khaine21x3

Your view on the current youtube  

73 users have voted

1. 1. Does it suck now?

• yes
    • no
    • other

Guys, stop complaining, listen to this: 

I think it's ultimately the users that are causing the death of youtube and I am perfectly fine with the layout considering they provide the entire site on merely ad revenue. Sure the new layout has a few bugs as it is still pretty young, which is why there is a "SEND FEEDBACK" button on the bottom right corner of your screen! Use it!

Anyway, back on topic. It is getting more and more difficult to find a good channel to subscribe to. It's actually quite remiscent to the justin tv retro gaming community. It's still there, but it really fragmented once the site changed their focus.

More importantly, explain your grievances calmly and bring proper arguments, I for one did.

It's not a bad layout, it's not very good, the thing I dislike the most is having to click twice to get to new subscriptions., Which frankly annoys me.

• Brohoof 4

Although I don't have to suffer from the gigantic white space (I'm on an HP laptop with a 1366X768 screen res.), I still don't like the layout.  I really don't like the new homepage, I could care less about PewDiePie, RWJ, and Shane Dawson, I'd rather be watching ponies or saabkyle04.  Put more variety on the homepage.  The only thing I like about it is being able to see the avatars of people who commented on videos.

I am honestly unbiased by the new look of youtube

I am more or less upset about the fact that waiting for videos to buffer is now a chore in itself <_<

Even on the lowest quality it STILL buffers horrendously

• Brohoof 3

Guys, stop complaining, listen to this: 

More importantly, explain your grievances calmly and bring proper arguments, I for one did.

It's not a bad layout, it's not very good, the thing I dislike the most is having to click twice to get to new subscriptions., Which frankly annoys me.

I used the send feedback button to complain about the massive white space

and what's up with this minimalist design? It hurts my eyes at night!

Instead of having that HUGE white space they could move the description of each video to beside it so it is easier to read. Also if you are new to youtube you get no exposure and no-one gets to see you because of the huge channels blocking everyone with their content appearing all over youtube. Lastly I am sick to death of the amount of advertising on youtube, every video I want to watch seems I have to watch a 30 second video on some terrible auto tuned band I don't care about. If I were to improve the youtube advert system I would try and tailor the adverts to what the user likes (Like taking data from there watched videos), otherwise the user will just get ad blocker and make all the ads completely useless. 

To be honest I wasn't even surprized when it happened...but I'm sure it won't stay for long and around April, we're going to enjoy an even worse design, that's going to be nothing but a blank page with the recommended celebrity poop, and in order to be able to search for anything, you'll have to have watched at least x hours of celebrity video footage...or pay to upload a video...or pay to be able to comment on videos. I just hope there's going to be a smarter company that finds the perfect balance between generating profit and doing what the users would like to see.

Edited by Zacharias

I am honestly unbiased by the new look of youtube

I am more or less upset about the fact that waiting for videos to buffer is now a chore in itself <_<

Even on the lowest quality it STILL buffers horrendously

Good to know I'm not the only one having the buffer issue; it's really been pissing me off. I'm on a 15Mbit/s connection and should have no problems streaming Youtube content. It seems to mainly be an issue for me during certain times of the day, though, namely in the afternoons/evenings.

On another note, there seems to be a bug with the playlist "shuffle" option (at least on Google Chrome) where an entry "0" is shuffled to, although it doesn't exist. From there, the playlist repeats the last video it played over and over again without shuffling to the next video. Anyone else with this issue?

Anypony remember the big yellow subscribe button? I remember when that first change happened, everyone hated it. Then they got used to it, and actually began to enjoy the new layout. Then YT changed the layout again to something horrid. Everyone hated it, then got used to it. Rinse and repeat. We'll get used to this layout, then complain when they change it again. 

You know what the worse part is? 

We'll never see that big yellow Subscribe button ever again.  :(

My main problem is that the main focus for the homepage is no longer your subscriptions but your sufestions instead(although there is a chroneplugin to change that) but through this realised why they must have done this in the layout, in theold layout most people will just have their subscriptions up all the time which means they had little variation in who they watched, I believe that the new layout is to encourage watching new videos.

As for the White space, that's unknown territory for me, I haven't accessed YouTube on my desktop yet as I'm stil waiting on my replacement CPU, could it be something for partners or to show you your uploaded videos? I should hopefully be able to confirm this next week if it is.

in theold layout most people will just have their subscriptions up all the time which means they had little variation in who they watched, I believe that the new layout is to encourage watching new videos.

Yes, it's pretty obvious, but most of the time it's just trying to shove BS content in your face you don't really care about. They're forcing you to watch their top partner channels out of greed.

Yes, it's pretty obvious, but most of the time it's just trying to shove BS content in your face you don't really care about. They're forcing you to watch their top partner channels out of greed.

Not nessisarily, the suggestions are based on what you watch, if you watch slot of top pertnered channels then thaw what you see, my suggestions are mainly ponies and midrage to low range youtubers, YouTube make no more money per view on an a top partner than a low down partner, infact they may make less, the top partners only make them so much money because they pull in so many more views.

Yeah you can tell now if someones a Brony if they have a pony avatar. That is a nice thing. But I don't like the placement of the thumbs up and down button on users comments...

fyi, not all bronies have mlp-related avatars. ;P

I only one person that doesnt. Friend in real life and on skype. I can send pictures for proof