see some fanfics.  ^_^
  • Brohoof 11

I'll admit, the parallels between the two are pretty uncanny.  Still, I figure it's just coincidental, but that doesn't mean they're not uncannily similar.  Also, I'll be the first to admit, I'm not that well acquainted with the Sonic series, so I may not have a good grasp of how similar or different they are.  Still, good eye, and interesting theory to be sure.

• Brohoof 2

Every speedy blue thing needs to have a cute orange sidekick.

I've seen the similarities for a long time now. It's just now been made an even more legit comparison though.

• Brohoof 5

I never saw a lot Sonic or watched the show, but I do have to say that what I did watch, Tails was my favorite. Scoots is my favorite of the CMC. I definitely see the similarities between the two.

• Brohoof 1

Change the words around and look what happens:

Scootaloo, the pegasus, can't sit still when Rainbow Dash's around. Ever since Scootaloo was a baby pony, she's dreamed of being like Rainbow Dash. She loves to run after Rainbow, waving her tail behind her, trying to keep up with her hero!

Mostly, Rainbow Dash lets her trail along. But sometimes, just to show off, Rainbow Dash explodes in a burst of super speed and leaves her behind. But Scoots doesn't give up. She flaps her wings like a jet and takes off flying until she catches up!

All the ponies call Scootaloo by her nickname, "Scoots", because of her scooter. And one day they saw an astonishing feat...

They were all together in the forest, watching Rainbow perform. She would run, spin and fly. Then "Scoots" would whirl like a turbo engine and blast off in her Sonic Rainboom. What a showoff!

Suddenly, "Scoots" just couldn't help herself. She took a running start, jumped in the air, and - whoosh - he was flying like Rainbow Dash!

• Brohoof 1

And they said new ponies could not make great posts, haha!

Awesome observation right there! I would never have found a thing like this myself since I am not really a Sonic fan. Also, I don't think they have taken it from Sonic even though it's very similar.

• Brohoof 1