Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you fear dying?

Wolf-Boy

Yep. For me, it is just an unexplainable feeling of extreme dread and that is what triggers the fear. I am terrified of it, but whatever. Even when I was religious I was scared of it. Has not changed and probably never will. I am looking through the eyes of a child in a 20 year old's body for many things in this world, death is one of those things. I am scared of a lot of things, death is just at the top.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not afraid of death, I don't believe in the afterlife either. It's not like death has to be a painful thing, and if it well then at least you won't feel anything. 

• 2 weeks later...

Death dosent really scare me..... I know it will happen.

People tend to fear things that they are not explicitly in control of. Death is probably the best example of this. Its also unknown, and unknowable what happens after death.... And that's  why I don't fear it. When I die, ill finally know what happens.... So I will continue to sit here, living my quaint little life, waiting with open arms for death to consume me.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I tend to be very paranoid. After my grandfather's death, I feared more for myself and get scared whenever I go somewhere, thinking I might get in a car crash, or something. Yes, I fear death alot.

(edited)

TY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTSTY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTSTY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTSTY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTSTY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTSTY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTSTY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTSTY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTSTY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTSTY STOP LOOKING AT MY POSTS

Edited by PonyLover123

I'm an alicorn princess and therefore I can never die.

244493__UNOPT__safe_princess-celestia_an

Kidding, kidding. In all seriousness I fear dying from a painful accident when I still had much to accomplish more than death alone.

I do fear death, but I fear not being able to accomplish something before I die more. I believe that death is not the end. So if I would die now, my first thought is how disappointed I would be (as a spirit or so) that my life ended before I could do anything. By "anything" I mean graduating, getting a job, marrying someone, having a kid... et cetera.

It's strange how these things didn't seem appealing to me at all a few years back. Now when I try to imagine a relationship with someone, I automatically ask myself, "but when would he ask for my hand?". :lol: I went a little off-topic, sorry.

This, in all honesty, is me

While I do greatly fear dying, I mostly fear not getting anything done beforehand, not being able to see the world, not being able to experience love (which may be what ends up happening anyway :()

• 4 years later...

No.

Immortality is way worse than death any day of the week. Imagine outliving your family, your friends and everyone else.

Valar Morghulis.

I'm more afraid of getting old than dying. Like my grandpa (who lived to be 91) used to say, "Never get old." I've seen what age does to people and I'm not looking forward to it.

• Brohoof 1

When it comes to what my own death would mean for me, I really don't care. The real problem is what would that mean to those who've grown attached to me. I'm far concerned for what it would mean for them. I'm doubtful I would bother keeping myself alive otherwise.

No. When I'm ready,  I'll accept it with an open arms. 

all life is lived against death. "Do not go gentle into that good night"  etc.  all of it is tied up in fear, but fear is necessary for so many things even though we hate it.. 

Being a religious individual, I’m not afraid of death at all. I know where I’m going when I die, and since I believe in a redemptive God who covers my sin, it doesn’t matter how many times I screw up along the way, he’ll accept me for who I am. 

I hope that I don’t grow old and feeble, and I’m doing what I can now to minimize the debilitating diseases that I know my family has a history with (weight problems, dementia, etc.). However, if I become weak and sick in my old age, I will take comfort in knowing that there is a reason in all things, that God will use my pain for his glory and that it is a struggle that will be rewarded.

So I don’t fear death, I look forward to the afterlife being so much better than life on Earth. I really struggle to understand how those who don’t believe in anything motivate themselves to keep going on this planet, tbh. I’m convinced that this life kinda sucks.

On 7/12/2013 at 0:49 AM, PonyLover123 said:

I fear death very much so. I'm terrified of the fact I might go to heaven or hell, to live in peace or to burn in pain forever, to live in happiness or to cry in all eternity. You never know if those places are real or not, it's all in your own religion.

I do fear of death a lot of times. Whenever I ride my bike in the street I am very careful about falling over and looking ahead of me. Sometimes, though, I'm riding my bike and I might close my eyes or I might not pay attention. When that happens I start to hear the sound of car engines nearby. I open my eyes or pay attention and turn around and see a car behind/right behind me. Then I scramble to ride to a nearby curb to calm myself down and get my breath back. Otherwise, according to my religion, I pray and pray and pray so that I don't have any sins...I once made veeery VERY bad mistake in my childhood and I'm afraid of going to hell for it.

Anyways, to answer your question, no, I'm not scared of dying.

I'M TERRIFIED.

Dude, I know this isn’t a religious topic, and I don’t know what religion you’re a part of, so take this as you will.

Being terrified of God’s wrath is no way to live. It won’t make you a better person, and it won’t make you more in tune with the big guy. It’ll just make you miserable.

Again, I don’t know what you believe, but I believe that God overcame sin and will forgive any wrongdoing aside from blatantly slandering him with the intent of destroying his religion altogether. Outside of that, he chooses to use redemptive grace to cover our sin, no matter how heinous (trust me, I’ve done horrible things, too.). 

So, you’re golden. Have confidence that the God you believe in is more powerful than sin and will save you from it. Because being terrified of your own previous wrongdoings is no way to live.

• Brohoof 2

I'd be afraid of a painful death, but it's been a pretty painful life so I guess there's no reason for it. One day my story will end just like everyone else's. 

Death is probably my strongest fear so definitely yes, it scares me a lot. Occasionally I end up thinking about it when I go to sleep and form a small, teary crisis almost every time. The thought of having to die eventually gives me the most empty, terrifying feeling.

It’s both the fear of permanent unconsciousness or permanent suffering that I fear death, neither of which isn’t guaranteed.

It’s not only that, I fear both that other people never get to live out their live fully, and either enter this nothingness, or if they weren’t enlightened, suffer forever and their life was just an infinitesimal event. Worse if they were murdered... leading into a worse fate... like they didn’t have time to make a choice...

I fear this for a lot of people...

I'm a Christian, so no.  I will not seek out death, but should it find me, I'd love to go to heaven.  The only thing I fear is dying unfulfilled, that is to say, dying with regrets.  Even so, heaven sounds pretty lit so I'd probably get over it in no time even if I were to die unfulfilled.

Not to the point that it bothers me. I figure everything has its time, and it seems that everything else in the world faces it gracefully enough; the ambiguity of it all helps as well, like beginning another adventure. Who knows what awaits afterwards?

I think the better question is, “Why fear Death when its inevitable?” Or “Are you afraid what happens AFTER death?”

There is no reason for me to fear Death since it serves as a reminder that Our Reality is only Temporary and not Permanent. So I shall embrace it with open arms when my time comes along with getting old.

If you believe in a Creative Force out there, then your soul and deeds only matter since they’re permanent that shall decide where you live eternally in the afterlife.

If you’re otherwise, then make what you do in this Temporary Life cause nothing matters except you enjoyed your Temporary Life in anyway possible. What reason is there to fear Death when it’s inevitable?

• 3 weeks later...

I do not fear death. I fear what may happen after it, though. I'm not a believer in an afterlife, but you never know. If any major religion turns out to be right, I'm going to hell and I'm afraid of that possibility. I will only miss getting to enjoy my short period of being alive on this Earth.

• 4 weeks later...

Simply NO.

And I´m not believing any other fact´s than that we only exist because our brain tell us so. So in the same time as the electrical impulses in the brain ceases, we stop existing. Sad but the most scientific truth.

There are two things I fear in regard to death. The first is whether or not it will be a painful one.

As an atheist, I believe there's nothing to look forward to or back upon once you've died. When you're gone, that's all you are, and the only thing you can hope for is you made enough of an impact to have your memory live well on beyond you or that you managed to make someone else's life better at the very least. Perhaps If I live to be old withered and grey, I'll grow content with the void that awaits.