Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Remastered Rarity picture

Gaupa95

Well.. I did a redo on this picture : http://fav.me/d5mpjip

Let's start with, I used 4 hours in total (1 hour +/-)
I did Redrew everything. and the reason? well it bothered me that I had that horrid picture and that I didn't make a proper picture out of it. 

I listed all the issues I found at the DA page.  But if you find Something that I didn't notice, Please. add a comment. Thought this is not my greatest work... I AM HORRIBLE!

Well have the picture 

post-1988-0-79138600-1355089868_thumb.png

http://fav.me/d5nn4su
^DA Link

So... Please trow at me whatever you got :P

• Brohoof 7

that is a very nice drawing you made there, the mane looks really awesome, and with eyes opened it looks kinda more dynamic :D. I really do like the (to me) kinda sceptical way you made her look. Great that you made her snout a bit softer (at the original it was a bit too sharp, but that now looks just right (though the snout should maybe stay a tiny bit out from the face, but that´s just my opinion)...

the smile is just fine, could maybe  be a tiny bit wider.... but all in all, very good work

• Brohoof 1

Colours are good, mane is near perfect (there shouldn't be any white in the left curl though). Biggest offender at the moment is the snout: To go for a somewhat show accurate look, it should be confined to the lowest third of the head.

The highlights in the eyes don't match each other.

And I'm not really sure what expression you're going for with the eyes

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard
  • Brohoof 1

I think the main aspect killing this piece is the snout -- not only is it rather large, it's completely flat and doesn't portray any three-dimensional volume or forms. I'd probably start by practicing drawing some basic 3 dimensional shapes at many different angles, and then move onto more complex forms, leading into finally constructing a My Little Pony from its different forms.

• Brohoof 1

I love this! May I suggest a few recommendations?

post-1988-0-79138600-1355089868_thumb.pn

1. With the horn and ears, the tips of them should be rounded.

2. Rarity's eyes are suppose to be almond-shaped. You gave her eyes that would much rather fit Celestia, if you were to draw her.

3. The muzzle needs to be thinner and rounder. Also try lowering it, and making it stick out more. (Look at pictures of FiM mares to get proportions right)

4. In Rarity's mane, her curls are a bit off. Also, the top-left corner of her mane sticks out a bit too much.

That's pretty much it! I only critique people who I think has potential, so don't take this critique hard. You are really a great artist, so be sure keep drawing! :D

• Brohoof 2

I love this! May I suggest a few recommendations?

post-1988-0-79138600-1355089868_thumb.pn

1. With the horn and ears, the tips of them should be rounded.

2. Rarity's eyes are suppose to be almond-shaped. You gave her eyes that would much rather fit Celestia, if you were to draw her.

3. The muzzle needs to be thinner and rounder. Also try lowering it, and making it stick out more. (Look at pictures of FiM mares to get proportions right)

4. In Rarity's mane, her curls are a bit off. Also, the top-left corner of her mane sticks out a bit too much.

That's pretty much it! I only critique people who I think has potential, so don't take this critique hard. You are really a great artist, so be sure keep drawing! :D

Thing is I already noticed a few of the mentioned above. and more. only reason I didn't fix them was basically because I were tired and wanted to finish the picture. I listed the ones I found bad on my DA page. 

But thanks Anyways. I Really appreciate Critics, I Use a lot of time on these pictures and want them too look as good as possible.