Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you fear dying?

Wolf-Boy

im not specifically afraid of death itself. im more afraid of the unknown, what exists after the curtain is drawn. i think my biggest fear would be dying before i could do alot of the things i want to do in my short time on earth, thats a true fear. 

a fear of death just handicaps your ability to live though. 

It's natural to fear what we do not know, but you shouldn't let that fear stop you and control your life. Since this very well could be our only go round, why not make it an enjoyable one?

When I die, I die, can't do shit to change that, therefore I'll just accept when I'm going to die, sure I'll try to prevent the preventable but when it's my time, it's my time. And where am I going after death? Six feet under the ground, that's where.

• Brohoof 1

I am not afraid of dying, because to be honest death sounds pretty good. Eternal resting sounds so much easier and better than life.

• Brohoof 1

I love life, quite a lot, I would say xD. But though I hope I get to live for a few more years, I have no fear of dying. I have some aims in life, I have some ideals I wanna keep... and if I can keep them, try my best to reach them and live after them all my life there is nothing to fear... If I die by accident or by illness early, well, ... no risk, no fun, praise the day xD

To be honest, I believe the fear of death is something simply human. It's not something to be ashamed of.

It's sort of a human instinct to value life above everything else. It's very, very rare to not be scared when facing death, like when you have a gun pointed at you, when you're about to fall and situations like that. Of course you can still 'keep your cool', but deep inside - correct me if I'm wrong -, we're all afraid of dying.

Perhaps only when we're much older and already feel like we've achieved everything we wanted. Then maybe we'll be able to say "I'm ready to go now". :)

I do fear death, but not in the sense that most people do.  I like very much watching peoples reactions to certain events.  The only reason that I don't want to die is the fact that I can't see how it will impact those around me. 

It's kinda' weird, I know, but that's just the way I feel about it. 

So i've been reading these replies, and I would like to make some amends to my previous response...

I'm not going to say that I fear death, or dying, nor am I going to try and play the cool guy who thinks it's awesome because he doesn't get scared of life's biggest promise. 

As it stands for me right now, I believe that we are born to die, we have our lives to live, and we have our time to leave this world, when that time comes i'll be there to greet it with a handshake and a smile. This is how I feel now.

However when my life actually gets some greater meaning - ie, I get somewhere in life, I leave college, I get a family and close friends, then I do believe that I will change my outlook on the matter. When I feel that I have something to leave behind, when I feel death coming for me, to force me to leave my loved ones behind, then I will change the way I look at things. 

I have to say i dont fear it anymore, I came close 2 years ago and theres nothing to be scared of at all, I know theres a fear of the unknown but sometimes its better not to overthink what we wont see

I don't really "fear" dying, but I don't want it to happen any time soon. Mostly because I've barely lived. I've barely experienced life and the world. I want to. I don't want to die before I ever get to live.

As I get older, I'll probably be less scared and more prepared for death. But for now, I want to keep living my life to the fullest.

I do fear of dying, but I'm not very worried about it.  I understand that one day that I will die and nothing I do can change that (for now), but I do fear the unknown.  Do we simply stop living after we die, or do we ascend in some way?  Do we reincarnate or do we relive our lived in a never ending loop?  All that matters is we do what all we can with the time given to us.

I do fear death, but I fear not being able to accomplish something before I die more. I believe that death is not the end. So if I would die now, my first thought is how disappointed I would be (as a spirit or so) that my life ended before I could do anything. By "anything" I mean graduating, getting a job, marrying someone, having a kid... et cetera. 
It's strange how these things didn't seem appealing to me at all a few years back. Now when I try to imagine a relationship with someone, I automatically ask myself, "but when would he ask for my hand?".  :lol: I went a little off-topic, sorry.

Edited by Blindsight
  • Brohoof 2

Does anybody remember the scene in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory where Augustus is stuck in the pipe after falling in the chocolate pond, and Wonka says "The suspense is terrible... I hope it'll last?" That's essentially been my reaction during drawn-out, potentially lethal situations I've found myself in that were out of my control. Whichever way things go don't overly concern me but the uncertainty is thrilling. Times when I've found myself in a deadly situation within my control, situations such as imminent car collisions, I do get a bit shocked by the suddenness  of such a dangerous situation, but I'm not afraid that I may die.

My only real concern is for those I may leave behind who would be adversely affected by my death. The thought of my parents having to deal with that bothers me. Though I'm not afraid of dying, it's something I do think about often and who would be affected by it.

One shouldn't fear death, as it's one of the only natural things that we have in life. I don't fear death, but the fear of dying alone is what tends to scare most people when discussing the topic.

I personally do not fear death. As I am a Christian, I see it as a transition to a better life.

That aside, I do somewhat fear not mattering after I'm gone. However, this is for the better, as it serves as an incentive to be the best I can be here and now.

I would welcome death, at the proper time of course. The prospect of living forever and watching everyone and everything that you love passing away does not appeal to me.

If you need evidence of this, read the fanfics The First Night Alone, and The Game of Immortality. Both of these fics are based off of the song First Night Alone by AcousticBrony. Both are major tear jerkers, just as a warning.

Death itself is good, nothing to be feared about it. It's merely a sleep that never ends. But what really scares me is that the fact that I will leave my parents and my sister to themselves.

I'm deathly afraid that something bad will happen to them when I die. Currently my parents rely on me to serve food on their table, I could never stand knowing that with my death, theirs will soon follow. My sister would also left to fend for herself. :c

Yes, I'm afraid that I will die before I could at least ensure that at least I will inherit something  to my family.

You do not fear death? You think this makes you strong. It makes you weak. Why?

How can you move faster than possible, fight longer than possible without the most powerful impulse of the spirit: the fear of death. I do fear death. I fear dying in here, while my city burns, and there's no one there to save it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCG0c7_xll4

RISE.

Edited by Circadian

I do not fear death as an event, it is just another part of life. However, I do fear if death will be painful, and if I will be able to die with dignity, and what will happen to those I love when I leave them. But does the fact that one day I will no longer exist as I currently do scare me? No.

As for what's beyond death, again, I have no fear. I'm not a religious man (in fact, when it comes to the idea of monotheism I'm an agnostic), but I do believe that death is not only an end, but also a new beginning. As to what, I do not know. In fact, such thoughts actually fill me with more of a sense of curiosity than fear.

Edited by Sky Nomad