Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you fear dying?

Wolf-Boy

I'm not afriad of death.

Why should I be scared of my fate?Death is inevitable,as the circle of life demands that life is born in the beginning and life dies at the end of the cycle.It would be...problematic,to say it politely,if one were scared of their fate.

No, I don't fear dying. I know that I have a long, happy life ahead of me, and plan to live it to the fullest. Not risking life and limb like that YOLO bullcrap, but leaving a peaceful existence, with a kind and loving family surrounding me. I know that I could meet the Reaper at any time, but I feel that God has a plan for everyting. Maybe because I died, someone else gets to accomplish something they wouln't have if i survived. So no, I do not fear death.

Edited by Ivory Moth

Of course I do! Is it something I worry about every day? No. But I have a natural respect for death, and when my time comes, I just want to be ready. 

I guess I dont fear the reaper, I just fear not living life to the fullest before he comes

EDIT: Unless Immortality is invented in my lifetime, I will accept death as it is, and I have no problems with it

Edited by WingedRatchet

I decided for myself it was silly to worry about it.

Since death is inevitable, why bother using the little time I have worrying about what comes after? I hope that I will think of my life as a journey when I become elderly. Life isn't simply a march to a final destination, it's about the journey in the middle; the friends you've made, the places you've seen and the experiences you shared. Make the most of this rare experience and embrace the day and night with a smile!

Well, that's my mentality at any rate.

Yes I'm afraid of death, and I think of dying every single day. Not because I want to, but rather because I suppose I'm just that kind of personality. Honestly I wish I wasn't afraid of death, and I wish i didn't think about it, but I am and I do. To think that everything you did in life, your every last memory, pretty much gets blanked out and deleted in the end... thats scary. Sure your memories and life experiences have meaning for you, but what if YOU do not exist?

I generally think that all people are not afraid to die because its a given fact and is inevitable. It HOW people will die that scares us, I think. We tend to place our notion to physical thing like pleasure and pain. And since death has been associated with pain a buttload of times, it seems that this notion has indirectly inculcated itself in our minds that Death = Pain.

But yeah.. We're not afraid to die. But we're afraid how we will die.

I am not afraid of dying, because to be honest death sounds pretty good. Eternal resting sounds so much easier and better than life.

You are the first person I have met who says this.  Sometimes, I, myself, think that dying would be easier than living.  Sometimes, I actually want to kill myself.  Then, I remember that I have friends and family, and then I think "Nah, I'll do it some other time."

• Brohoof 2

You are the first person I have met who says this.  Sometimes, I, myself, think that dying would be easier than living.  Sometimes, I actually want to kill myself.  Then, I remember that I have friends and family, and then I think "Nah, I'll do it some other time."

I think that too sometimes but I rather go down taking out as many terrorists as I can rather than killing myself.It's easy to see why people who are unhappy with their environment will think that way.

• Brohoof 2

no i dont fear dieing i embrace it and wish to keep others from it death is some thing to respect not fear and we should use it as motovation to do things we do fear but wish to do

I fear a lot of things, death is not one of them. I may hate to think about it and do feel nervous in near-death experiences but I don't actively fear it. Fearing death implies that you actively spend time avoiding death, since death is inevitable, why waste your time avoiding it? Death will come when it will come. And when it does, I'll be ready.

You are the first person I have met who says this. Sometimes, I, myself, think that dying would be easier than living. Sometimes, I actually want to kill myself. Then, I remember that I have friends and family, and then I think "Nah, I'll do it some other time."

You should never believe killing yourself is an option until there is nothing to live for. Death seems fun and all, and yeah life's a bitch. But if you live you get a chance that you might find something a 1000 times better than eternal resting.

• Brohoof 1

I do not fear death, I fear the effects of death. I fear that my parents would decide to give up on life if I were to die. I personally accept death without a fight but it would not be able to take seeing my parents in so much pain from my death.

• Brohoof 1

I do not fear death. I have already dealt with numerous amounts of death and violence in my life. Seeing people die really changes you, but I have become desensitized to it.

I thought killing myself sometimes was answer. Going to my place in afterlife would correct all my problems, I wouldn't feel anymore pain, I wouldn't hurt anyone anymore and I'd get to see my wife.

But I thought long and hard about it and i decided living is better.

I now see life is better living and when the time comes (Hopefully much later in my life) I'll accept it.

Edited by Comrade-Dimitri-Hammer

I was dead for billions of years before I was born and I don't have any traumatized memories from that, so it cannot be so bad. How I die is another matter though, since there are ways I really don't want to happen to me. Anything involving large amounts of pain for one.

“You want a physicist to speak at your funeral. You want the physicist to talk to your grieving family about the conservation of energy, so they will understand that your energy has not died. You want the physicist to remind your sobbing mother about the first law of thermodynamics; that no energy gets created in the universe, and none is destroyed. You want your mother to know that all your energy, every vibration, every Btu of heat, every wave of every particle that was her beloved child remains with her in this world. You want the physicist to tell your weeping father that amid energies of the cosmos, you gave as good as you got.

And at one point you’d hope that the physicist would step down from the pulpit and walk to your brokenhearted spouse there in the pew and tell him/her that all the photons that ever bounced off your face, all the particles whose paths were interrupted by your smile, by the touch of your hair, hundreds of trillions of particles, have raced off like children, their ways forever changed by you. And as your widow rocks in the arms of a loving family, may the physicist let her know that all the photons that bounced from you were gathered in the particle detectors that are her eyes, that those photons created within her constellations of electromagnetically charged neurons whose energy will go on forever.

And the physicist will remind the congregation of how much of all our energy is given off as heat. There may be a few fanning themselves with their programs as he says it. And he will tell them that the warmth that flowed through you in life is still here, still part of all that we are, even as we who mourn continue the heat of our own lives.

And you’ll want the physicist to explain to those who loved you that they need not have faith; indeed, they should not have faith. Let them know that they can measure, that scientists have measured precisely the conservation of energy and found it accurate, verifiable and consistent across space and time. You can hope your family will examine the evidence and satisfy themselves that the science is sound and that they’ll be comforted to know your energy’s still around. According to the law of the conservation of energy, not a bit of you is gone; you’re just less orderly."

Edited by Circadian
  • Brohoof 1

Not sure, really. I am afraid of dying, but I'm not afraid of being dead. I mean, I do fear, that "process" of dying is going to be extremely painful(so I'd rather die suddenly, or asleep), but when you eventually die, you don't feel anything anymore, so it sounds quite... neutral. I have been dead for ~13 billion years and I haven't been sad because of that.

From a rational point of view, there is nothing to be afraid of. There is no hell, no heaven, just nothingness. 

• Brohoof 1

I wish I was dead... But the thing is... If I'm dead... I'd miss all the excitement on mlp and in the bronydome community

I guess you could say that mlp is my life Suport... But anyways... No, I don't fear death...

Probably because I'm emo

I think what I am most afraid of about dying is just dying without a purpose

when I die, I would like to be remembered for doing something with our world

helping people who needed help.

I wouldn't want to die and be utterly forgotten, or worse...

not even known in the first place :(

Edited by ~ds8~

Nope. If I ever face death, I'll do so running towards it, not away. There is nothing to fear but fear itself, and death can't be just the end.

Who knows, maybe when Bronies die we go to Equestria!

I don't fear death, it's just something that happens and whatever comes after it... just comes. But I am deeply afraid that I won't live my life to the fullest or make the most of what I have before I die. I don't want to have any 'what if's' when that time comes, you know?

Who knows, maybe when Bronies die we go to Equestria!

That'd be freakin' sweet.

Edited by Driku12

Hmm...Interesting question, and, according to some weird test thing, I DO fear death. In actuality, I don't really.

I mean, sure, we're (Probably) all gonna die someday, so why fear the inevitable? ..Nope, can't say I fear it at all...How we're gonna die is a different matter, but that's for another time..

Yay! Happy questions!