Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you fear dying?

Wolf-Boy

I've always wondered peoples opinions on this.  Personally, I don't fear dying.  We all have our time, and I won't fear it when mine comes.  Also, I wasn't sure where this topic would go, so I put in general discussion.

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
Added tags.
  • Brohoof 2

No, living in fear is no way of living besides I am only 26 I am not saying I can't die as tragedies can happen but I think I still have quite a bit of time left before I shake hands with the grim reaper.

Im not afraid of death itself because as we all know we can't last forever and will die at some point. The only fear about my death is WHEN its going to come. If i knew when i was going to die i would be more calm about it but the sheer fact that you could die at any given moment is what truly makes me fear death.

Edited by ~Chaotic Harmony~
  • Brohoof 1

Y'know, that would be the only problem I would have.  I don't want to suffer.  I'd rather die quickly and not knowing how I died than suffering from something, like maybe a poison or a terminal illness.

• Brohoof 1

I dont fear death, death fears me :P lol I kid I kid, but seriously i'm not fussed about dying or death in general. 

People die, animals die, things expire. Nobody is going to live forever, and if they do, they're going to wish they didn't in the long run of things. 

I've always said, as long as I die on a full stomach i'll be happy. 

• Brohoof 2

I fear death a little, especially if I was to dye anytime soon. But accidents do happen.

I can only hope that I can achieve some of my dreams before me and the Reaper meet, then perhaps I'll try to kill him. I'm sure that could lead to some hilarity.

Edited by Tom
  • Brohoof 3

I love your reply Tom.  That kinda just made my day.  Ya know, I might actually try to do the same thing, but I'd probably fail miserably.  But, I would regret nothing, and it would be totally worth it.  And the entire fight would be modeled after Dante's Inferno.

Fear of dying can be the worst weakeness, or the best streingh of an human being.

When you face danger, you often fear it, and this fear is allways more or less related to a danger, which can leads to pain or death.

So depending if you nead to avoid this danger, or face it, fear can give you natural reflexes, or block you.

How can you control this fear, strong nerves which alloweds you to restrain it, or madness to ignore and laugh at it.

Personaly I understand that death is a part of a natural cycle, and I dont mind dying after an intense life. I often tend to say that I could play with my life at "face or tail".

It's the idea of getting old, rusty, decrepified, that scares me. Going slowly but surely near from an inevitable end, and losing everyone and everything on your way to something you dont want, but that you will beg for because you will have less and less reasons to live, and fear to live long enough to loose all of them.

Marlyly, you made a very good point, but it was very depressing.  That is the kind of thinking I try to avoid......mostly because that's the kind of stuff I think about all the damn time.

It's not the fact that I fear the concept of death. We all die off eventually. It's the idea of how exactly I'm going to die.

If I'm going to die of old age or by some organ of mine just gives out, that's perfectly fine with me. Buuuut, if I die by immense pain or severing from a massive mutilation to my anatomy, that's something that makes me cringe. I don't want to die getting shot in the brain by some lunatic. I want to die naturally, not by some other force.

Edited by AegisReflector

I fear death a little, especially if I was to dye anytime soon. But accidents do happen.

I can only hope that I can achieve some of my dreams before me and the Reaper meet, then perhaps I'll try to kill him. I'm sure that could lead to some hilarity.

That's the spirit ;) .

Even if the "kill the reaper" stuff is kinda weird to tell (or to read) because I see death as something to be accepted, but enjoying your life before caring about death is the best way to think about it.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I honestly do fear dying,

I fear it almost everyday however, I do not let that stop me from living

I am only 22 years old right now, and I have a lot to live for before I die

• Brohoof 1

Do I fear Death itself, no. Do I fear dying? Yes. I think about my family that needs me so very badly. I think of all the things I enjoy in this world and how I wouldn't be able to do them anymore. No experiences. No more community or ponies. No more family and hugs and kisses. Obviously I wouldn't miss them after I was gone, but the thought of just being taken from that makes me sad. I don't live in fear of it happening. When it happens it will happen. I try everyday to make it not happen, but in the end I know it will. All I can hope for is to live long enough to reach a point in my life where I can say I've mattered and made a difference. I've done what I needed to do, even if I didn't get to do all I WANTED to do. If i'm honest with myself, I also fear that last 7 minutes as my brain dies...will I be awake? Will it hurt but will I be unable to cry out? Will I feel my body shutting down or will I just slip away....not how those last minutes will be is terrible.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I admit I do fear death simply because of how sudden it can be. Yeah, there are people who live to be over a hundred, but then you hear stories on the radio and news about people cut down in their prime and the way they talk about it makes it sound like no one gives a damn. It's always "And in other news, such and such accident has killed # of people, one of which was a struggling mother of three and another who was attending high school. And now for sports..."

• Brohoof 1

Ya know, that actually does make a little angry.  When they talk about an accident that killed people, and then they go straight to something unimportant.  They could at least acknowledge that they were living at one time.

I would say i don't fear dieing but you'll never know until the time comes. If its violant, I would be in fear at the time and trying to survive but there is no point living to fear death

I am not afraid of death.  It is simply just another stage of life.  Also, while I am not particiularly religious I do believe in an afterlife.  I suppose that might have something to do with my lack of fear. 

I'm not afraid of death as I've almost died plenty of times. The amount of times my friends have had to risk their own lives for me is unbelievable. I guess I've never really thought about dying much, it just seems unreal to me. I lost my dad and my nan (she was like my mum, I lived with her more than I did with my actual parents) but I just don't seem to able to get my head around the whole gone forever thing, ya know?

• Brohoof 2

Depends,

I personally wouldn't fear death if I was going to die for a noble cause such as saving my country or my family, but if it were to just happen by accident, it would just be horrible and meaningless. My biggest pet peeve is wasted potential, and dying in a car accident or being stabbed or shot over something materialistic is the most horrible thing I can think of, aside from dying after torture, because it's horrible + meaningless.

So I dunno, it really just depends, and if you really think about it the meaningless death could occur anytime really, so I guess I do fear death.

Edited by Brook