Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you react if Gen 5 changed the show?

Chaotic☆Cupcake

I really really hope that your view on the human race will change. Going around thinking that everyone is egoists and only cares for themselves is a miserable thought. Besides, there's plenty of proof that humans are not all egoists. Many millions give money to charity and people do stuff to help others (also just in day to day life). History remembers many people and of course some of them are bound to be egoistic. Painting that behaviour on the human race as a whole is the same as saying every brony is a clopper though.

Sure, it's opinion but even with a pessimistic viewpoint there is no base for a fear regarding something you can't possibly hope to know anything about.

Of course money is their real goal but I think they've seen with MLP:FiM that it is worth it to make a good cartoon because people will love it. People loving it means more money. If the majority likes MLP:FiM why should they make G5 so different? They should know now that to earn lots of money on a show, make it good.

There is always an ulterior motives when humans decides to help others, charity is a good example.Most charities either do it to benefit themselves or are simply a proxy for big corporations to increase profits, religious organizations(not all) have a long history of using money to expand influence and build more religious buildings instead of helping the poor.For the average person who donates, they do it to feel better and they never stop to think what harm their donation will cause society while the rich does it to gain publicity which will cause them to get even more profit and influence.

I base what it on history and what I've personally seen and experienced in over a dozen countries with different political and economic system. I've met with dictators, wealthy businessmen, religious leaders, people of different countries and I just don't see the goodness in mankind.

As for the profit motive, they have shown even in the current MLP that they're willing to outsource to Philippines which causes so many animation errors and some parts were animated poorly.So I think that it isn't a far fetched speculation that they might outsource writers to India or do even more budget cuts on animation.There are lots of animation that has been rebooted in very poorly done 3d to cut down animating costs.

There is always an ulterior motives when humans decides to help others, charity is a good example.Most charities either do it to benefit themselves or are simply a proxy for big corporations to increase profits, religious organizations(not all) have a long history of using money to expand influence and build more religious buildings instead of helping the poor.For the average person who donates, they do it to feel better and they never stop to think what harm their donation will cause society while the rich does it to gain publicity which will cause them to get even more profit and influence.

I base what it on history and what I've personally seen and experienced in over a dozen countries with different political and economic system. I've met with dictators, wealthy businessmen, religious leaders, people of different countries and I just don't see the goodness in mankind.

As for the profit motive, they have shown even in the current MLP that they're willing to outsource to Philippines which causes so many animation errors and some parts were animated poorly.So I think that it isn't a far fetched speculation that they might outsource writers to India or do even more budget cuts on animation.There are lots of animation that has been rebooted in very poorly done 3d to cut down animating costs.

I don't think there's always another motive. Of course some people do it for the reasons you mention but I am sure that many many people do it because they want to do something good for the world. I do it for that reason at least.

I don't think all the charity organizations are money collectors like you say. Sounds like conspiracy theories if I'm honest.

Besides, my point still stands. Not all humans are egoists. People help others, not because they get something for it but to help. Maybe the people you've met has all been stupid (besides, dictators, wealthy businessmen and religious leaders wouldn't be the best call for sympathetic people) but that doesn't mean everyone in the whole world is.

Personally, I think it is pretty far fetched speculating that writing will be outsourced to India. I mean, why the hell would they do that? The writers that are writing now are known in the community and changing writers would alienate the fandom. That means less money so I really don't see why they would do it.

That depends on the nature of the changes, there are going to be changes in Generation 5 that is a given since every generation since Generation 2 has been a reboot but with the unexpected rise of the bronies in this generation and since Hasbro does seem to be one of the smarter companies out there I don't think they are going to screw up Generation 5. For all we know Generation 5 could end up being a sequel series to Generation 4, but even if Generation 5 ends up being another reboot that dosen't mean that the changes made are going to be bad. We seriously don't even know anything about it, we don't even know exactly how many seasons there are ultimately going to be in Generation 4 though I think Hasbro is going to try to keep that running as long as they can. I understand the concerns of some here but there is no point in panicking over details we probably won't see for quite some time, yes MLP could go downhill but the opposite could happen and Generation 5 might end up being just as good or possibly even better than Generation 4.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think there's always another motive. Of course some people do it for the reasons you mention but I am sure that many many people do it because they want to do something good for the world. I do it for that reason at least.

I don't think all the charity organizations are money collectors like you say. Sounds like conspiracy theories if I'm honest.

Besides, my point still stands. Not all humans are egoists. People help others, not because they get something for it but to help. Maybe the people you've met has all been stupid (besides, dictators, wealthy businessmen and religious leaders wouldn't be the best call for sympathetic people) but that doesn't mean everyone in the whole world is.

Personally, I think it is pretty far fetched speculating that writing will be outsourced to India. I mean, why the hell would they do that? The writers that are writing now are known in the community and changing writers would alienate the fandom. That means less money so I really don't see why they would do it.

Charities helping the rich or themselves instead of the poor a conspiracy theory? you can easily google it esp like Kony 2012 and starving kids in africa. I personally know some of the businessmen who uses charity as their proxy so I'm no conspiracy theorist but a conspiracy realist and pardon my irrational hypothesis that a religious leader driving a ferrari in a country where the middle class makes $5 per day is stealing the donation money.

The people who are not egoist are usually manipulated by the egoist into doing harm onto others whether they realize it or not, whether you're referring to democracy or charity and they never seem to want to admit their participation in genocide and slavery that is still happening thanks to them.Some of those money end up in the pockets of warlords who recruit child solders to kill and violate innocents.

http://blackagendareport.com/content/social-media-scam-alert-top-ten-ways-tell-kony-phony

I don't think that enough people even know who the writers or producers of the show are aside from the very mall hardcore online base, the same can be said about any video games, animation, movies, etc.Most of hasbro's profits comes from toys so it doesn't matter if they shed all certain parts of the fanbase if profits keeps rising.

Edited by khaine21x3

Really, it all depends on who is in charge of G5 when it's made. If the creators of G4 decide to carry out their work on the next generation of ponies, we are in good hooves. Let's just hope the current creators decide to help with G5.

mlfw1936-132455587156.gif

I've seen the badness happen before, where new owners come in and completely ruin a good T.V. series, causing fans excruciating butthurt. Pokemon for example, was awesome until G4 and G5 came to life. They had very poorly made the new pokemon, and they failed with the development of the story. I can't even BARE watching the new pokemon movies! :wacko:

Shameful pony X pokemon G5 cannon crossover:

Pokemon%2BFigure%2BTomyMC%2BKeldeo%2BTom

Pray to Celestia it won't be like this.

• Brohoof 1

If/when G5 is made we bronies need to make our presence known early and often during the development process and during test screenings. We already have a somewhat guiding hoof in a lot of the series as it is, maybe we should step that up next time around?

Yes and by time Generation 5 does come around that influence could be even greater than it is now, it seems like the pony fever has been spreading like wildfire and it is not just little girls anymore.

Who says there will be a next gen? What if Hasbro (or Disney, if you believe the rumors that they plan to acquire Hasbro.) decides, 
"Why fix what ain't broken?" and keeps it G4?

Who says there will be a next gen? What if Hasbro (or Disney, if you believe the rumors that they plan to acquire Hasbro.) decides, 

Merchandise for an IP oversaturate the market eventually and you'll need a completely new setting or new IP to keep selling goods.

Don't give them any smart ideas...

In regards to the OP, I think it is a scary prospect.  I've already seen a slight (and by slight, I mean a tiny sliver) decrease in quality for Season 3. 

That's interesting, because I think the Royal Wedding, The Crystal Kingdome, and Magic Duel are some of the best episodes so far.'

I think G5 is a long way off, Hasbro with continue milking G4 until it bleeds. Honestly, when a re-tool does happen, it be even better with the idea it's for girls shattered and buried. 

I definitely think that people realize how wonderful Lauren Faust's art is for this show, along with the writing for the episodes, and that they are doing well enough now to not change a thing. If anything does change in the future, I will stay a FiM fan anyway.

• Brohoof 1

That one was dispelled quite a while ago, actually, both companies came forward and said it wan't happening.

"Can take me high enough/to fly me over yesterdayyyy"

That's interesting, because I think the Royal Wedding, The Crystal Kingdome, and Magic Duel are some of the best episodes so far.'

I think G5 is a long way off, Hasbro with continue milking G4 until it bleeds. Honestly, when a re-tool does happen, it be even better with the idea it's for girls shattered and buried. 

Like I said, it's a small sliver.  It would probably take ages before it becomes anything that could be called significant.  I still like season 3 in all its glory, it's just seems a tad less in some way.  I can't put my hoof on it...

Like I said, it's a small sliver.  It would probably take ages before it becomes anything that could be called significant.  I still like season 3 in all its glory, it's just seems a tad less in some way.  I can't put my hoof on it...

It think the wedding just set a bar so damn high it made everything else look weak in comparison to it, it was a real doozy of an episode, and "To Many Pinkie Pies" was kinda of a weak opener for the regular part of the season.  

I'll be disappointed once Generation 4 runs its course, but there's a whole lot of more of it to come. We've only barely scratched the surface of its potential, after all - to think that it wouldn't inspire Generation 5 to make some sort of epic run of its own would be insane at this point.

I'll be disappointed once Generation 4 runs its course, but there's a whole lot of more of it to come. We've only barely scratched the surface of its potential, after all - to think that it wouldn't inspire Generation 5 to make some sort of epic run of its own would be insane at this point.

They've already cut budgets for season 3 and beyond as well as reducing the episodes due to their research team indicating that it'll maximize profit so I'm not too confident that they'll go for quality in G5.

They've already cut budgets for season 3 and beyond as well as reducing the episodes due to their research team indicating that it'll maximize profit so I'm not too confident that they'll go for quality in G5.

If there's ever a G5, that is. If G4 gets to be more popular than anyone would anticipate, it would make little to no sense to scrap it one day and start anew.

• Brohoof 1

Obviously the budget is lower if they're making less episodes. I don't really mind the shorter seasons - it just means more season premier/finales as we move along. The two-parters tend to be of epic proportions so I really don't mind.

Besides, I don't see how any of this is pointing towards Hasbro not going for quality in G5.

Hopefully, they'd have learned something from this generation. Mainly, to not underestimate the marketing potential that a well crafted show can offer. After all, who of us could give it a fair judgment beforehand? what you dislike today, might not be the case in the future.

Not sure how I would react to any changes G5 will bring to us, I rather doubt I would still have a lot of mean time to watch it when it come out. It's way too early to say that the G5 will be better/worse.

If the latest few episodes can be used as a comparison, I daresay that they embrace the fanon more than before. If things keep going like this, we might see a G5 that is largely fan-driven. Whether it's a god or bad thing, I can't really say, and I don't really care either. Long story short, my reaction if they changes everything that essentially make G4 good would be 'meh'

If/when G5 is made we bronies need to make our presence known early and often during the development process and during test screenings. We already have a somewhat guiding hoof in a lot of the series as it is, maybe we should step that up next time around?

You know what I imagine happening if bronies were given that opportunity?

I imagine that any significant changes would be booed, even if the changes were not necessarily bad. I imagine a room full of bronies at SDCC and Hasbro is showing a room full of bronies a sneak peek at the new series, and many of them hate it because they are so caught up with the fact that they miss their old ponies and they just want FiM back.

Now, I hope that if bronies were given a chance to view a sneak peek that they wouldn't react this way. I hope that if there is criticism that it would be handled maturely and constructively. But considering that the majority of this thread is shaking in their boots over something that isn't going to exist for another decade, I do not have a lot of faith in the brony community right now. :P

And I don't know if you guys realize this yet, but Hasbro loves us bronies. You heard me right. The only way that Hasbro would stop keeping bronies in mind when making new decisions is if they hired a shitty businessman who doesn't know anything about us and made executive MLP decisions without considering whether or not we will still be valuable customers.

And guess what? What if Gen 5 sucks? Will we all die? Will we all go insane? Will bronies be doomed to a life of despair and loneliness? Um, no. Guys. MLP is just a TV show. Stop treating it like a religion and you will be OK with the outcome of a new generation no matter what, because chances are, by 2020, you will have moved onto other things, even if MLP FiM has a special place in your hearts.

• Brohoof 1